Why Christians don't call their creator Allah ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Why don't the abrahamitic followers call him by his real name, Satan?

*dons flamesuit*

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Allah is not God.

Allah was one of many deities worshiped at the Kabbah in pre-Islamic Arabia.

It was Mohammed's prime deception; the false linking of Allah with God.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Per the Muslim who roomed with me more than a year as well as other sources . . .

It is the name of a demonic moon god.

Muhammad was intent on conquest and enrichment. He had many 'spiritual' experiences with 'jin's' which he rightly construed to be demonic.

However, his family encouraged him to form a new religion as a better, surer, more effective way to conquer and become rich. He was convinced and happened to choose the local demonic moon god deity named Allah.

No way would Jesus or THE FATHER tolerate such a label.

An enemy speaks in his native tongue my friend. What Mohammad did was take the torah and Christ's teachings and put them in a way his people would understand them.

This is a service to God, to Judaism, and to Jesus.

You do not know the Idolatry that Muhammad was up against in doing this. What he did was right and good.

What some followers of Islam are doing with that teaching is a different story.

There is One God with many names.

God knows the voices of his children and his children know him by name, what ever that name may be.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Taz2122

I see you put the suit on fast
I wouldnt go that far as Lord ENLIL was one of our fathers here and also assisted in the genetic development of humans. Wild post
YOU gotta learn to love them BOTH to see who you REALLY are..
edit on 11/28/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The name Allah comes from the name of the pre-islamic god called al-ilah (moon-god hence the islam half crescent moon symbol) whose name was originally Sin of Sinai who had sex with the sun goddess and had 2 daughters from the zoarastrian religion that was predominant in the middleast specifically in Iran/Iraq it was the persian religion.

Muhammad merely shortened the name to Allah and then omitted the daughter goddesses because it didn't fit with his doctrines of subjugating women and treating them less than animals. If he had kept the worship of the daughter goddesses he wouldn't have been able to claim Allah was the One True God and it would have made women equals to men (which he really didn't care for)

No Allah is not the same God as the jews and christians YHWH. It may mean the word "God" in arabic, but if you asked any other religion who "God" was they'd say either the Hindu Vishnu or the chinese/mandarin Shang'di or the Mayan Quetz'lquatl and of the older religions like Sumerian Anu or Babylonian Ahuramazda. These gods are intrinsically different, yet similar in nature because they are the "creator" gods of each religion.
edit on 28-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

Originally posted by IAMIAM
reply to post by samsamm9

Not everyone can stream video my friend. Please do not use video to reply without stating what point the video is making. I am curious as to what your point was.

With Love,

Your Brother

I'm sorry.

It is about the book of James being left out by Christian leaders, mainly because he is being described as their Master but not divine. A human blessed by god. it is the teachings of Jesus and not about Jesus....

Interesting video to watch if ever you got the chance.

I did watch the video my friend, and remarkably, it concurs with what I have been saying on this forum.

Not that I learned it from a video or book, but because it came from within as my own understanding.

My request was for those who cannot stream video. I don't like to leave anyone out ya know.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
"If Jesus(PBUH) called his god "Allah", then why would "Christians" use other words when talking to or about
their Creator? "

Some Christians do use the word "Allah" for the creator.

It depends on the language you use, the culture and what region of the world you are in.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Al-ilah (aka Allah) was the god of the Moon. Hence, the Muslims believe in one god, the god of the moon.

This Al-ilah thing you talk about may be textually similar to Allah, but I'm sure no Muslim would say their God is the God of just the moon, Allah refers to the Creator, the same one in Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, etc. When they say Allah, it means the same as the English word for "God". That's just a fact.

Anyway....

I S&F this. Many people think Allah is a word exclusive to Islam, when really it is Just another word for God, even if you use it in a Christian context. I wasn't aware Jesus use that word too. Too bad we don't still, some people afraid of Islam probably wouldn't be if both religions called God: Allah. Oh well, no biggie. God is God.

Oh, OP, some non-musilims do use Allah. Ironically, for Christmas I am getting insh'allah tattooed in my back but in Arabic because my trip to Morroco inspired me to get it, not because of the Islamic religion. إنشالله

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueBanshee
"If Jesus(PBUH) called his god "Allah", then why would "Christians" use other words when talking to or about
their Creator? "

It depends on the language you use, the culture and what region of the world you are in.

Lolwut? No "christian" would ever call the Lord Allah. Our Lord is Jesus the Christ, the Lord of All, the Son of God, the Son of Man. Jesus was equal to the Father in power and in nature and it as through Jesus that the earth and the heavens were created.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

their Creator? "

Lolwut? No "christian" would ever call the Lord Allah. Our Lord is Jesus the Christ, the Lord of All, the Son of God, the Son of Man. Jesus was equal to the Father in power and in nature and it as through Jesus that the earth and the heavens were created.

Have you ever actually been to the Middle East, Africa, or any place where the language is primarily Arabic and spoken with a Christian there?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I think you are misunderstanding the the OP. He is not saying that Jesus was a Muslim or anything else like that. Simply put if you translated Gods name into Aramaic or Arabic it comes out Allah just like if you translated the bible in to Mandarin they don't say god the say the Chinese equivalent.

Any what does it matter? a name is a name and God has hundreds.

The reason I think the modern Christians don't call God Allah is one the New Testament was written poorly in Greek not Aramaic. And 2... the whole Crusade deal put a damper on the western views on the middle east and Islam that is still felt today. With modern prejudices against anything Islam or middle eastern you will never convince anyone to call God Allah no matter what proof you give them.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

You're a muslim posting deceptions in an effort to spread Islam.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by CREAM

You're a muslim posting deceptions in an effort to spread Islam.

