It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians don't call their creator Allah ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by CREAM

You're a muslim posting deceptions in an effort to spread Islam.

Lol, I wounder if the people who starred your post did so because they thought you were being sarcastic or actually believe that. I believe things from many religions, right now I have been mostly studying Hindu but I don't practice any one religion.
edit on 28-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by IAMIAM

That's not my reality.

My Muslim roommate researched the history extensively for over a year. He is very smart and very thorough. He fiercely disagrees with you.

BTW, he's one of the many thousands of Muhammed's descendants.

Muhammed was primarily DRIVEN by conquest, pedophilia, lust, greed, money, power.

What he did was evil to the max.

His followers are largely following suit.

And my many Muslim friends would disagree with you. In fact, they have come here themselves.

I'll let them tell you you are wrong.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 28-11-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Christians walk by faith not by sight and they hear G-d when
He speaks to them through prayer,fasting and reading His word.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Scripture twisting to prove that Jesus is God coming in 3, 2, 1....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
]

I believe in one God of Love too. Allah is just a word, just like the word God, that's all there is too it.

" I guess we will find out who is wrong and who is right when we die yeah? As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. In the end someone is going to be right and someone is going to be wrong, and it's going to suck for the losers."

OK, well I just told you I am getting in Arabic "God willing" tattooed on my back because it's like the Our Father that says "Thy will be done" I do a lot of volunteer work and my dream is open a non-profit organisation to help out my friends in Mozambique. When I say Allah, I mean God, or the Creator, or The Source, or the Great Spirit, or The Buddah, WHATEVER you want to call it.

I let my heart guide me, and if that means I am a "loser" and I will burn in hell forever. Fine. As Tupac said, "only God can judge me"

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I was afraid this would happen. I feel I should not have created this thread.
It's one of the most sensitive subject in modern times, and I don't think a place like this is ready
for constructive exchange about anything concerning religion, in my opinion, especially about Islam.

I honestly just wanted to exchange about a subject I wondered about.
I just tought it was interesting that "Jesus"(pbuh) was using the exact same name/word used by
Muhammad(pbuh), simply because the language he spoke was Arameic, not Arabic, but none the less
he used the same name/word. Was Jesus(pbuh) praying to a moon god when he was praising his creator?

And many thanks to everyone participating in a constructive manner.

Please, to all Jesus(pbuh) loving people on this thread, practice what He preached,
be more Jesus(pbuh) like

Or, be a little like Benjamin Franklin or Thomas Jefferson

1- Our Founding Fathers had favorable views toward Islam Benjamin Franklin famously stated that the standards of religious freedom in America had to be so broad that "Even if the Mufti [chief jurist] of Constantinople [from the Muslim Ottoman Empire] were to send a missionary to preach Mohammedanism to us, he would find a pulpit at his service." This openness to Islam was actually quite commonplace among America’s Founding Fathers. When George Washington was asked in 1784 what kind of workers should be hired to work on Mount Vernon, he responded by stating that they should hire the best workers, regardless of their background: “If they are good workmen, they may be from Asia, Africa or Europe; they may be Mahometans, Jews, Christians of any sect, or they may be Atheists...”

2- Thomas Jefferson studied the Qur’an If there is a figure more quintessentially American than Benjamin Franklin or even George Washington, it would have to be Thomas Jefferson. In 1765, Jefferson was studying for his bar exam to qualify as a lawyer. In order to acquaint himself with what various traditions had to offer about law, he purchased for his own private use the most recent and accurate translation of the Qur’an available, a work by George Sale called The Koran: Commonly Called the Alcoran of Mohammed, which had been translated from the original Arabic in 1734. Jefferson’s personal copy of the Qur’an eventually became part of the holdings of the Library of Congress, and recently gained a great deal of attention when it was used in the swearing-in ceremony of Keith Ellison, the first Muslim American elected to the United States Congress.

Islam: 5 Things You Didn't Know
edit on 28-11-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Jesus was equal to the Father in power and in nature and it as through Jesus that the earth and the heavens were created.

