It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

occupy movement staged

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Soros did give money to a company called Tides Foundation which yes did link up and give money to Adbusters who in return designed a peaceful, civil disobedience template that #OWS and it's Various Occupations around the planet are employing but in no way has Soros contributed a red cent to this movement directly and a global edict has been declared saying that if he does it is to be rejected on site as well as any cash or goods donation from any member of The 1% which is that of any multi-millionaire ($100M+), billionaire or trillionaire!
edit on 28-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

you should watch the movie The century of Self.It about the manipulation if people and Edward Bernays the father of Public relations.It only takes a few to derail a movement and to whip a crowd up into a frenzy especialy when it has no leader.All the videos you see are always cut short and never seen just before things happen,There is genuine people there for sure but they dont want this movement to go any where.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

maybe you need to redirect your energies more efficiently
and strike a real blow against the cannibal psychopaths that "rule the world"?

instead of running around putting out fires why not actually do something that doesn't require trying to get government [which is one half of the problem] to fix it

why not completely cut off all ties to the corrupt system and let it die? it's long past repair anyway

There's no question that the Occupy groups have done a great job with constructing the outlines of resilient communities in the heart of many of our most dense urban areas.

People pitch in to do work. They are considerate despite the difficulty of the arrangement. Food gets served. The area gets cleaned. There is entertainment. There's innovation (equipment, tech, workarounds). There is education (lots of seminars being taught). There is open, participatory governance. All of this is great and this experience will definitely pay off over the next decade as the global economy deteriorates, panics, fails. It will make building resilient communities easier (there are lots of ways to build a resilient community, we're trying to document all of the ways how on MiiU).
However, is this experience building a tribal identity? An Occupy tribe? Something that can eventually (there's lots to do in the short to medium term) go beyond protest and build something new? One even strong enough to create new resilient economic and social networks that step into the breach as the current one fails?

How to Manufacture a Tribe

How do you manufacture a strong community that protects, defends and advances the interests of its members? You build a tribe. Tribal organization is the most survivable of all organizational types and it was the dominant form for 99.99% of human history. The most important aspect of tribal organization is that it is the organizational cockroach of human history. It has proved it can withstand the onslaught of the harshest of environments. Global depression? No problem. (for more, see: Tribes!)
Source:journal-how-to-create-an-occupy-tribe

www.miiu.org...

Welcome to MiiU ("me:you")

MiiU is the resilient community wiki. A resilient community is a place that produces most of what it needs locally and connects virtually for everything else. That means it is nearly immune to many of the negative effects of disasters and global breakdowns.

MiiU is a collection of all the resources and places that make personal, family, and community resilience possible. Resilience isn't only about surviving global failures, it's about building a better life for you and everyone around you.

www.kickstarter.com...

Open Source Ecology is a network of farmers, engineers, and supporters building the Global Village Construction Set - a modular, DIY, low-cost, open source, high-performance platform that allows for the easy fabrication of the 50 different industrial machines that it takes to build a small, sustainable civilization with modern comforts.

The aim of the GVCS is to lower the barriers to entry into farming, building, and manufacturing. Its a life-size lego set that can create entire economies, whether in rural Missouri, where the project was founded, or in the developing world.

So Far we’ve prototyped 8 of the 50 Machines and we’ve been expanding rapidly. We are 100% crowd-funded. We have 400 True Fans that support our work monthly.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
yeah.... its easy to confuse those with the mentality of a ten year old... I knew they were going that way too

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

72 days and counting, no other entity in recent history has ever staged something of this magnitude. This movement will design and write the future for all.

The difference between this and other movements is that others already experienced something called an "apex point" that is the highest you can go but you see the rules are now different which means that this movement shall not ever apex, shall always prosper and forever change the direction of the world to be one that is compassionate towards your fellow human being.and not one that puts profits and corruption before people.

Millions throughout the world are behind us and stand with us. This movement will never be killed and will never die.

Take 1 out there will be 100 that will rise in their place. No other movement other then national anti oppression marches and rallies even come close and are the only items that can trump this is the recent Arab Spring from 2010-present!

The footnotes will be The Bilderberg Group, The Trilateral Commission, Council On Foreign Relations, The Federal Reserve, The SCUM as their twilight is upon us and the dawn or humanity is before us. You want revolution you got it. Now the q you must ask thyself is what do we want to never happen again and work to ensure that the policy for it forever remains. A march and an occupation are being planned for each when they meet next. That's right, Occupy The SCUM Coming 2012!

The future is ours. Tomorrow is today. Yesterday is dead and gone. The question everyone must now ask themself is "What am I willing to do to make tomorrow better then today instead of always being worse for all?"!

The winds of change are blowing, The Tides of Change are flowing and thank flipping God that it is finally happening.

Viva La Revolucion!
Viva La Resistance!
Long Live The Revolution!
edit on 28-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari
So how exactly are tens of thousands of people all managing to keep this secret, then?

It's possible the thing is staged, and not all the people involved KNOW it's staged. What I mean is, someone could have planned this, encouraged people to join up, then planned various encounters with police, etc., to push things in a particular direction. Hitler manipulated one of the most calm societies around to become total maniacs. It can be done, and those being used often, heck, usually, have no clue. it's been proven that a LOT of former ACORN people, organized just as they were, have been involved.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Yes, I am well aware of this. I did after all provide a link that stated exactly that, hence my use of the word indirectly - So not sure why you're informing me of what I posted. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

Wow, you hit the nail on the head! it's all totally staged. I myself was once offered $20 and a Chipotle gift card by Alan Greenspan himself to pretend to be a protester. I refused because I don't believe in hassling the wealthy hard-working Americans who have built this city, this country, this world, and properly enslaved us. We should be thanking them for letting us barely scrape by, they do it not because they need us to keep working for them so they can live in houses made of actual dollar bills, but because they care about us. They are trying to bring us together by pretending to be bad guys, and staging fake protests against themselves. They are so thoughtful, makes me want to give them the other %10 of my income, but I've got feed my family so they too can repay those generous CEOs for the opportunity. I made sure that when I bit into my Tofurkey this year, I thought of them and hoped they had enough money to feed small countries, keep their fireplaces burning with plenty of $$$, all SIX of their airplanes fueled and ready.

You are a genius! great job showing us suckers that we've been dooped. There's no middle-class uprising, so get back to work you lazy bums, Alan Greenspan's yacht isn't going to pay for itself!

P.S. - on a serious note, the originator of this thread is a Level 5 Douche-bag...the highest honors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join