It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians don't call their creator Allah ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If Jesus(PBUH) called his god "Allah", then why would "Christians" use other words when talking to or about
their Creator?

I know religion can be an explosive subject here on ATS, but please keep it civilized...

What do you think ?

Even Jesus said Allah. According to an Aramaic dictionary, ( www.pe.../lexicon/ ) the word for God in Aramaic (The language which Jesus spoke) is "Aalah", which is the exact same thing as the Arabic "Allah" since in English there are many ways to spell a foreign word (Example you can spell the Muhammad's name in 27 ways, including Muhammad and Mohamed). Just visit the link and type "God" if you don't believe me, then scroll down to "Pronunciation"

So Christians, if your god Jesus said "Allah", it means the Muslims are using the correct word for the creator!

The word Allah is better than the word God and is purer since God can be pluralised (gods) and genderised (goddess), the word Allah is more suitable for being HIS name because it CANNOT be genderised nor pluralised (in Arabic) since it is genderless and single, an example in English would be the planet Mars, it is genderless (you cannot say Marsa or whatever it would be if it could be genderised) and it is unpluralisable (you cannot say Marses), it simply wouldn't make sense to genderise or pluralise this planet, the same goes for Allah (الله) in Arabic, so in essence IT IS SUPERIOR to the word God.

Lets not forget that Arab Christians, and Jews (as is the case in this video) say Allah, and have been saying it before there were even any western Christians!

Jesus said Allah too, so if you consider yourself a serious Christian you should start saying it to follow your god Jesus. So please, open your brains a little, it's good for you.

Now to see what different prophets called God.

Abraham PBUH called him El shaddai

Moses PBUH called him Elohim (see Genesis)

Jesus PBUH called him Allah

Muhammad PBUH called him Allah

Two prophets called him Allah, and they are the most known of prophets, Muhammad and Jesus peace be upon them. Nonetheless all of these are Semitic words, so as far as I am concerned, any Semitic word for God is acceptable, but why use a European word for Allah when not a single prophet used a European word?

Also, did you notice something? All of these words for Allah begin with either EL or AL, this is because in proto-Semitic (an ancient language which all Semitic languages, such as Arabic and Hebrew, evolved from) the word for God was AL or EL, Abraham PBUH spoke proto-Semitic and he called God "El shaddai", "El" here meaning God and "shaddai" meaning mountain, so basically he called God "God of the mountain".

The Semetic languages evolved in a way that they retain the word AL/EL at the beginning of the word, but there is an additional "lah" in Arabic and an additional "lohim" in Hebrew, I hope this clarifies

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What's in a name?

If Aalah is God in Aramaic, then either way should be appropriate. Any name ascribed to God in the Abrahamic religions essentially means the same thing (except for certain characteristics of God, the nature of God remains the same) no matter what name he is called.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
If Jesus(PBUH) called his god "Allah", then why would "Christians" use other words when talking to or about
their Creator?

There aren't many Christians that speak Aramaic. The religion itself values greatly the ability to translate speech into other languages and speak to diverse populations, so there's no special value attached to Aramaic.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
In all respects for the MANY* Global religions 1 can see Allah as the name of the Father of Jesus Christ and Buddah, Mahdi, being like his siblilngs as well asothe rnon mentions. Thing is its not hard to believe when you keep in mind that Judaisim - Christianity - Islam are ALL Abramic faiths or come from 1 overall influence from the Annunaki influence on Abraham or from LORD ENLILS influence on Abraham. Interesting Point. Also Allah to me means Father or GOD or CREATOR, so its not a name tome as much as its a label..

NAMASTE*******

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Because our God is Jesus, the promised Immanuel (God in person). We would call him Immanuel before we would ever call him Allah.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I also dont think many what are considered Christians give the MOST HIGHEST A NAME?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

their Creator?

There aren't many Christians that speak Aramaic. The religion itself values greatly the ability to translate speech into other languages and speak to diverse populations, so there's no special value attached to Aramaic.

Aramaic is a dead language, you mean arabic.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I am not sure Jesus called god Allah.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

their Creator?

The reason is because in the "Christian" understanding, Jesus the man is God. This is due to the Roman practice of having a man be the physical representation of God on earth. For example, Constantine was the embodiment of Apollo on earth. The advantage of having Jesus be this embodiment is that he was already dead. Thus he cannot be destroyed again. This leaves the Papacy the ability to be the spokesman for Jesus on earth, which is what they claim.

