It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate the truth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Whenever you tell the truth, people take offence.

That is why a lot of politicians are liars.

We need the truth, but we shrink from it.

Here are some truths:

All people are liars some of the time.

War-mongers will bring about the end of humanity because we are supposed to support each other.

The truth will set you free, if you can find it.

It seems to me that we are in a world full of lies.

There is so much intelligence suppressed from people. More lies.

Can we trust anyone to tell us the truth?

I think we have to seek our own truth.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
All of this is true...
But most of all, I think, people wouldn't recognise the truth if it came and punched them on the nose...

This is a greater tragedy...

Akushla

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

why would u consider what is always absolutely superior ?

bc at least it is positive constant

ok, so why considering what is always positive?

bc if it is true then it is there objectively so u must consider it really, as first consideration concept right before meaning any else consideration of u

or bc u personally appreciate never deal with negative realms nor concepts

so there u have the reasons why all hate truth,

noone would ever consider smthg just bc it is right, in constant terms of its all considerations, when only what is constant exist

and noone would ever make the efforts alone to stay positive absolutely in relative affiliation in conception terms for its responsability to stay in positive realms

any run for positive use from else if positive can b objective, they call it love as everything and beyond

and noone enjoy positive as constancy, they see death there, freedom to any is principally what itself is superior to all so all negative suit everyone

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Some people have a vested interest in keeping other people in the dark.

They hate the Truth, because it endangers the Status Quo.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Yes, Ertai,

And that includes a lot of politicians and ALL warmongers.

So let's find the truth independently of these people.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

They hate the Truth, because it endangers the Status Quo.

that is a lie, u cannot mister or miss hate the truth for such cheap excuse

truth is beyond all absolutes objective facts constantly seen and having always to deal for wat u want through,

hating truth directly is only from existing if u can b above all truth, which is existence and which is free

so if u can b above absolute existence and absolute freedom, wat to ask better, who would not hate truth then, if it is possible and it is, bc truth is noone, random equation of absolute superiority but that is superior value for sure

who cares

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

and that is how who really hate the truth are absolute free liars ones, so always reversing the status quo

and who love to deal with all in negative absolute terms as nothing that u can destroy objectively any time and change easily

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Because they "can't handle the truth"...

Akushla

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
People fear Truth because in its raw unfiltered form, Truth is rather scary. We like to think those in power have our best interests at heart and are looking out for our future. We like to think we can trust and depend on the average person. We like to think the country that represents us does good, honest things for the international community. But are these things necessarily true?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
People fear Truth because in its raw unfiltered form, Truth is rather scary. We like to think those in power have our best interests at heart and are looking out for our future. We like to think we can trust and depend on the average person. We like to think the country that represents us does good, honest things for the international community. But are these things necessarily true?

Micro-true, or macro-true?

Akushla

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I think we have to seek our own truth.

Which is your answer - it can only be found within yourself.... it makes for a hard life attempting to seek it externally.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

The hard truth is this:

We cannot rely on anyone or anything.

So we have to discover the truth ourselves.

We are here on this planet to discover the truth - Good Luck!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

bc freedom to u is to b handle smthg, otherwise u r not interested in respecting that freedom exist

u do the opposite to admit the opposite as true, u r of duality created to suit absolute will to take all what truth might give

if truth is freedom value, then handling any or getting above any is wrong

and surely cannot be free

freedom truth is simply the fact that there is always more out of any perspective and out of any conscious state

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

The hard truth is this:

We cannot rely on anyone or anything.

We are here on this planet to discover the truth - Good Luck!

Discovery is fun...
Godlook

Akushla

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Yes, Perhaps,

It is a hard road.

Good luck on the way.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

Originally posted by akushla99

bc freedom to u is to b handle smthg, otherwise u r not interested in respecting that freedom exist

u do the opposite to admit the opposite as true, u r of duality created to suit absolute will to take all what truth might give

if truth is freedom value, then handling any or getting above any is wrong

and surely cannot be free

freedom truth is simply the fact that there is always more out of any perspective and out of any conscious state

Merci...
For telling me what I believe!

That quote is from a film...

You are very entertaining!

Akushla

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

that is one of the most abject lies, u cannot discover truth, when truth is any and all, such nonsense edge is only of liars
yea good luck within urself haha who r u fooling who r u despising in such absolute terms

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Have you ever seen that T.V show House M.D? Well I think they cover what it means to lie very well in that show. People lie and often times they want to be lied to. Now when it comes to beliefs well, people rarely back down form them, its about saving face. When they hear the truth they either fight it or rationalize it. Its not about people hating the truth its about the truth being complicated and people being complicated.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Ignorance is bliss. When one hears the truth and truly understands its impact, it means they have to do something about it. Society has become so numb to even the very few truths that do get out. To hear the whole truth would rattle most people to their very core.

Also the truth will set you free, but few people really want that, and few would even know what to do if all the illusions of society were to break down.

The following is a true story. When I was a kid we had 3 canaries. One day while my mum was cleaning the cage it dropped and they all escaped. The 1st did not know what to do - it was just stunned - and simply perched on the table. Mum simply grabbed it quickly and put it back in the cage. The 2nd flew slightly out of reach so it couldn't be reached. But it was equally as stunned and perched there for 5 minutes until a large crow flew out of nowhere, grabbed it and flew away over the horizon. The 3rd flew high into the trees and began singing. It wasn't yellow like the other 2 but kinda brownish. I always thought it was a little smarter than the others and used would sing the loudest and the best (It was my favourite and I called it sweety tweety). For about a week it would come back occasionly and get some seed to eat, but it never let itself get caught again. And eventually it just stopped coming back.

The majority of society I see as the first two canaries. They did not know what do do when the world they knew and loved came crashing down around them. One was quite happy to go back, another tried but failed. But every now and then one comes along who doesn't look or think like the others. Its a little smarter and sings a little louder and see's its situation for exactly what it is. And when the opportunity comes along it will grab it with both horns and life will never be the same again.

Mum bought the 1st canary we managed to keep a large comfy aviary after that, bought it some more toys and 2 more companions. She didn't want that to happen again cos me and my brothers were devasted. And it died happily of old age without ever seeing the world beyond the bars.....
edit on 28/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I don't know if you really understand the depth of what your saying. Do you ? If you do or think you do you might think again because the title of the thread is a lie in itself. Not all people hate the truth.Not all people "Shrink" from it. Some people don't have to fear the truth. The truth is,,, We don't know what everyone thinks and feels unless we know everyone on the planet personally and take notes. BTW and hope they told the truth to us or we are in posession of lies again. ???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join