It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians don't call their creator Allah ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
reply to post by BO XIAN

And what happened to you ?

My Muslim roommate taught me a lot!

Your girlfriend left you for a Muslim ?

NOT AT ALL! LOL

You got beat up by Muslims ?

NOPE!

Lost your job to a Muslim ?

NOPE!

1. I hate brazenly extreme violent hypocrisy so common in Islam

2. I hate all that satan uses against the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

3. I hate the viciously blood-thirsty violence inherent in the founding documents of Islam and the practices of ill-informed, poorly educated, blood-lust radically violent individuals and those who support them directly and indirectly.

Why the great hostility to Islam?

See above and below:

From

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

What does the
Religion of Peace
Teach About...

Violence

Question:
Does the Quran really contain dozens of verses promoting violence?

Summary Answer:
The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, most of the verses of violence in the Quran are open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by the historical context of the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran.

Unfortunately, there are very few verses of tolerance and peace to abrogate or even balance out the many that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed. Muhammad's own martial legacy and the remarkable stress on violence found in the Quran have resulted in a trail of blood and tears across world history.

a mere SAMPLE of the 109 VERSES:

The Quran:

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah." The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did).

The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.

. . .

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot. (emphases added)

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Not by a trillion galactic clusters worth of light years in miles.

I pray to

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob;

The GREAT 'I AM.'

EL SHADDAI

all one and the same.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
because Allah is in the arabic language. a Christian arab also calls God, Allah. In french, it's Dieu. in spanish, Dios.

edit on 28-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Again, that's your reality, not mine.

The references are accurate.

The history is accurate.

"Allah" was a demonic moon god before Muhammad was born.

Facts are still facts.

They matter to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and to me.

The slipping and sliding, shucking and jiving, so authorized . . .and expressly, specifically including LYING . . . in the service of Islam is a stench in the nostrils of God and of all informed thinking, morally congruent individuals everywhere.

The conquest by birth-rate is not all that admirable either. However, that's a lot more honorable than the blood-lust sort so inherent and so valued in Islam.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

The slipping and sliding, shucking and jiving, so authorized . . .and expressly, specifically including LYING . . . in the service of Islam is a stench in the nostrils of God and of all informed thinking, morally congruent individuals everywhere.

The conquest by birth-rate is not all that admirable either. However, that's a lot more honorable than the blood-lust sort so inherent and so valued in Islam.

Oh so you are the WORD of God?

I did not know you were speaking as such.

My apologies.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by boony
When God came down to earth, he chose to reveal himself as Jesus the " Imago Dei" The image of God.

These silly arguments are pointless, Christianity teaches that Jesus is God. Christians are to see God through Jesus as revealed by the father in heaven.
We call God Jesus

Wrong !

What is Pauline Christianity?

1) Jesus was not divine. He never claimed to be God, and he never intended to start a new religion. 2) The Bible is not an inspired book and is riddled with contradictions. None of the Bible, except possibly the book of James, was written by anyone who knew Jesus. There are fragments of Jesus’ teachings in the Gospels, but it is difficult to discern what he really said. 3) Paul was never a Pharisee and was not highly educated. His “conversion” was either a personal hallucinogenic experience or an outright fraud. His claims to be an apostle were attempts to further his own authority in the church. 4) Pauline theological “inventions” include a) the deity of Jesus; b) salvation by grace through faith; c) salvation through the blood of Jesus; d) the sinless nature of Jesus; e) the concept of original sin; and f) the Holy Spirit. None of these “new doctrines” were accepted by Jesus’ true followers. 5) The Gnostic Gospels are closer to the truth about Jesus than are the traditional four Gospels of the Bible.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Mainly because the word for god in Aramaic, Hebrew, and Greek is not Allah.

Allah is simply god in Arabic.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz

Did you read the opening post ?!

Did you hear the video of the Yemeni Jew ??

Impressive !!