The scriptures themselves make it abundantly clear that this is not true, for example jesus (the jesus that appears in the bibles that is) admitted he did not know something which would immediately preclude any claims to omniscience , he also questioned his god (yahwhe/eloi) in relation as to why he had forsaken him.

Matthew 27
"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Psalms 22
1. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,

Psalms 22
31. They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

The Rabbi was quoting scripture, and those that knew. understood.

edit on 123030p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

He's NOT ABOUT to allow satan and the globalist oligarchy have all the dramatic demonstrations in these END TIMES.

Obviousness it doesn't occur to tiny xtian minds that people with power can use a book of myths and majik to manipulate the sheeple that believe such nonsense. To my mind this is one of the reasons that christians are some of the most dangerous people on the planet.

Please feel free to provide the evidence proving the existence of yahwhe

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

What was the bloke's name . . . a hundred years or several after Muhammed . . . who consolodated the myriad versions of the Koran into one and destroyed all the rest?

Clever fellow.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Obviousness it doesn't occur to tiny xtian minds . . . To my mind this is one of the reasons that christians are some of the most dangerous people on the planet.

Please feel free to provide the evidence proving the existence of yahwhe

Not so fast, hotshot.

[BTW, Yahwah/El Shaddai provides His own proof of existence--for those with eyes to see and ears to hear]

First, I'm curious where your great hostility to Christianity originated from.

--An abusive/hypocritical so-called 'Christian' father or mother?
--God not answering some prayer or need to your satisfaction or timeline?
--Some other abusive or hypocritical so called 'Christian?'
--Some loved one die of a horrid disease?
--Someone cheated you out of a popsickle at a critical point in your life?
-- . . .

AND, given your great hostility to Christianity . . .

how has it been working out for you to TRULY LIVE OUT YOUR OWN BEST VALUES consistently all in your own power, might and brilliance

day in and day out, month in and month out; year in and year out?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisIllusioned PatRiot
The entire Christian Religion has been so bastardized by the Church and what ever ruler wanted it changed to suit his need. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.... Are those Hebrew names? No they are English. Either changed from there originals or made up completely. Christ name isn't even Jesus. The English equivalent is Joshua, but it was changed by the Church because Joshua was too common of a name they didn't want people confused or praying to the wrong Joshua.

The King James version of the bible that modern Christians cling to was written in the "Kings English" the language of the times. How many different Names, Ideas or whole verses where changed purposely or just mistranslated? How can you be certain that God is not Allah when all you have to go off of is a poorly written biased book?

The next thing you're going to say is Jesus has blonde hair and blue eyes. He looks like and Englishmen why not say he spoke our modern language? do you get the sarcasm?

I think when youre praying to the Messiah he knows who youre referring to. Jesus is not a moron. For someone who could see the future and see the past and read what is in your heart he did surprisingly well.

It doesn't matter if it was bastardized or not. What matters is whats in your heart and if you follow his teaching. There is alot of evidence and passages in the bible that support the deity of Jesus. The only thing any of us has to go on is blind faith because not a one of us was alive in those times to see him. You just have to have faith. For some people this is easier than it is others and some people cannot have any faith at all beyond what they see with their eyes. If you want to know who Jesus really is? Open your heart to him. He showed me who he really is without even reading the bible. When i pray to him, my prayers are answered, if he was not God then my prayers would fall on deaf ears and go unanswered. I don't pray for my benefit, i pray for the benefit of others and for those who are in need. He has taken care of my needs by saving my soul, the least i can do is live my life for him and for his cause and to do his work so that others can come to know him through me.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

And what happened to you ?

Your girlfriend left you for a Muslim ?
You got beat up by Muslims ?
Lost your job to a Muslim ?

Why the great hostility to Islam?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Obviousness it doesn't occur to tiny xtian minds . . . To my mind this is one of the reasons that christians are some of the most dangerous people on the planet.

Are they really?

Muslim Persecution of Christians: October, 2011
"The World Remains Silent; It Is As If We Had Been Swallowed Up by The Night."

www.hudson-ny.org...

The last Jews of Baghdad: Just SEVEN remain (and they fear for their lives after being named by WikiLeaks)
www.dailymail.co.uk...

