It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Coincidences or End of Days

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Well many cultures talk of of an end....yes even islam speaks of an end.

Him lifting up 2 fingers to suggest the end..is worth pondering about.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy

Ever occured to you he may just be throwing up the 'peace' sign?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Christians cannot call someone an idiot and be christian like - Judge not... - Matthew 5:22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.
reply to post by theRhenn

A false prophet is a false prophet and you will know who a false prophet is because a true prophet is never wrong. Camping is not my brother, he was just another false prophet. As for the end of the world, not quite. As for end times, we shall see; but, not in 2012.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This is so like the Y2K debacle that I can't get too excited about it. Certainly not enough to get involved in any long drawn out arguments and/or investigations... That's just in case I don't have enough time.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Man you sure did your research... I really appreciate someone spelling it all out and bringing all the beliefs of different cultures and religions together in this way. THANK YOU. Whatever the future holds for the world in 2012; rest-assured that it's going to be an interesting ride in which we will have front row seats.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Wether or not he is a false prophet, the law still remains. Satan was never called fool.. He was rebuked but never called a fool, an idiot or such. Seem there was much respect even in the angelic heiarchy dept.

Camping is... well... Just like the rest, in my book. But, we are not above him to call him down and what not, is all I'm staying.

Ya never know what purpose he was being used for.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mpwaite

There wasn't really much research done. Most of this is direct copy-and-pastes from a few sites which had their information wrong to begin with. The truth is that there are no prophecies associated with 2012 and most of what is contained in the OP can be traced back to New Age authors making up information to increase their book sales.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Always room for a good doomsday thread here! Especially one that summarizes several of them.
Surely Nostradamus factors in doesn't he?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by planetdevildog

Very good work, lots of detail great stuff. But i do hope it is the change of going into 5th density and becoming the next stage of our eveolution whether it be spirtual and physical. I hope we dont have any large big event as in pole shift, solar flare etc. For some reason though i think we are going to have both. I feel i have known for sometime *SNIP*

edit on 11/29/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Removed Link.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by AQuestion

Wether or not he is a false prophet, the law still remains. Satan was never called fool.. He was rebuked but never called a fool, an idiot or such. Seem there was much respect even in the angelic heiarchy dept.

Camping is... well... Just like the rest, in my book. But, we are not above him to call him down and what not, is all I'm staying.

Ya never know what purpose he was being used for.

True, Satan was called the father of all lies, he proved himself to be a fool when he proved that he did not understand Job and he did not understand Christ. He proved himself wrong and still did not learn. Same for Camping, a false prophet who did not learn from his prior mistakes. What do we call someone who keeps doing the same thing expecting to get a different result, I can call them Satan or Camping, either works for me.

The issue of the thread however has to do with the world ending in 2012. My comment was that the bible does not support that, not because of a date; but, because it says that certain things will occur first and they haven't happened yet. I call Camping a false prophet because he was, the definition is anyone who has prophecies that do not come true. My original statement calling him an idiot I stand by because he did not learn. I prefer to see him as an idiot than as evil. If he intended to deceive people than he would be evil. Why should Christians have to tolerate the likes of Camping and some of the wackos that suck the money out of believers with no concern for their well being? My original post was intended to point out that just because some people who call themselves Christians believe the stupidity that is currently being sold does not mean that it is biblical. There is nothing in the bible that says that the world will end in 2012 and the descriptions in Revelations say that Jesus will rule on earth for a thousand years and that Armageddon is a battle that is never fought. If the world ends next year than the bible is wrong and if it does not end next year than it proves that those who said it would are wrong.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

There are numerous prophesies

numerous prophesies

prophesies

/thread

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by planetdevildog
The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy, there is speculation that Pope Benedict XVI would reign during the beginning of the tribulation of which Jesus spoke, and the next and last Pope described in the prophecy as "Peter the Roman", the last in this prophetic list, would appear, bringing as a result the destruction of the city of Rome and the Last Judgment.

The use of "reign" in the St. Malachy prophecy to which you refer is only applied to "Peter the Roman".

The Blessed Trinity has raised me, the referenced "Peter the Roman", to Christ's throne. I was in need of being baptized by Him according to the Gospel of St. Matthew 3:15. As a created soul, I am over 2,000 years of age.

Christ lives and reigns in the unity of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

Originally posted by rabzdguy

Ever occured to you he may just be throwing up the 'peace' sign?

He answered that "his coming is 'this near' to the Hour - lifting the two fingers together".

You can now interpret that however you will.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Text

For now, I can only say that the thing they say enlightenment or sudden change about mankind's behavior and belief, is that we are just affected by the thought that this world we know is going to end.

A man's life changes, when a Doctor says that he's at terminal case. - by me ^ ^

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
strikes me as a coinkidink that this new apocalyptic-themed film is getting incredibly glowing reviews across the critical continuum!
host.madison.com... l

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
strikes me as a coinkidink that this new apocalyptic-themed film is getting incredibly glowing reviews across the critical continuum!
google the film title, MELANCHOLIA

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
while the Bible doesn't give specific dates for prophecies, Matthew 24 does give a list of signs, most notably the earthquakes in different places, and wars; no doubt many wars and varied quake locations (Virginia, Oklahoma).
Bible prophecy also emphisizes the return of Israel as a nation, which happened in 1948. I don't remember the exact wording but it was to the effect that 'this generation' would experience the end.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
while the Bible doesn't give specific dates for prophecies, Matthew 24 does give a list of signs, most notably the earthquakes in different places, and wars; no doubt many wars and varied quake locations (Virginia, Oklahoma).
Bible prophecy also emphisizes the return of Israel as a nation, which happened in 1948. I don't remember the exact wording but it was to the effect that 'this generation' would experience the end.

paraphrasing what the NT says concerning signs the proverbial END is near, it's clear that uncanny disasters will multiply exponentially [happening for sure now] and Jesus seems to suggest also however that there will be a kind of very peaceful "lull" amid all this, and it'll be during the "lull" that the final darkness will fall.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join