It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffee shortage just declared!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I was watching CNN news this morning and they had a story about the world coffee situation. Apparently, due to catastrophic flooding the world is about to hit a major COFFEE SHORTAGE!

For anyone that has ever read George Orwell's "1984" all I can say i this..... This is how it begins....

They said this very well may be a long term thing so for you coffee lovers, GET STOCKED UP!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
noooooooooooooooooo........ wait
nevermind i'll drink tea instead.
imagine a year without coffee. it will suck. i'll miss the taste more than the caffine.

coffee gormet lovers

espresso coffee guide
edit on 28/11/2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If that's true, it really sucks. I'm a caffeine addict but I can't afford to "stock up". It's expensive enough as it is.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ugh.

First hard drives now coffee. Coffee has already gone up a couple bucks per pound over the last year too.

Sadly, I'll be one of those schmucks paying $40 for a pound of coffee because I can't imagine life without it. I wake up SUPER early most days and without my morning coffee the day just feels wrong.

My one true vice, the coffee bean. =(
edit on 28-11-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

No coffee shortages in Australia:

blogs.abc.net.au...

The USA; they blame it on the weather, I blame it on over production of the land and weather:

www.gourmetcoffeelovers.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Thankfully there are no shortages of 5-hour energy drinks and the like.

Amazing the prices people are willing to pay for these drinks too, coffee aside.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

This is sooo scary. As I sit here and drink my coffee, I contemplate running to the store to stock up for the rest of the year 2012.....So...It BEGINS...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thank goodness we going into summer here otherwise I would have to start popping caffeine pills

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I am just listening the Weather channel talking about the coffee shortages, this means higher prices on coffee to the consumer, so now who said that we are not facing inflation?, the problem is that we are going to pay more for many things this days with the tag of shortage.

I guess is time for me to get away from coffee, been a coffee drinker since childhood as I come from a coffee producing country, or was a coffee producing Island, now the coffee is only local.

I am not going to support the incoming gouging on peanut butter, rice and now coffee, let no forget how many other goods are also been put on the list of "endangerment" by shortages.

edit on 28-11-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm buying chickory futures today!!

link   

Here is a link to the 2011 coffee shortages and increases in prices.

www.espressocoffeeguide.com...

link   
Well thank gawd we'll have Monsanto to the rescue real soon. They'll be able to genetically grow anything in the greenhouse (especially zero-nutritional cancer-causing foods)! Isn't technology grand?

So I say:
Chemtrails, continue to modify our weather!
Political leaders and liars: Bring on global warming.
HAARP: Keep creating those earthquakes!
We got Monsanto on our side.

[end sarcasm]

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Coffee is my thing too. I will try to stock up a bit but am so picky, even though I am on a budget I still buy the more expensive type.

If this is true and not just a ruse to get people to buy more coffee... then looking at the alternatives like chickory to grow would be a good idea.

Back during the first depression my grandparents would make their coffee go further with the alternatives, and at times only have drinks like chickory to drink but they survived.

Cant think of the other drinks like coffee does anyone else remember or know?

We do have tons of herb teas, barks, roots, flowers and such to drinnk in a pinch but ohhh it just tastes soooo good!

I LOVE COFFEE

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Good maybe all those a holes who go to Tim Horton's every morning will stop being a holes because they won't be able to buy their coffee anymore.

I'm so sick of going to that place. Having people yell at you or give you the finger. People trying to start fights with you because they almost ran you down with their car in a Tim's parking lot. People who are lazy dicks and have to line up on the highway because the drive thru lineup is long and they are too lazy to get out of their car.

Good

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

You know PR still produces coffee, they also sell over seas as gourmet, the local production is a lot cheaper, perhaps you can find somebody to send you coffee from PR, after all it is part of the US.

My parents back home only drink local coffee they can buy it cheap, but if you try to look for any PR web page that sells coffee you going to find out that is every expensive, but not for the locals.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

No coffee shortages in Australia:

blogs.abc.net.au...

The USA; they blame it on the weather, I blame it on over production of the land and weather:

www.gourmetcoffeelovers.com...

They blame everything on the weather here, never mind that in most of the country you can't grow coffee anyway.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Here is Puertorrican side that have all the coffees sold in the Island, prices for some are very high, but for others that are more of the local preferences the prices are ok.

My parents drink Cafe crema and Yaucono. This are actually the best tasting coffees and they have been for decades.

www.puertoricocoffeeshop.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......

I am going to be sad.

I have a year of early morning classes coming up..

grrr.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This is an opportunity for the Third World Hispanic countries that supply coffee beans to become First World countries. Unless they get ripped off..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The New York Puerto Ricans are gonna be pissed, no more Cafe Bustelo for them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join