It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contaminated Train UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This morning my girlfriend was at the train station in Kidderminster awaiting to board a train to Worcester at 09:50am, when she arrived all trains were cancelled.

ojp.nationalrail.co.uk...

All the way up to 11:50am.

At first on questioning the rail help desk, the reason was that the rail track was slippery, a odd reason, as we are having a quite a mild November with little or no frost.

She waited a further 30 minutes before i called her again to ask the help desk again, whilst waiting, she overheard him on the phone to network rail, and he said something along the lines of the carriage possibly being "contaminated" .

Because he was busy she went back out onto the platform and the announcer said over the speaker, that the delay was due to a broken down carriage.??

So first, slippery track, then contaminated carriage? And now broken down carriage?

There is nothing on the news. I put this here on ATS due to the word contaminated being used.

Contaminated with what??

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
What train isn't contaminated? those things are filthy! a rat would turn it's nose up at travel on a train, they're horrible!

It was probably contaminated with people... horrible things, people. Customer service would be SO MUCH easier if it wasn't for all the customers.

They wouldn't tell the world that the trains are contaminated until they were ordered to do so. It was most likely a new (human engineered) strain of flu virus or something of that ilk.

Walk, catch a taxi, spontainiously grow wings and fly there but avoid public transport whenever possible.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
may be wrong but i think tracks can be 'contaminated' with oil.

that would explain the slippyness too.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Shame i was down that neck of the woods yesterday!! if i didnt need to come home i would be down investigating!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
OMG Train of the Dead

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Its funny the other day when I was on a train, I cant remeber why I started thinking about it (I think I could smell something weird), I started to think what if some chemical was blown into the carriage and I started to see everyone nod off, there would be very little you could do on a train as only the slower ones even have windows.

I think i was just tired and a few people were asleep and I was nearly falling asleep and when I smelt like a tcp smell i thought we could all be getting gassed, but it was my over active mind and I got off the train without being adbucted (I hope)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by godofme

Well it was frosty this morning in Kent I had to defrost my car windscreen for first time this year after a very long spell of extremely mild weather.Therfore I would say it was only slippy tracks caused by overnight frost.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I know our transport systems aren't exactly well-known for coping with the winter but that's just ridiculous if true (frost on tracks)

"Poor Rail Conditions" is the official explanation, though...

www.nationalrail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KnownUnknown

I'm told that the problem with track conditions is not that they stop the trains working, but that they stop the sensors working that are used to track and coordinate trains. If the sensor doesn't pick up where the trains are properly, there's the risk of a train being moved onto a track when it isn't safe or clear to proceed ie a slow or stopped train, or even an oncoming train coming from the other direction that is running late and hasn't cleared the bottleneck by the scheduled time, etc..

Sounds plausible, one supposes.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If the train was contaminated It was probably nothing out of the ordindary... they use all sorts of hazardus chemicals in railyards, even chlorine gas.

top topics

join