It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the west actually justifies terrorism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Wasn’t sure where to put this so mods please move if you need to, although Im pretty sure it’s relevant here.

The actual war on terrorism has been justified by revenge.
So obviously the west already understands how the 'terrorists' feel; even tho they don’t know it.
The fact is that the US has been bombing most of the countries that terrorists now come from for upwards of half a century.
So if you can justify killing their innocent civilians because they did 911, how is it wrong for them to justify 911 because of the fact you bombed their residential area, hospitals, libraries, schools etc for many years.
The US has been responsible for millions of deaths and many of you think that is ok, but it’s wrong for someone to kill a few thousand of yours. I’m not saying its right, but in your logic it certainly is.
How would you feel if for your whole life, many of your friends and family were blown up while sitting in their houses by US bombs? How would you feel if your whole life you lived in constant fear that a bomb could drop on you any second? If someone was bombing America, would you want revenge? If someone was occupying your country would you want to fight for your freedom?

The numbers in this video wouldn’t come close to the real amount of deaths, but it gives you a good idea:

Maybe you hate 'terrorists' so much because you’re trying to hide a hate for your own country.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Apparently they didn't do it for revenge, they did it because they hate freedom and the US way of life

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
While I do not agree with the U.S. involvement in Iraq, I do agree that something HAS to be done about all those countries where women are mistreated and where they have no rights.

Countries that treat women like crap need to be taken care of.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
Apparently they didn't do it for revenge, they did it because they hate freedom and the US way of life
Because your un-American if you dont like blowing up children and drinking their blood.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
There have been a lot of threads recently saying the west this the west that, the east this the east that and blame being attributed to everyone from said groups of people. I would just like to point out that the people that suffer on both sides have nothing to do with the actions of the few. I do not bomb, kill, terrorise or occupy and wish that people would stop using blanket statements and blaming entire populations because of the actions of a few.

We the innocents are the ones that suffer and to say we are to blame is becoming a little irksome to say the least. There have been recent threads saying Britain is going to get what's coming to them and America is going to get what's coming to them, but please remember that 99% of us are innocent of any action. We in the west and those in the east only have the illusion of democracy, we do not put the people that commit these crimes in power its all rigged. Sorry OP for this being in your thread but it was the proverbial straw and I will be posting this in all threads that apportion blame to the 99%

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Countries that treat women like crap need to be taken care of.
Right, so you take care of the country by blowing up the same women? It’s never been about humanitarian issues tho.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamjar

I agree with you, and this thread is not directed at a lot of Americans; but there are many who still support the death and destruction its nation brings to others.
I think that everyone is to blame for a small part because its the people who let them get away with it, and obviously a lot of people have started to realise that now.
Take care.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One

Yep, this single-mindedness is exactly what brings the USA always back to war. "Those who don't fight with us, fight against us!" - there are more shades than just black and white, really!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

We call it patriotism. Or "National Security" & Homeland Security...

The US justifies violence and terrorist acts by using the same logic every nation that's done it uses.

It's an easy formula, and it goes like this:

" Some person used violence or committed an act of terrorism once against us. Now we have the right to retaliate with as much force, if not more (preferably more) until the end of time! (Cue maniacal laughter.)

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Many, including myself , believe that 9/11 was perpetrated by factions inside our own government to usher in the “New American Century” or said in different words the “Fourth Reich”.

A catalyzing event to place controls’ on the population of the US and also to be used to cover imperialistic conquest as justified.

We have seen this scenario played out many times in world history.

Now you can take this to the bank, If the US Government truly believed that terrorist funded and inspired by Osama Bin Laden was responsible for 9/11 the Bin Laden family, the ONLY people to fly on 9/12, would have been arrested and used to “Get” Bin Laden. Our Government did the exact opposite, we Evacuated the entire Bin Laden family to Saudi Arabia without even an interview by the FBI. The US Government is know for using a person of interest family against them, and our law enforcement is known to use any and all methods to achieve it’s goals. So, this whole “terrorist behind every bush” propaganda is just that, a LIE.

Now, what we are doing overseas is “Making Terrorist” out of normal everyday folks.

I don’t blame any of the people that take up arms and resist the US Government INVASION of their Nation. We are only there because of Corporate interest and the pursuit of Profit.

In no way, shape or form is our Military being used to “Protect our Freedoms” it is the exact opposite. The LIE that “They Hate Us Because of our Freedom” is just more propaganda perpetrated on the American people.

The truly sad part is that some Americans actually believe that lie.

The other lie is “We kill them over there, so we don’t have to kill them here”.

I, for one do not believe that someone should receive the death penalty unless the person first commit’s a crime and is PROVEN guilty, in court with a jury.

We are not bombing a Nation that has attacked us, we are not fighting an Army of a Nation, We are killing civilians who are resisting our invasion of there land.

We are the ones that are the aggressors.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamjar

TextThere have been a lot of threads recently saying the west this the west that, the east this the east that and blame being attributed to everyone from said groups of people. I would just like to point out that the people that suffer on both sides have nothing to do with the actions of the few. I do not bomb, kill, terrorise or occupy and wish that people would stop using blanket statements and blaming entire populations because of the actions of a few.

I think when people say "The West" it isnt referering to every individual.But when the US have bipartisan support in the War on Terror you have to wonder about a population that will tolerate a regime like that.When revenge on Bin Laden brings scenes of Americans chanting USA! USA! USA! that are beamed around the globe it looks bad. When Obama gets a rare bump in the polls as a result it looks bad.When the West commits attrocities on non-combatants with collateral murder in massive numbers in many countries since 911,and there is little outrage from western populations it looks very bad. Maybe you should "occupy". Why do we tolerate these things? Are we stupid? Lazy? Or is it that we dont care for the most part because we are used to seeing starving people on television.We all know people all over the place are dying because it isnt profitable to save them.Most of us dont care.So how are we going to care about some kid from Libya or Iraq or Afghanistan or Pakistan? We care about products and wealth no matter the cost. Its easy to ignore these things. Some of us know we live in a psychotic demonic world some dont but mostly we all just care about ourselves when it comes down to it. We cant blame government and the media forever. If you dont "occupy" you are complicit. If you do, you are just being pedantic worrying about a blanket statement. There are more important things to worry about.
edit on 28-11-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

top topics

join