Even Jesus said Allah. According to an Aramaic dictionary, ( www.pe.../lexicon/ ) the word for God in Aramaic (The language which Jesus spoke) is "Aalah", which is the exact same thing as the Arabic "Allah"

Abraham PBUH called him El shaddai Moses PBUH called him Elohim (see Genesis) Jesus PBUH called him Allah Muhammad PBUH called him Allah

edit on 28-11-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boony

When God came down to earth, he chose to reveal himself as Jesus the " Imago Dei" The image of God.

Of course you mean the second time yahweh came to earth, the first time he came as yahwhe remember ?

And when he killed himself ie sacrificed himself to himself and asked himself why he had forsaken himself he also refereed to himself as eloi and apparently eli .

Confused ? this is a bit like the Tates and the Campbells except they were real

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think another interesting thing is that when concluding a prayer and invoking the deity to help make it happen, Jews, Christians and Muslims all use a variation of the word "Amen."

Amen was the Egyptian "hidden" god. The primordial, all-powerful unseen god of the universe.

So maybe we all really know who the real boss is.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

[Quran 41:37]

So, no, Allah is not a so-called moon God. Not to mention, it is a fundamental belief of Muslims that The Creator does not have a shape, size, volume, nor is encompassed by time, nor exist in a place (christians say God is in the Heavens). Rather, everything other than Allah is a creation. Allah does not need that which was created. Space, distance, and direction, are not Allah; they are among the creations. Before space, distance, and direction existed, there was a God. After Allah created space, distance, and direction, Allah did not change and start to exist in a space, or a distance, or a direction. Nor is The Creator a "man up there", nor a being in the Heavens, or a big man on a throne, as christians would say. The Muslim belief in God is totally distinct than the christians; the Muslim belief is rationally consistent, whereas christians decry reason.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Also about the prayers or should I say the way early Christians prayed is almost the same way
Muslims pray to Allah.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

It wasn't until we learned english that we were able to make the connection between the Great Spirit and the God of the white men.

The god of the white men was yahweh, you know the one that told them it was ok to capture and enslave other humans, steal their lands kill all the males rape their virgins and so on. Are you really saying that the native Americans' "Great Spirit" was this nut job ?

Where does jesus come into this and which jesus for that matter ? You are aware that there is no contemporaneous evidence for the bible jesus even existing let alone being a god ?

Please bear in mind that the jesus character that papers in the new testament like yahwhe also condoned slavery and if, as claimed by xtians is in fact one and the same being as yahwhe also condoned every other repugnant act and order of yahwhe ?

Known non biblical evidence that Jesus existed. My friend there are 70 accounts from pagan men that he existed. Pliny the Younger, Mara-bar Sarapion, Flavius Josephus (the jewish traitor turned Roman historian) Cornelius Tacitus and even the Talmud speaks about him. Mara-bar Sarapion made fun of the jews for killing their messiah and nailing him to a tree.

www.westarkchurchofchrist.org...

Above link are non-biblical references to Jesus. Really if youre going to say stuff you know nothing about you need to do a little more research
or risk making yourself look foolish.

Really? How long are you people going to pull up the same old mundane arguements over and over about Yahweh? Can't think of anything new? Get a clue, Yahweh doesn't give a damn about slavery one way or the other, he never did. His concerns are not man's concerns and he blatantly says it in Isaiah.

Isaiah 55:8 "Your ways are not MY ways, neither are your thoughts MY thoughts"

That verse from Isaiah right there tells you he doesn't give a squat about how men view him or what they think about him. You can make your arguements and complaints to him but i really think he is not going to give a damn nor will he listen. You can think whatever you want about him and youre going to be wrong everytime.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Impressive !!

Perhaps you should study up on the Yemeni Jews.

I am sure after living isolated from their homeland for so long, that they would pick up the language of the natives.

Even Jesus said Allah. According to an Aramaic dictionary, ( www.pe.../lexicon/ ) the word for God in Aramaic (The language which Jesus spoke) is "Aalah", which is the exact same thing as the Arabic "Allah"

Except that it has been proven that Aramaic was not so wide spread in Judea as Hebrew was, and that anything every related to spirituality was spoken of in Mishnaic Hebrew.