A third of Baghdad’s population was Jewish by the end of the First World War but they were forced to flee during the Second World War, which saw 180 killed in one day.

Jews living in Iraq were then branded Zionists and traitors after the creation of Israel in 1948 and when Iraq sent an army to fight in Palestine, Yentob says in the programme.

Text

No churches left in Afghanistan,

According to a report from the U. S. State department, there are virtually no churches left in Afghanistan. War, Taliban influence and a lack of government protection have eliminated just about all non-Muslim religious communities. In fact, the State Department’s report says that the last Christian church left in the country was destroyed in March of 2010. It is estimated that 99% of Afghanis are Muslim.

www.journalpioneer.com...

Surely you know of the persecution of the Coptic Christians.

One has to wonder what out government is really up to.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I think when youre praying to the Messiah he knows who youre referring to. Jesus is not a moron. For someone who could see the future and see the past and read what is in your heart he did surprisingly well.

It doesn't matter if it was bastardized or not. What matters is whats in your heart and if you follow his teaching. There is alot of evidence and passages in the bible that support the deity of Jesus. The only thing any of us has to go on is blind faith because not a one of us was alive in those times to see him. You just have to have faith. For some people this is easier than it is others and some people cannot have any faith at all beyond what they see with their eyes. If you want to know who Jesus really is? Open your heart to him. He showed me who he really is without even reading the bible. When i pray to him, my prayers are answered, if he was not God then my prayers would fall on deaf ears and go unanswered. I don't pray for my benefit, i pray for the benefit of others and for those who are in need. He has taken care of my needs by saving my soul, the least i can do is live my life for him and for his cause and to do his work so that others can come to know him through me.

"The only thing any of us has to go on is blind faith because not a one of us was alive in those times to see him"

I wouldn't call it "blind faith" at least not for me. The miracle of reality provides me with proof of God everyday, I am not blind to it at all.

Jesus "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

You can witness the spirit of God in children and nature, and in everything if your eyes are open to it. Go to Africa and see people in the tuberculous unit of the AIDs hospital in Transkei South Africa about to die, I have. Talk to the people volunteering there who gave up everything to dedicate their lives to that. See the kids there that already have AIDs, 8 years old with a very early death sentence playing with each other and laughing. They have "God is Love" painted on the wall of that place. The spirit of Jesus lives.

The spirit of God is everywhere, no need for blind faith, only need to to open up your heart.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

]

I believe in one God of Love too. Allah is just a word, just like the word God, that's all there is too it.

" I guess we will find out who is wrong and who is right when we die yeah? As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. In the end someone is going to be right and someone is going to be wrong, and it's going to suck for the losers."

OK, well I just told you I am getting in Arabic "God willing" tattooed on my back because it's like the Our Father that says "Thy will be done" I do a lot of volunteer work and my dream is open a non-profit organisation to help out my friends in Mozambique. When I say Allah, I mean God, or the Creator, or The Source, or the Great Spirit, or The Buddah, WHATEVER you want to call it.

I let my heart guide me, and if that means I am a "loser" and I will burn in hell forever. Fine. As Tupac said, "only God can judge me"

I don't believe in preaching hell. I'm a missionary baptist not a southern baptist or pentecostal. They preach about hellfire and damnation. I'd rather preach about God's love and how he has given mankind his gift of salvation through Jesus the Christ. You bring more souls to Christ to get saved by preaching about his love versus "the wrath of God". When the bible speaks about "fearing the Lord your God" it doesn't mean to literally fear him it means to revere him. You truly cannot love someone or even God himself if you fear them or Him. God wants your love, not your fear. He wanted the Adam to love him so much he gave him free will and after he fell God loved him so much to keep inventing ways to save his friend, first by the Mosaic laws and when those no longer worked he provided us with Yeshua ha Meshiach to seal us to him forever, all we have to do is believe.

