It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Occupiers Harass Photographers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I hope I am posting this in the right forum, if not please move it for me mods.

I was looking for a live feed of Occupy Los Angeles when I saw this video linked by the local Fox affiliate. Yeah I know some of you will say Fox is evil, corrupted, owned by TPTB, whatever it is an example of how OWS treats people who are not 'supporting the cause'. In my opinion the protesters are trying to hide something or maybe they had a good reason for acting the way they did. I am not good at posting youtube videos on this site so I am just going to provide the link....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Does anyone else feel like having a camera battle?

No?

No me neither.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
there you go mate:

edit on 28/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellerphoenix
I hope I am posting this in the right forum, if not please move it for me mods.

I was looking for a live feed of Occupy Los Angeles when I saw this video linked by the local Fox affiliate. Yeah I know some of you will say Fox is evil, corrupted, owned by TPTB, whatever it is an example of how OWS treats people who are not 'supporting the cause'. In my opinion the protesters are trying to hide something or maybe they had a good reason for acting the way they did. I am not good at posting youtube videos on this site so I am just going to provide the link....

www.youtube.com...

Have anything from ANY actual "news" sources?
This links to an entertainment video and thus is hard to take very seriously. Especially when understanding the producers of said entertainment have a very vocal anti-OWS stance.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KendraSins

I think its great.

Occupy protestors who don't want to be photographed.

Imagine that!

ETA: It also shows that those folks in particular are hypocritical, they are sitting there filming with their phones, but they dont want other people filming them.

edit on 28-11-2011 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It is a public place and as far as I know, you have the right to film in public.... But I am not so sure you have the right to film individuals who say they do not want to be filmed....

I don't know I can see both points of view.

Public space.... Private meeting... Not going to get much privacy in public though...I don't get the impression that they had anything to hide. Just that they were looking for privacy and were frustrated that they were unable to get any, in a public place.

So, for what that is worth.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

I think its great.

Imagine that!

What is great? This entertaining video?
If that is what you base your opinions off of then good for you. Nothing like letting an entertainment company tell you what you should think and then watching you proudly tell us how you enjoy thinking just what you were told to think.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Its a free country and journalists are allowed to document the news last time I checked.

Or are we a communist country now?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I think its great.

Imagine that!

ETA: It also shows that those folks in particular are hypocritical, they are sitting there filming with their phones, but they dont want other people filming them.

edit on 28-11-2011 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

It is the same thing scientoligists do. They will harass you with video cameras but if you pull out one they go ape #.
I no longer know what to think of OWS every time I try to have a meaningfull conversation with one of thier supporters they try to bash me. At first I was all for them but the way they have attacked me it sure doesn't help.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Grimpachi because: spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Seems frustration is setting in, what's step two of the process? :[ but in all seriousness this whole effort is a flop thus far. It seems some of the occupy protests are beginning to arrive at the conclusion that this is not a localised issue applicable only to the area they are willing to die for in an act of blind patriotism, rather it is an issue of concern to the entire planet and its many species. No doubt something will occur which abates the occupy protesters causing their dispersion but as they were not unified to begin with I don't think it will be anything that could be considered an achievement in human equality. Baby steps I guess.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo1010

there you go mate:

edit on 28/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for posting that. I was on the fence before but now I think it is time for OWS to go home. Maybe the next movement will have civility and a real message.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I believe it would have been taken more serious had it been a more concentrated effort, Shutting Down Wall Street,

Likewise, had a multitude of Camps not turned to violence, they would have been taken more serious, Versus that of a violent riot,

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

It's a public place. No expectation of privacy in public. You can say that you dont want to be filmed but that doesn't mean anything in the eyes of the law.
This kind of "We're using our 1st amendment rights, but you are not allowed to" isn't first time for OWS. This guy is especially hilarious example of that idea.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
helicopter viewI am watching the protests now on a live feed it looks more like a party than anything.

live feed
edit on 28-11-2011 by Grimpachi because: link

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KendraSins

I think its great.

Imagine that!

What is great? This entertaining video?
If that is what you base your opinions off of then good for you. Nothing like letting an entertainment company tell you what you should think and then watching you proudly tell us how you enjoy thinking just what you were told to think.

Afraid much?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

thanks for the links.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

I am confused, when did asking someone to you to not take their picture become harassment? Perhaps you believe in having the government having constant surveillance of us all. Maybe you believe you have the right to take people's pictures anytime they are in public, in fact, in California you are not allowed to tape someone without their consent, did you forget that? You cannot tape a conversation without the other persons consent in California unless they are a public figure in a public situation. The person that was taped was not a public figure or their name would be public and and they would be in public for a business reason.

The most important thing is not whether or not people wish to have their picture taken and posted on the internet, it is whether or not we should be "outing" everyone. If you work for the government then the media has a right, to a degree, to observe you doing your work. If you are a "celebrity" attending public events then you know that the media will observe you; but, at what point does the media cross the line, they are the ones with mass observes. What is the line between privacy and public statements?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

When you are in a public place having your picture taken or being filmed is a risk you take. Fox news is not a government organization. If you are in a traffic accident and it is deemed newsworthy the media doesn't ask your permission before it's aired on the evening news do they?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

You just completely missed the point.

And frankly speaking, why are people on this site saying things like: "I was on the fence before, but now I'm anti-OWS".

I've seen it parroted on the internet a MILLION times. Same sentence structure and everything.

It makes me believe that there is an actual troll-force out there to smear OWS. Because otherwise it would take a LOT longer for so many people to copy not only each others opinion....but to structure the sentence the very same way?!?!?! You know, that and the $800.000 to smear OWS online.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join