It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Disabled' wedding dance man jailed for benefit fraud

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

'Disabled' wedding dance man jailed for benefit fraud

www.bbc.co.uk

was filmed dancing at a wedding has been jailed.

Mohamed Bouzalim, 37, cheated the authorities out of nearly £400,000, Isleworth Crown Court heard.

He will serve nearly seven years for 11 counts of deception, fraud and assisting illegal entry into the UK.

The court heard he had also falsely claimed asylum saying he was an Afghan who had been tortured by the Taliban when in fact he was from Morocco.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
An amazing example of the audacity of the criminal immigrants and the abject failure of Camden Council workers who are blind to reality due to tunnel-vision political correctness.

Hopefully he and those he brought into the country to defraud the British tax payers will be deported and banned from ever entering the country again. More likely his human rights to cheat the system will ensure he remains in the UK and goes straight back into the benefits system when he gets his early release from prison.

One must wonder why he went through all those safe haven countries to settle in the UK if all he sought was asylum and we can only guess how many more asylum seekers are pulling the same scam.

Only in the UK!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Thats absolutely terrible. This poor man has been jailed after his wedding, I wonder how his poor bride is feeling and his family oh dear oh dear the authorities will do anything to lock away innocent refugees nowadays.Everyone is a terrorist. None of us own our countries, everyone should be entitled to go wherever they please. Hopefully people will get behind this man and help his cause.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Why's it remotely relevant that he is an immigrant ? It's hardly a rarity to hear about a British born person committing benefit fraud as well.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

It is relevant due to the fact that he also lied to get into the country and is not an immigrant but an illegal immigrant, as such he should be deported as soon as he is released from prison.

It is true that there are also a lot of nationals that are also abusing the system and I hope each one of the freeloading scum that can't be bothered to get off their rear end to contribute to society gets dealt with in the proper manner.

The main issue is having a system that can be so easily abused, stricter checks need to be enforced for those who are claiming benefits ensuring that ,while those who are actually entitled to them may have to go through more paperwork / verification, it may actually weed out the parasites.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Why's it remotely relevant that he is an immigrant ?

Because those who assessed him no doubt treated him leniently and trusted his word because he was an immigrant.

It's hardly a rarity to hear about a British born person committing benefit fraud as well.

Sure they do but rarely to this extent. They, too, should be imprisoned and denied any future access to the benefits system or National Health hospitals, dentists, doctors, state pensions etc.

We have enough home grown criminals. We certainly don't want to import the crooks from other countries.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Why's it remotely relevant that he is an immigrant ?

Because those who assessed him no doubt treated him leniently and trusted his word because he was an immigrant.

This does seem to be a presumption on your part. Perhaps he received no more scrutiny than any other immigrant, and therefore the problem is a systemic disregard for abuse.

But your framing of the issue seems to call forward the inference that this abuse is an "immigrant" matter.

That may be the case since you proceed to respond to the comment about it hardly being a rarity to hear about a British born person committing benefit fraud as well...:

Sure they do but rarely to this extent. They, too, should be imprisoned and denied any future access to the benefits system or National Health hospitals, dentists, doctors, state pensions etc.

I have to wonder if you have any concrete data upon which to base that statement. I suspect that the 'level' of offense has not only been matched but exceeded and not "rarely" as you may think. Further, those citizens who have yielded to the temptation to get more than their allotted share of support from the government, then been caught and punished, are not forever banned from the support system.... or am I mistaken?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
He claimed he couldn't walk.
Let's see if he can swim (the channel)
Since the state can never recover the funds lost on him and his relatives I say put his execution on pay-per-view.
Sure, it's excessive but I would bet it would greatly discourage others from doing the same.
Or maybe you can take it out of the accounts of the government morons who made a system so easy to manipulate.

