According to John Major Jenkins, it will take 36 years to process through the Galactic equator. The Galactic Alignment "zone" is: 1998 +/- 18 years
= 1998 + 18 years = 2016. This is "era 2012" alignment2012.com...
There are numerous prophesies, beliefs and ideals that point to something very significant occurring during this time frame that could potentially be
apocalyptic. Now apocalyptic doesn’t necessarily have to mean the END of the world. However, it could be close to it. For example, picture the
global economic crisis we are in currently. What if something serious occurred causing a disruption in the ability to distribute food? Such as with
one of the worst case scenarios occurring in 2012 when the impact of solar flares and magnetic storms hitting earth are going to be at its peak. It is
scientifically possible that these flares could knock out the satellites or worse most electronics in general. What would happen most likely be
nothing short of chaos.There are two options.
1) All of these cultures predicting something apocalyptic occurring are mere coincidence or
2) Something will inevitably occur.
• The changing magnetic field will alter the endocrine production of the pineal gland.
• The Mayans had a very precise understanding of our solar system's cycles and believed that these cycles coincided with our spiritual and
collective consciousness. *NOTE* The Mayan civilization of Central America was and is the most advanced in relation to time-science knowledge. Their
main calendar is the most accurate on the planet. It has never erred. The Mayan fifth world finished in 1987. The sixth world starts in 2012. So we
are currently "between worlds". On 2012, the plane of our Solar System will line up exactly with the plane of our Galaxy, the Milky Way. This cycle
has taken 26,000 years to complete. Two other galaxies will also line up with ours at the same time. A cosmic event!
• There are many interesting parallels in the book of Revelations referring to a Dragon. The year 2012 represents the year of the dragon in the
Chinese calendar. Maybe just coincidence.
• Both the Hopis and Mayans recognize that we are approaching the end of a World Age. But the former, however, offer no time limits, while the
latter have a calendar system whose grand Thirteen Baktun cycle will end either on December 24, 2011 or June 6, 2012 (depending on your method of
calculation). In both cases, however, the Hopi and Mayan elders do not prophesy that everything will come to an end. Rather, this is a time of
transition from one World Age into another.
• Iran - Ahmadinejad is calling upon God to bring about the coming of the 12th Imam . . . who heralds the Apocalypse," "He is also saying that he
will 'strive for his return.' It is the most terrifying statement any president of any nation has made to the U.N. We have a dictator on the brink
of nukes, striving to accelerate the Apocalypse
• 2012 = The Year of the Dragon in Chinese Astrology. The Chinese recognized the dragon as one of the four sacred creatures to contain all elements
of yin and yang - dark and light
• Of all the world’s monsters, the dragon appears to be the most universal. Dragons appear in the early literature of the English, Chinese,
German, Irish, Danish, Norse, Romans, Greeks, Babylonians, and Egyptians – and in oral tales from every inhabited corner of the globe. The word
"dragon" is derived from the Latin dracon, which came from the Greek word for serpent, spakov.
• The Cross formed by the Milky Way and the ecliptic
• Terence McKenna's mathematical novelty theory predicts a point of singularity in which humankind will go through a great shift in consciousness.
• The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy, there is speculation that Pope Benedict XVI would reign during the beginning of the
tribulation of which Jesus spoke, and the next and last Pope described in the prophecy as "Peter the Roman", the last in this prophetic list, would
appear, bringing as a result the destruction of the city of Rome and the Last Judgment.
• Many new age spiritualists and philosophers ("new-agers") believe humankind will enter an age of enlightenment in 2012. There are a range of
varying, generally positive, beliefs shared by a subset of spiritualists from the mundane to exceptional -- including a positive social shift and age
of peace, mankind becoming psychic and connected by a collective, and/or an evolution of the human race into non-corporeal beings made of
"spiritual" energy, or light energy. An alternative view is that we are already thought-forms (see also idealism) and will be realizing our true
selves in this year.
• Some alien-enthusiasts, along with some new-agers, believe 2012 to correspond approximately with the return of alien "watchers" or
"caretakers" that might have helped the first human civilizations with developing their technology and may have been waiting for us to reach a
higher level of technological and/or social advancement. Beliefs range from the extra-terrestrials having benevolent purposes -- such as to help human
society evolve -- to malevolent purposes -- such as enslavement of mankind and/or manipulation.
• The ascetic Buddhist monk Ram Bahadur Bomjon reportedly told his followers that he will return around 2012.
• Some proponents of a peak oil catastrophe place major events in 2012. Richard C. Duncan's book The Peak of World Oil Production and the Road To
The Olduvai Gorge claims that the Olduvai cliff will begin and permanent blackouts will occur worldwide. Several studies predict a peak in oil
production in or around 2012.
• The WebBot Project - A tool used to speed read the internet web in order to find patterns or waves of behavior. This tool is believed to be able
to forecast the future based on the web surfing habits of the information generation. How can a computer find reason in patterns? The WebBot has
predicted some events with a level of accuracy that warrant serious consideration. The bot program also predicts a worldwide calamity taking place in
the year 2012.