The simplest thing in all the world to do is believe, yet believing is also the hardest thing in the world to do for some are too afraid to step out on faith and dare to believe what they cannot see without their eyes and some flat out refuse to believe. It is those who are truly the infidel. Maybe the word for God is Allah in arabic, so be it. Ultimately i know who i want to be with and who i want to worship for eternity. I want to dwell in the house my my Lord and King, and i would be happy even being his footstool!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Christianity is just another screwed up man made religion trying to control the people. This question just proves how screwed up it is.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I don't believe in preaching hell. I'm a missionary baptist not a southern baptist or pentecostal. They preach about hellfire and damnation. I'd rather preach about God's love and how he has given mankind his gift of salvation through Jesus the Christ. You bring more souls to Christ to get saved by preaching about his love versus "the wrath of God". When the bible speaks about "fearing the Lord your God" it doesn't mean to literally fear him it means to revere him. You truly cannot love someone or even God himself if you fear them or Him. God wants your love, not your fear. He wanted the Adam to love him so much he gave him free will and after he fell God loved him so much to keep inventing ways to save his friend, first by the Mosaic laws and when those no longer worked he provided us with Yeshua ha Meshiach to seal us to him forever, all we have to do is believe. The simplest thing in all the world to do is believe, yet believing is also the hardest thing in the world to do for some are too afraid to step out on faith and dare to believe what they cannot see without their eyes and some flat out refuse to believe. It is those who are truly the infidel. Maybe the word for God is Allah in arabic, so be it. Ultimately i know who i want to be with and who i want to worship for eternity. I want to dwell in the house my my Lord and King, and i would be happy even being his footstool!

Well I agree with you from the most part. I think we both have our hearts in the right place we just see things from a little different perspectives. I spent a month in Morocco which is a Muslim country so I know many there have there hearts and faith in the right place, they just grew up with different customs and traditions, and that changed my perspective a bit.

Did you know Jesus is in the Qu'ran? en.wikipedia.org...

I am not pushing Islam, I am just saying there is more shared between Christianity and Islam than most people are aware of.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Matthew 27 "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" Psalms 22 1. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, Psalms 22 31. They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this. The Rabbi was quoting scripture,

and those that knew. understood

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? 2O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent

So, he quotes a psalm, so what ? His question is his question remains the same he is making his plea to Yahweh

31They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

This is directly referring to Yahweh you proceed it to suit your argument and try to make it look as though it is referring to jesus

Before you even try you can't introduce -

30A seed shall serve him;
and i,ply this is referring to jesus as there is plainly a fixed time period precluding it -

30A seed shall serve him;

and those that knew. understood

Although this claim has already been precluded with correct quoting of psalms we can still go far to refute the claim by observing who was actually at the crucifixion that would "know and understand" ?

That's a tricky one isn't it ? As you know, the bibles contradict themselves on the events taking place around the crucifixion (and many other events come to think of it) to know who jesus was talking to if indeed he was talking to anyone other then Eloi (Mark) /Eli (Matthew) .

Come to think of it the gospels are so unreliable I'm surprised you just didn't do what other xtians do which is spout on about it's all a matter of faith rather than engage in trying to prove your book of myths as a factual recording of events that probably didn't take place.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Philippians has alot to say about the deity of Jesus. It all boils down to faith. We christians know what we have been taught and we know how to seek his face and hear his words in our hearts. Do any of you honestly believe we would or could die for something that is a lie? Jesus gave us the greatest gift of salvation, and so we give him our greatest gift of love and adoration. We are not afraid to be martyred if God calls on us to die then so we shall and we shall do it without retaliation.

How many of you can claim that you would sacrifice your life to save the life of another? How many of you can say that you would have the strength to allow your children to grow up without their fathers or mothers to save another person? Those of us who are the true christians can and we have and we still do and ever we shall do until such a time as our Lord returns to us. When Apostle Stephen was being stoned to death after confronting the pharisees that crucified Jesus, Jesus revealed himself to Stephen as he lay dying and he died in peace while Saul of Tarsus watched in his youngmanhood. Jesus reveals himself to his believers. He revealed himself to me even though i did not see him he revealed to me his nature. You can believe me or not, that is your choice, but he revealed to me who he really is...our creator, the one we know as Yahweh.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

If we christians are soooo dangerous,then you should be afraid
of me and my fellow christians!
A lot of us are...Bible reading,gun toting,flag waving patriots.
We call G-d our Heavenly Father,not allah.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join