If it sounds like I have a chip on my shoulder I do.
I've been disabled for 4 years and receive a whopping $890 a month.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
^^

Typical liberal responses to a real and legitimate issue that's plaguing the entire world. All these illegal immigrants that suck up as much as possible from the government should all be relocated to a deserted island in the middle of the ocean and just kill each other. Take this political correctedness BS somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
It is relevant due to the fact that he also lied to get into the country and is not an immigrant but an illegal immigrant, as such he should be deported as soon as he is released from prison.

That may the facts of this case, but I fail to see why his immigration status is being used as an extra stick to beat him with, when what he did is equally as bad as if a native born British person also defrauds the taxpayer by lying and claiming benefits which they are not entitled to.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I think there is a considerable deal of doubt in what you're asserting.

Sure they do but rarely to this extent

Nonsense. There are always stories on the news about people falsely claiming DLA, and then being reported/spotted carrying out an activity which shouldn't be possible if their claim was valid.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Again, I fail to see how a fraud's immigration status is relevant.

In what way is a Moroccan ( posing as an Afghan ) falsely claiming benefits any worse than a native British person doing the same ?

If anything, I'd say that a born and bred British person defrauding his compatriots is marginally worse, considering the fact that it could reasonably be expected that he should possess some shred of loyalty towards his country.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yup I play golf with a pal who works for the fraud side of the DLA and once we were waiting to tee off and the group in front had one fella who my pal saw and took photo's of him playing golf, I asked him why he is doing it and my mate told me the fella came into his office in a wheelchair claiming he couldn't walk lol
But yeah it happens and when found out they are made to pay it back.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

exactly - the case that really made my blood boil was this idiot convicted of disability benefit faud after beeing filed runing in a 10K road race

i am currently dependant on disability befefits - and his case ` broke ` the very month that i lost the appeal against having my entiltlement defraded from medium to low the guy running marathon races was getting high tarrif benefits

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

In what way is a Moroccan ( posing as an Afghan ) falsely claiming benefits any worse than a native British person doing the same ?

It isn't necessarily worse but it is relevant because it is an adding to a problem we already have. The offender is an illegal immigrant who entered the country with the intention of committing crime. He has encouraged others to enter the country commit to the same crime. The amount of money he has stolen is excessive in comparison to general benefit fraud and it is my opinion that cheating the system was made easier for him due to his falsely claimed origins..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If anything, I'd say that a born and bred British person defrauding his compatriots is marginally worse, considering the fact that it could reasonably be expected that he should possess some shred of loyalty towards his country.

I fail to see where i ever mentioned his immigration status.
I don't care where he's from.
Anyone abusing the system should be punished. Harshly.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
He claimed he couldn't walk.
Let's see if he can swim (the channel)
Since the state can never recover the funds lost on him and his relatives I say put his execution on pay-per-view.
Sure, it's excessive but I would bet it would greatly discourage others from doing the same.
Or maybe you can take it out of the accounts of the government morons who made a system so easy to manipulate.

If it sounds like I have a chip on my shoulder I do.
I've been disabled for 4 years and receive a whopping $890 a month.

Did you seriously just suggest he be executed? Sure he should be punished and deported if illegal but kill him because he commited fraud? I would hate to be in the US and get sent to death because the judge had a "chip on his shoulder". Ignore me if you were not being serious but the rest of your post seemed like a serious post.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
An additional factor is of course that this all part of cultural jihad - bleeding the system dry by a thousand cuts.

In any event the scale of welfare fraud in Britain is colossal, and encouraged by the left as a way to bring the system down, wealth redistribution, social justice etc etc............www.xymalf.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

As a properly "processed" immigrant his status would not matter as he would be entitled to the benefits system and that is fair enough.

The reason this has been pointed out in the article is the fact that he was an illegal immigrant so not even entitled to the system that he defrauded! That is why the "extra stick" has been involved and I hope in this case that they throw the book at him!

As I stated I take this standpoint against anyone who attempts to defraud the system that all of us have paid into for many many years, the fact however that he was not even entitled to use the system in the first place raises huge questions as to how he was able to get away with it!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

I was just blowing off steam there Owen.
Sorry if I sounded too serious about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join