It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians don't call their creator Allah ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

I would really like to answer you on my opinion of islam.
Since the muslims are a protected people,I have to remain
somewhat silent,unless you want this thread killed?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

A lot of us are...Bible reading,gun toting,flag waving patriots.
We call G-d our Heavenly Father,not allah.

I know. Because Jesus endorsed gun toting and flag waving, right?
That part about the bible reading ..... a lot of people have read it. No points there.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Since the muslims are a protected people

Muslims sure dont seem protected from getting bombed and invaded by flag waving, gun toting, bible reading christians.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I agree with you lonewolf and that's kinda the point I was trying to make. I am a Christian but I claim no denomination or church. My God is my God, My heart is His heart. My faith is my faith and it is between Him and me. So after saying that what does it matter what you call your God as long as it works for you? I am just as likely to call Him The All Father or to use no name. So if you can do the same thing why deny that His name when translated to a dead language is Allah?

link   
reply to post by CREAM

Yeah I know Jesus is in the Quran and i do not deny the link between the 2. What differs between the 2 is what makes such a huge gap. We christians believe that Jesus is divine and muslims believe he was just a man. The truth of the matter is, Jesus was both although he shed his manform when he was resurrected into his glorified body.

It would be ironic if christianity and islam were orginally the same faith but Satan being who he is has driven a wedge between the two because divide and conquer are his ways. The only men who know the truth of this have been dead for centuries. The question is, who got corrupted?

link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

First, you know Jesus was not an American, right? In fact, the use of the flag as a focus of allegiance is a recurring theme for things that are "bad" for Christians to do.

But why? Just because you speak English? You know that Jesus didn't speak English, right? Again, Americans don't own the trademark on Jesus.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

reply to post by ChristianJihad

If we christians are soooo dangerous,then you should be afraid
of me and my fellow christians!

"We call G-d our Heavenly Father,not allah."

If you translated that into Arabic (which BTW is just a language, not necessarily attached to Islam)... Then translated it back to English it would read:

"We call God our Hevenly Father, not God"

Literally, that's what you just said.

Are you getting the word Allah mixed up with the prophet Mohamed?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

I know. Because Jesus endorsed gun toting and flag waving, right?
That part about the bible reading ..... a lot of people have read it. No points there.

I think you missed her sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by CREAM

Yeah I know Jesus is in the Quran and i do not deny the link between the 2. What differs between the 2 is what makes such a huge gap. We christians believe that Jesus is divine and muslims believe he was just a man. The truth of the matter is, Jesus was both although he shed his manform when he was resurrected into his glorified body.

It would be ironic if christianity and islam were orginally the same faith but Satan being who he is has driven a wedge between the two because divide and conquer are his ways. The only men who know the truth of this have been dead for centuries. The question is, who got corrupted?

Jews think Jesus was just a man, Muslims think he was a prophet AND the Messiah for the Children of Israel.

"Muslims believe that Jesus will return to earth near the day of judgment to restore justice and to defeat Masih ad-Dajjal ("the false messiah", also known as the Antichrist)."

They also believe he performed miracles, but the difference is they think he performed them as a man with the permission of God. To me it's all semantics because I think God is everything and everyone.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Yes, the muslims are a protected people.
You can bash christianity,judaism...but say
one word against islam and you're labled a
islamaphobe or a bigot.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Read my signature,I am learning to speak hebrew.
Jesus is the anglicized version of the Messiah's name
which is Yeshua.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

First, you know Jesus was not an American, right? In fact, the use of the flag as a focus of allegiance is a recurring theme for things that are "bad" for Christians to do.

But why? Just because you speak English? You know that Jesus didn't speak English, right? Again, Americans don't own the trademark on Jesus.

Erm, Jesus didn't speak any one language, he spoke them all if you believe the native north american stories of him coming to visit them in a glorfied body that shone with bright light and blinded them right around the time he was resurrected which is where their stories of "the Great Spirit" came from.