Source

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Reprobation

Perhaps my sentence constructions or the sentences in the quotes were too complex in this?

Or is it just blind bias that precludes comprehension?

Or is it a kind of DENIAL such as we often see with alcoholics and mind-numbed robotic zealots?

Or is it just perverse stubbornness?

Mystifying.

comingworldwar3.wordpress.com...

Several quotes from Islamic & other enclycopedic etc sources:

“The Arabs, before the time of Mohammed, accepted and worshipped, after a fashion, a supreme god called Allah” – (Encyclopedia off Islam, I:302, Leiden: E.J. Brill, 1913, Houtsma)

“The name Allah, as the Quran itself is witness, was well known in pre-Islamic Arabia. Indeed, both it and its feminine form, Allat, are found not infrequently among the theophorous names in inscriptions from North Africa” – (Islam: Muhammad, and His Religion, New York: The Liberal Arts Press, 1958, p. 85)

The word “Allah” comes from the compound Arabic word, al-ilah. Al is the definite article “the” and ilah is an Arabic word for “god.” It is not a foreign word. It is not even the Syriac word for God. It is pure Arabic. – (There is an interesting discussion of the origins of Allah, in “Arabic Lexicographical Miscellanies” by J. Blau in the Journal of Semitic Studies, Vol. XVII, #2, 1972, pp. 173-190)

Neither is Allah a Hebrew or Greek word for God as found in the Bible. Allah is a purely Arabic term used in reference to an Arabian deity. Hastings’ Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics I:326, T & T Clark, states:

‘”Allah” is a proper name, applicable only to their [Arabs'] peculiar God.’

According to the Encyclopedia of Religion:

‘”Allah” is a pre-Islamic name . . . corresponding to the Babylonian Bel’ – (Encyclopedia of Religion, I:117 Washington DC, Corpus Pub., 1979)

as just a sample of those available at the link.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Again, that's your reality, not mine.

The references are accurate.

The history is accurate.

"Allah" was a demonic moon god before Muhammad was born.

Facts are still facts.

Yeah i remember somewhere Yahweh saying that he hates all liars in the bible and theres 1 of the 10 commandments about "you shall not bear false witness (lieing)"

If youre muslim and tell lies for the cause of Islam then God is your enemy. Read Acts chapters 5 or 6 (New Testament) about Ananias and Saphirra. God struck them both dead for lying to him and 2 of the Apostles went out and immediately buried them both, and it frightened the early church so bad that it hurt their conversion rates for a little while because when the story got out the people were afraid of God striking them dead for telling lies while proclaiming to be one of his children.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by boony

These silly arguments are pointless, Christianity teaches that Jesus is God. Christians are to see God through Jesus as revealed by the father in heaven.
We call God Jesus

Wrong !

What is Pauline Christianity?

1) Jesus was not divine. He never claimed to be God, and he never intended to start a new religion. 2) The Bible is not an inspired book and is riddled with contradictions. None of the Bible, except possibly the book of James, was written by anyone who knew Jesus. There are fragments of Jesus’ teachings in the Gospels, but it is difficult to discern what he really said. 3) Paul was never a Pharisee and was not highly educated. His “conversion” was either a personal hallucinogenic experience or an outright fraud. His claims to be an apostle were attempts to further his own authority in the church. 4) Pauline theological “inventions” include a) the deity of Jesus; b) salvation by grace through faith; c) salvation through the blood of Jesus; d) the sinless nature of Jesus; e) the concept of original sin; and f) the Holy Spirit. None of these “new doctrines” were accepted by Jesus’ true followers. 5) The Gnostic Gospels are closer to the truth about Jesus than are the traditional four Gospels of the Bible.

Really? Look at my signature. Apparently Simon Peter and Andrew (John the Baptist's disciples) didn't quite agree with that.

Hence the part where Jesus says "Most assuredly i say to you, before Abraham was, I AM" and it was spoken to reflect that Jesus is I AM.