Seriously? Troll much?

This is a thread about historical facts and there root in old languages... No conspiracy here dude. Thats the kinda mindlessness that makes other countries hate the US or what ever western country you are from. As a Christian do you not openly love and accept all people regardless of their differences. If your an atheist or something else why does a conversation about religion concern you?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

"With modern prejudices against anything Islam or middle eastern you will never convince anyone to call God Allah no matter what proof you give them."

The prejudices against Islam are anything but modern. They stretch all the way back to the invention of Islam by its warlord leader Mohammed. The violence he visited upon his rivals was extreme. And were Islam ascends one invariably finds misery and suffering.

And people will not call God Allah because Allah is not God. Allah is the deity worshiped by adherents to Islam. And any extension from there is deception.

edit on 28-11-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

This Al-ilah thing you talk about may be textually similar to Allah, but I'm sure no Muslim would say their God is the God of just the moon, Allah refers to the Creator, the same one in Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, etc. When they say Allah, it means the same as the English word for "God". That's just a fact.

I'm sorry, but thats just not true. Allah is al-ilah (the i in ilah is capitol so it looks like Allah with two lower case L's but it is not). These creator gods are not the same in any fashio or way. The Christian God is a God of love, who sent his only begotten Son into this world to save his greatest creation Man because he loved his creation so much. Allah has no Son, so you see? The two are not the same.

I have often wondered wether or not there are actually 2 Gods because the Old Testament and New Testament God talks to himself quite alot and talks as if he is talking to someone else with him. It is the same in the book of Revelation. Perhaps the Almighty and the Lord are not the same 2 Gods? I always wondered if "the Almighty" and the Lord were actually the Father and the Son. This is probably part of the confusion on why the muslims get confuse don how Jesus could be God.

The most contemporary christian theology is that there is only 1 God but that he has 3 aspects to him, the Father (soul) the Son (the physical vessel, Jesus) and the Spirit (Holy Spirit) in what was coined by the Roman Catholic Church as the"Trinity", not 1 of 3 Gods but 3 in one, this is also based on where man is created in God's image of Father Son and Holy Spirit (because we too have 3 parts to us). This belief relies heavily on Isaiah's prophecies and a few psalms with the books of the new testament thrown in.

I guess we will find out who is wrong and who is right when we die yeah? As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. In the end someone is going to be right and someone is going to be wrong, and it's going to suck for the losers.
edit on 28-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Your historical understanding of Islam is inadequate.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A tad of fairy tell...that is religion. Sorry, but there is no such thing as "Allah" or "god", those words are the product of weak and feeble minds.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ok, so here is a topic I started, a while back

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mohammed was not a historical person but a concoction after the fact based on a misreading of slogans used by the Jewish/Christian sects that gave rise to Islam. His discussions of the inscriptions of the Dome of the Rock and the claim that Abd al-Malik and a radical interpretation of the ruler Abd al-Malik:

In defining a unitary creed for Arab Christianity, 'Abd al-Malik seems to have reached back to this early Syriac tradition of Jesus as a plain human prophet and used it to oppose the Trinitarian approach of Hellenistic Christianity. In the "Praise Jesus" motto he put on his coins and in his great building, the Dome of the Rock at Jerusalem, he referred to Jesus, the revisionists say, as the "messenger of God."

Thus in Arabic, 'Abd al-Malik's unifying motto about Jesus was rendered as muhammadun rasul allah -- 'The messenger of God is to be praised." Muhammadun is a gerundive, meaning "one who should be praised." rasul is "messenger" and allah is "God."

To anyone with a passing knowledge of Islam, this is a central phrase of the faith and has an entirely different meaning -- "Muhammad is the messenger of God."

What proof is there that 'Abd al-Malik meant rasul allah to refer to Jesus? The proof, say the revisionists, is unambiguous and is provided by the inscriptions that 'Abd al-Malik had written inside the Dome of the Rock, "Allahum salli ala rasulika wa 'abdika isa ibn maryam -- God bless your messenger and servant, Jesus son of Mary" states the text on the inner northwest-north face of the octogaonal arcade. The inner, east-southeast face includes the words, "Inma I-masih isa ibn maryam rasulu llah -- For the Messaiah Jesus, son of Mary, is the messenger of God."

ryviewpoint.blogspot.com...

Still I haven't read this book, but I can't shake the questions.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I am interested because Islam has deceived so many through this false linking of Allah with God.

It has allowed The House of Islam is engage in violence for one deity (Allah) while placing the blame for this violence on another deity (God). Vast amounts of damage have been done by Allah in the name of God.

I am also interested because Islam is a violent, retrograde culture that enshrines the lowest of the low. It is incompatible with Western Civilization.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

their Creator? "

Have you ever actually been to the Middle East, Africa, or any place where the language is primarily Arabic and spoken with a Christian there?

With Love,

Your Brother

Doesn't really matter. I'm not going to call God Allah. I will call him "the Lord" or Yahweh or Jesus the Christ or even his jewish name Yeshua ha Meshiach or Yehoshua. Maybe the word is relative to the region but if you call God Allah then you are referring to a different God. I am not going to bow down to some demon named al-ilah, i will never worship one of the fallen.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

And people will not call God Allah because Allah is not God. Allah is the deity worshiped by adherents to Islam. And any extension from there is deception.

Its not a deception. Its a linguistics fact. Find some one to translate it for you or use google translator. English to Aramaic/Arabic God = Allah Aramaic/Arabic to English Allah = God. its nothing else. You are letting your prejudices clouding your judgement of pure facts.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join