• Chinese prophecies have derived similar predictions from the I Ching or China's "Book of Changes." The I Ching was written in 2800 B.C. and is
revered to this day in China. A gentleman by the name of Terrence McKenna (Died in2000) studied the I Ching intensely and began to see a pattern
emerging. From that pattern he produced a time line graph and called it the "Time Wave Zero" theory (Novelty Theory). Terrence's time line derived
from the I Ching ended in the year 2012 - December 21, 2012 to be exact. The winter solstice.
• Mayans call it the 'end days' or the end of time as we know it.
• Maoris Say that as the veils dissolve there will be a merging of the physical & spiritual worlds.
• Zulu Believe that the whole world will be turned upside down.
• Hindus Kali Yuga (end time of man). The Coming of Kalki & critical mass of Enlightened Ones.
• Incas Call it the 'Age of Meeting Ourselves Again'.
• Aztec Call this the Time of the Sixth Sun. A time of transformation. Creation of new race.
Dogon Say that the spaceship of the visitors, the Nommo, will return in the form of a blue star
• Hopi Predict a 25yr period of purification followed by End of Fourth World and beginning of the Fifth.
• Pueblo Acknowledge it'll be the emergence into the Fifth World
• Cherokee Their ancient calendar ends exactly at 2012.
• Tibetan Kala chakra teachings are prophesies left by Buddha predicting Coming of the Golden Age.
• Egypt According to the Great Pyramid (stone calendar), present time cycle ends in year 2012 AD
• Japan, Yonaguni underwater structures that were said to be around 12,000 years old, had writings about 2012 end of the world.
• The Aztec 2012 predictions says that on the winter solstice of 2012, the noonday Sun exactly conjuncts the crossing point of the sun's ecliptic
with the galactic plane, while also closely conjuncting the exact center of the galaxy. This means that our solar system appears to belong to another
galaxy that is colliding with the Milky Way. Putting it all together, it implies the 2011-2012 events are natural cycles of maximum solar explosions
which could scorch all or parts of the earth.
• The Sybil’s Doomsday predictions
• Sybil is a young girl that the mathematician Pythagoras trained to be a channel between himself as the seeker, and the God Apollo. Sybil became a
priestess of Pythia (channel or voice of God). Some Sybilla prophecies were recorded on parchment and passed from generation to generation. The most
talked about Sybil Prophecy of this age is the prophecy which mentions 9 periods of 800 years. The age after the ninth period is filled with doom and
Sybil’s 2012 predictions:
“The things in the tenth generation shall come to pass. The Earth shall be shaken by a great earthquake that throws many cities into the sea. There
shall be war. Fire shall come flashing down from the heavens and many cities burn. Black ashes shall fill the great sky. Then know the Anger of the
• Revelations in the Bible for the end of days
• The Book of Revelation is filled with strange and awesome imagery that is interpreted by many in different ways. The amazing symbolism runs
throughout the rest of the book and of course it is highly debatable as to what is to be taken literally or symbolically. The Book says that judgments
are released upon the earth in the form of seven trumpets, two witnesses, a dragon (the devil), the beast (the antichrist), the false prophet and the
seven golden bowls. The judgments passed on to the Earth and its inhabitants include:
• Meteor storm
• Lack of drinking water
Eventually the prophecy leads up to the antichrist assuming world domination with his false prophet overseeing the one-world religion. The antichrist
is prophesied to rule the world for a period of time until the battle of Armageddon.
• Nostradamus - The 2012 predictions would not be complete without Nostradamus predictions for 2012 "Doomsday" Comet and foretell an anti-Christ,
earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods and other manner of destruction in 2012 date.
• Included among 2012 predictions is the belief that there is a 12th planet in our solar system whose orbital path comes close to earth every 30
million or so years. If it doesn't hit us they say, the gravitational pull of this planet will cause massive destruction on earth that we will not
• 2012 Solar Flares - NASA regularly monitors solar (sun) activity and can even predict general cycles showing when the most likely time will be for
larger flares. In a general way, these predictions are reasonable reliable. The sun is set to peak in 2012.
• Edgar Cayce gave more than 14 thousand readings in his lifetime. Edgar Cayce forecast that Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York and would be
gone, Japan as well, and Europe would be completely changed "in the twinkling of an eye." The Mississippi area of the United States would not fare
so well. The Mississippi would become quite wide and the Great Lakes will drain into the Gulf of Mexico through it. Carolina and Georgia are also
slated for disappearance. Some central states in the United States will be somewhat alright like the Illinois Ohio, Montana areas, while Canada has
large portions of undisturbed area too. The western part of Canada is going to have challenges though. Edgar Cayce also predicted that there would be
volcanic eruptions and earthquakes in the southern hemisphere more than the northern hemisphere. Land masses within the seas will arise to become
islands and continents of their own.
Well I probably left several off but that is a good wealth of prophesies for 2012 or around that time frame. I find it very interesting how so many
different cultures from so far away had similar predictions of something life changing occurring around this time frame. We all hope this is all just
a coincidence, and that nothing apocalyptic will happen as predicted. Hopefully 2012 will pass by and we will just look back and have a great laugh
like with how the world would end with Y2K and other dates. Like I said, there is two ways it can happen. However, it is only a matter of when not if
an apocalyptic event takes place. Let us just hope it isn’t in our lifetime...ey?