To those who have read and understand what Christ was teaching, Christ lives on in us. We do not look to the Papacy as the spokesman, WE are our own spokesman.

I am saying we, but I may mean me, for I do not know many who would make such a bold claim and back it up with their life.

With Love,

Your Brother

P.S. Allah is just a word. It is the understanding behind the word that matters. Allah is one. God is one. My father is one, and I am one with him.
edit on 28-11-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

No, I mean Aramaic. Read the OP again.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

their Creator?

The reason is because in the "Christian" understanding, Jesus the man is God. This is due to the Roman practice of having a man be the physical representation of God on earth. For example, Constantine was the embodiment of Apollo on earth. The advantage of having Jesus be this embodiment is that he was already dead. Thus he cannot be destroyed again. This leaves the Papacy the ability to be the spokesman for Jesus on earth, which is what they claim.

To those who have read and understand what Christ was teaching, Christ lives on in us. We do not look to the Papacy as the spokesman, WE are our own spokesman.

I am saying we, but I may mean me, for I do not know many who would make such a bold claim and back it up with their life.

With Love,

Your Brother

Please watch Brother

edit on 28-11-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'll put it to you this way, there are so many passages and chapters dedicated to the nature of God and how he is linked to actually being Jesus the Christ.

Phillipians 2:1-11) 1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father

John 1:1 "in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God"

Who is Jesus Christ? He is the Living Word, the physical incarnation of God whom created the world.

Hebrews 1:8a, 10-12 “But about the Son he says… ‘In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end.’

Psalm 102:24-27 “‘O my God,’ I say, ‘take me not hence in the midst of my days, thou whose years endure throughout all generations!’ Of old thou didst lay the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They will perish, but thou dost endure; they will all wear out like a garment. Thou changest them like raiment, and they pass away; but thou art the same, and thy years have no end.”

Here's the link:
www.abrahamic-faith.com...

Another link to Jesus Christ being God linked to the book of John:

www.gci.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Not everyone can stream video my friend. Please do not use video to reply without stating what point the video is making. I am curious as to what your point was.

With Love,

Your Brother

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Allah is not God.

Allah was one of many deities worshiped at the Kabbah in pre-Islamic Arabia.

It was Mohammed's prime deception; the false linking of Allah with God.

edit on 28-11-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

Islam is NOT related to Christianity or Judaism.

Islam worships the Allah deity better known Baal the Moon God. Islam does not worship the god of the Bible.

Islam is NOT an an "abrahamic" faith. Islam was invented by Mohammed after begin rejected by the Jews and Christians in pre-Islamic Arabia.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You may find this thread interesting as a side to your discussion my friend.

It is Finished

With Love,

Your Brother

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Allah is not God.

Allah was one of many deities worshiped at the Kabbah in pre-Islamic Arabia.

It was Mohammed's prime deception; the false linking of Allah with God.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Per the Muslim who roomed with me more than a year as well as other sources . . .

It is the name of a demonic moon god.

Muhammad was intent on conquest and enrichment. He had many 'spiritual' experiences with 'jin's' which he rightly construed to be demonic.

However, his family encouraged him to form a new religion as a better, surer, more effective way to conquer and become rich. He was convinced and happened to choose the local demonic moon god deity named Allah.

No way would Jesus or THE FATHER tolerate such a label.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

So, some people believe that there is an invisible man that lives in the sky and not only do they also believe that this invisible man created all there is and was or will ever be, but they also mostly claim that this invisible man speaks to them.

Alas, the invisible man that lives in the sky refuses to tell his devotees what his name is !

Logic would dictate that either the invisible man that lives in the sky doesn't give a fig what he is called or the likes of Christians, jews and Muslims are completely deluded.

Given the complete lack of evidence for the existence of said invisible man that lives in the sky it would be fair to say that he is likely to be completely imaginary existing but in the minds of some very idiotic deluded and by proxy dangerous people.

link   
Al-ilah (aka Allah) was the god of the Moon. Hence, the Muslims believe in one god, the god of the moon.

Christians in America call Him God, or Jesus. We don't use Arabic terms.

Perhaps your argument should be with Jews for Jesus.

link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Not everyone can stream video my friend. Please do not use video to reply without stating what point the video is making. I am curious as to what your point was.

With Love,

Your Brother

I'm sorry.

It is about the book of James being left out by Christian leaders, mainly because he is being described as their Master but not divine. A human blessed by god. it is the teachings of Jesus and not about Jesus....

Interesting video to watch if ever you got the chance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join