I''m not going to argue the whole allegiance to the flag thing or the gun toting thing because i do neither of those. My allegiance is only to my God, i reckognize no governments of men, only the government of the Holy Spirit and there is no law in the bible regarding the carrying of weapons as God himself championed many of the Israelites wars by fighting them for them. The 6th commandment is "you shall not murder", there is no murder in protecting your people, murder is done "in cold blood" in hatred or anger or jealousy such as the way Cain slew Abel. Jesus did come along and say "if you live by the sword then you shall die by the sword". Having a weapon and using it are two different things. Some people have owned guns their whole lives and have never turned them on another human being.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Why would I waste my time learning arabic?
I would rather spend time learning other things
of more importance.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Please feel free to provide the evidence proving the existence of yahwhe

Not so fast, hotshot. [BTW, Yahwah/El Shaddai provides His own proof of existence--for those with eyes to see and ears to hear]

Oh I see just like the Smurfs, sorry dude why didn't you say earlier, and there's me thinking the Clangers were imaginary, silly me of course they are evidence of themselves.

First, I'm curious where your great hostility to Christianity originated from

Try reading their books with a critical mind it'll make you shudder.

--An abusive/hypocritical so-called 'Christian' father or mother ?

Nope, my parents kept their beliefs (if any at all) to themselves fortunately

--Some other abusive or hypocritical so called 'Christian?'

Nope, in fact some of my good friends are xtians and as I'm over 10 years old am not dumb or troubled of mind I am unlikely to be abused and such by an xtian or someone of any other religious bent for that matter.

--Some loved one die of a horrid disease?

Yes, like many people a loved one has died from a terrible disease , fortunately it was a disease not a demon otherwise I would have to be pissed at your jesus mangod thing would I not ?

--Someone cheated you out of a popsickle at a critical point in your life?

Probably but I am an inherently forgiving person which is probably why I don't remember it if it occurred.
-- . . .

quote] --God not answering some prayer or need to your satisfaction or time line? [/quote
]

This is how I view prayers if you're really interested please study, you'll probably (being a brainwashed chrsitian and or deluded) not even bother, but hey I tried to help you.

AND, given your great hostility to Christianity . . . how has it been working out for you to TRULY LIVE OUT YOUR OWN BEST VALUES consistently all in your own power, might and brilliance,day in and day out, month in and month out; year in and year out?

Well, to be honest things have worked out just fine I am a very very happy bald primate, and to be perfectly honest my moral values are far sperior your bible gods'

Thank you for the interest , Live long and prosper

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by CREAM

Jews think Jesus was just a man, Muslims think he was a prophet AND the Messiah for the Children of Israel.

"Muslims believe that Jesus will return to earth near the day of judgment to restore justice and to defeat Masih ad-Dajjal ("the false messiah", also known as the Antichrist)."

They also believe he performed miracles, but the difference is they think he performed them as a man with the permission of God. To me it's all semantics because I think God is everything and everyone.

Thats an interesting thought and insightful although i do not believe God is everything and everyone. Supposedly God is above concepts of good and evil as we know them to exist and mankind is full of both good and evil. What makes me say this is a passage from Isaiah.

Isaiah 55:8 "Your thoughts are not my thoughts, neither are your ways my ways".

Basically God is saying that our concerns are not his concerns, his mind is turned to a greater purpose then even we can imagine.

Isaiah also prophecied of Immanuel (means "God in person/flesh" in hebrew) and the things he would do and even his crucifixtion which played out in the life of Jesus. The book of Isaiah is one of the many books christians use to verfiy the deity of Jesus.

The first time i read my signature below in the book of Isaiah it shook my world entirely. I once too believed that Jesus was just a mere man who was made the son of God. Reading the passage set in my signature literally changed my life because i had a revelation i didn't see for 20 years of being a christian.
edit on 28-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by ChristianJihad

Christians walk by faith not by sight and they hear G-d when
He speaks to them through prayer,fasting and reading His word.

So your god doesn't talk to you unless you've got your eyes closed and hands together, refusing to eat and reading an erroneous book written by men claiming it was written by your particular god ?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

native north american stories of him coming to visit them in a glorfied body

Are you referring to Joseph Smith et al or "The" Native Americans once know as Indians ?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

native north american stories of him coming to visit them in a glorfied body

Are you referring to Joseph Smith et al or "The" Native Americans once know as Indians ?

I'm referring to my people the Cherokee Nation, we have stories about Jesus that go back long before the white man set foot on this contenent.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

If we christians are soooo dangerous,then you should be afraid of me and my fellow christians!

And indeed I am, after all we never know when your god might tell you to put me or my children to death or when you might decide to take your books literally.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I'm referring to my people the Cherokee Nation, we have stories about Jesus that go back long before the white man set foot on this contenent.

No doubt they were oral stories and never written down ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join