Jesus said "I AM the Truth, the Way, and the Life. No one comes ot the Father but through ME"

Jesus also said "I am the resurrection"

Jesus again said "I am the light of the World"

The interesting thing is, he says all these same things in the Quran. Jesus flat out tells you he is I AM with his words and his actions, his healings and his miracles, his raising of the dead and walking on water and the feeding of 5000 from a few fish and a half dozen loaves of bread.

Who was it that appeared to Saul of Tarsus on the road to Damascus? Jesus in his glorified body giving off light so bright it blinded Saul to the point where Peter tried to heal him and the healing did not work 100% and Paul had issues with his eye sight for the rest of his days. Even when Moses and Elijah appeared during the Messiah's ascension they did not glow with that bright light like Jesus did. Who is the light? God is. Who is the light? Jesus is. Who is God? Jesus. Mathematics is the language of the universe. If you add up all the things Jesus said and did in the New Testament and the prophecies of Isiah, Amos, Jeremiah, Hosea etc. that = him being God.

Math folks right there. Anyone good at math with the capability of setting that equation in algebra?
edit on 28-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Impressive !!

Perhaps you should study up on the Yemeni Jews.

I am sure after living isolated from their homeland for so long, that they would pick up the language of the natives.

Except that it has been proven that Aramaic was not so wide spread in Judea as Hebrew was, and that anything every related to spirituality was spoken of in Mishnaic Hebrew.

Source

Lets not forget that aramaic is a dead language lost to history. Even biblical archeaologists cannot reverse engineer the language. The true pronunciations of the words and their meaning is lost forever, or until someone unearths a rosetta stone for aramaic.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

If Jesus(PBUH) called his god "Allah", then why would "Christians" use other words when talking to or about
their Creator?

There aren't many Christians that speak Aramaic. The religion itself values greatly the ability to translate speech into other languages and speak to diverse populations, so there's no special value attached to Aramaic.

Aramaic is a dead language, you mean arabic.

Aramaic is not quite dead, yet. There are still a few thousand speakers.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Lolwut? No "christian" would ever call the Lord Allah. Our Lord is Jesus the Christ, the Lord of All, the Son of God, the Son of Man. Jesus was equal to the Father in power and in nature and it as through Jesus that the earth and the heavens were created.

I think it depends on their level of education/information about the facts of Muhammad's/Islam's history.

Authentic informed ones don't, usually.

What's really exciting are the 100's--thousands of cases at this point--of individuals, families and even villages in every Islamic country where many individuals have a dream/vision/visitation of Jesus presenting Himself as their Savior. They welcome Him into their hearts in the experience and then afterwards they have to secretly find a Bible to find out WHO THIS JESUS IS THAT IS THEIR NEW GOD AND SAVIOR!

PRAISE GOD.

Indeed, praise God.

He can reach them when we cannot, thank God for that. I have heard stories of many Imams converting to christianity. It's truly amazing when Jesus reveals himself to people and they are converted instantly without a doubt.

For 20 years i paid lipservice to God but i never truly believed. This summer as i was reading the bible on my own, i read Isaiah 55:8 my signature and it was during worship service Jesus showed me who he was. That revelation unlocked my baptism by fire and sealed me to him as the Holy Spirit made it known to me that he was our Creator. As Thomas said as he hit his knees when Jesus appeared to him after his resurrection and showed he was alive Thomas said "My Lord, MY God" as that same revelation i had dropped him to his knees. It was a life changing event for me. I knew who Jesus really is and it was then that i felt truly how much my God loved me, that he could put on the flesh or a mortal man and suffer those awful things. He knew me thousands of years before i was ever born and he loved me back then. You can't buy that kind of love. You can spend your entire life looking and searching for that love and you will never find it from anyone save Christ himself. Not even your mother and father love you like that. His is a love that transcends all of time and all of eternity

It saddens me to see how many people live their whole lives and die without ever knowing that kind of love and i count myself blessed to have been able to find that out before i lived so much of my life without ever knowing him. I can literally die a martyr for him and would be happy knowing that in the instant i close my eyes in this world i will awake in his house and this awful dream of pain and heartache will be no more.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join