It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Explosion" has been reported in the Isfahan region of Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

It's possible to point out potential American involvement without being an "American hater", just saying. Labeling anyone who criticizes actions of a certain government as a hater of that country is a cop out, a very lame one at that.

On topic... I remember Netanyahu or Barak being quoted as saying "may there be more like it" after the first explosion. The first time can be an accident, but three times is certainly suspicious.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
More Mainstream reports, though on Google news only 3 to date all semi government agencies, or fronts.

There is imho a media blackout control on this, as the above and that the others mainstream are not running with this.

Explosions at Nuclear Reactor sites never mind Nuclear Weapons sites are big news any day anywhere in the world, and Zilch zadda nothing except the BBC tweet reporting Fars!

However the semi official and spin articles are as follows:

Report: Huge explosion heard in Iranian city of Isfahan A large explosion was reported in one of Iran's largest cities. Security officials confirm incident, refuses to give further details; no injuries reported so far
Y Net News

A large explosion rocked the central Iranian city of Isfahan Monday afternoon, Channel 2 news reported according to Iranian semi-official FARS news.

The report did not reveal the cause of the explosion, which was large enough to be heard throughout the city.

Isfahan is home to nuclear experimental reactors, and also a uranium enrichment facility for producing nuclear fuel.

The explosion occurred two weeks after a massive explosion west of Tehran which killed 17 troops, including an IRGC officer responsible for the development of some of Iran's most advanced weapons.
JP

Reports from Iran Monday night said that a large explosion had been heard in Isfahan, where several key nuclear facilities are located, particularly a uranium conversion plant. If correct, Monday's explosion would be the second in about two weeks, after 21 members of an elite Iranian army unit were killed outside Bidganeh village, 40 kilometers southwest of Tehran. A spokesperson for the Revolutionary Guard was quoted as saying that the explosion Monday occurred as some weapons were being transported in the area.
Israel National News

This is telling enough for me.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Good trick for the Iranians.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

n a curious turn of events, shortly after the initial report was published, the item was removed off the news agency's website, which is affiliated with the country's Revolutionary Guard. Hours lter, deputy governor of Isfahan province told Iran's Mehr news agency that there was no report of a major explosion in the province.

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

The Propoganda war is very well alive,

even if the secret one is hidden.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

the word Covert comes to mind ...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by Burgo1010

The Propoganda war is very well alive,

even if the secret one is hidden.

Kind Regards,

Elf

I agree. Those Iranians will do anything to justify their aggression against Israel.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Latest news as of this post has Iranians backtracking a bit.

Iran's FARS news agency reported of a large explosion in one of Iran's largest cities. Security officials confirm incident, but report removed from website shortly afterwards

The district's security department head Muhammad Mahdi Ismaili told the news agency that he hadn't received "exact information, but the incident is being investigated." In a curious turn of events, shortly after the initial report was published, the item was removed from the news agency's website, which is affiliated with the country's Revolutionary Guard. Hours later, deputy governor of Isfahan province told Iran's Mehr news agency that there was no report of a major explosion in the province. "So far no report of a major explosion has been heard from any government body in Isfahan," he was quoted as saying.

www.ynetnews.com...

edit on 11/28/2011 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/28/2011 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Satellite Image Showing Damage from November 12, 2011 Blast at Military Base in Iran

From

isis-online.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Rueturs Africa is covering this now

Well apparently it is just an Petrol Station exploding, yeah of course,

Because when petrol stations explode there is no smoke, no flames, no reports just a large explosion lol:

TEHRAN Nov 28 (Reuters) - A sound similar to an explosion was heard from Iran's Isfahan city on Monday afternoon, the head of the judiciary in the province said, according to Iran's ISNA news agency.

"In the afternoon, there was a noise like an explosion, but we don't have any information from security forces on the source of the noise," Gholamreza Ansari was quoted as saying.

The Mehr news agency said other unidentified Iranian news media had reported that the blast took place at a petrol station at a town near Isfahan city. (Reporting by Robin Pomeroy and Jonathan Hemming; Writing by Peter Graff; Editing by Jon Boyle)

Yeah Right of course it is.

What all these recent "accidents" is showing to me plainly is that there is obviously no need at all for any military action directly in Iran, that is non covert.

If these are just accidents, then what chance has the Iranians of completing, fitting and delivering an Nuclear Missile to another country with no problems, if they cant even transport normal munitions properly, they are obviously very inept.

If these are as I am sure most will agree the "Covert" work of Israel UK USA, then in just 1 month we have killed their leading rocket scientist, destroyed two major sites of Nuclear Research, destroyed their infrastructure with an computer Virus.

A perfectly good job of stopping the Iranians ever get Nuclear Weapons is being successful, and reports of an month or two ago of them being an year away from a completed nuke, are moot after recent events, more like 5 -10 to rebuild and catch up, try and get similair scientist to that lost already...

The threat has receded or is now years in the future.

There is therefore no need now for any official attacks or war with Iran anymore.

Of course that is based on the fact that any action would be to stop these nukes, and have nothing to do with Oil in that country, and the hatred from another close nation.

Surely then any official attacks wont be asked for or needed?

Yeah Right just like exploding petrol stations at nuclear bases!

Kind Regards,

Elf
edit on 28-11-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Its a no win situation for the Iranians. If they admit sabotage then they look weak and defenseless because they are being infiltrated. If they admit it was an accident well they just look incompetent.

edit on 28-11-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

Crying sabotage would be problematic as Iranian military/political/religious officials have recently and repeatedly announced that Iran would respond to "aggression" from the usual suspects in a "crushing" fashion or words to that effect.

If Iranian officials accused anyone of being involved in any suspicious happenings then the government would be forced to either react in a significant and overt way and weather the international response, or do nothing and become a laughing stock at home and abroad. One can appreciate how it is far more convenient to claim accident after accident or cover up the incident entirely. Enormous explosions are difficult to hide.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Subversive attack or a stealth type missile I wonder.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Its one too many accidents. Godspeed to the injured and affected by it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hush hush and propaganda.
I fear something nuclear, hope
I am wrong!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Almost immediately after the recent explosion at an Iranian military base all the usual US haters and apologists were accusing the US of involvement etc.....unfortunately for them even all official Iranian agencies insisted it was an accident and there was absolutely no reason at all to suspect US involvement.

Yup, must be an accident because the Iranians say so...

Lots of accidents happening in Iran these days. Not like it could be covert operations or anything, because that's not what the media is reporting

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
well maybe the munition accident was just a cover story because they had a serious accident at there nuclear facility and they didnt want that information getting out

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Condolences to those whom may have died or are wounded. A blast that big is bound to cause injuries if not death to some. May more news be made avaliable and investigation carried out.

IF it was another accident, then it certainly does not bode well for the nuclear generation programme, let alone the nuke armament progression. For accidents to happen at this stage only goes to show how far behind they are in the aspect of nuclear safety handling issues, which is not only a concern to its neighbours and world, but more critically, to the millions of citizens living in close proximity to those sites.

Perhaps our fellow human brothers and sisters in Iran should get Geiger counters to independently measure if there is any harmful radiation leakage from today onwards, for their own safety sake? The Iranian gov doesnt seems to measure up to being trustworthy or forthcoming with information, more so on its nuke programmes.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Without proof it's obvious speculation,

though, one must ponder, the sudden 'Coincidental Accidents'

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm not buying it....I think Iran is definitely covering up something here.

No explosion in Isfahan: Iran official

www.presstv.ir...
edit on 28-11-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It's possible to point out potential American involvement without being an "American hater", just saying. Labeling anyone who criticizes actions of a certain government as a hater of that country is a cop out, a very lame one at that.

I agree entirely with you.

I assure you that I have criticised the actions of American people and their government on more than a few occassions.

Blind faith and support of something is equally as bigotted and narrow minded as blind condemnation.
Unfotunately there are those who criticise everything the US does or see's their involvement in everything that happens in this world and quite frequently without any supportive evidence or offering reasoned debate..
These type of threads tend to attract quite a large number of these sort of comments.

Of course I am not that naive that I think the US couldn't or wouldn't be behind anything like this I just ask that we wait until we have at least some facts to debate.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join