It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Know You're Getting Older When... @look@

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blastoff

Good one ! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
How about forgetting why you walked into a room. Then realizing its the bathroom, try to figure out whether to sit or stand

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Good one calnorak..I hate it when i go into my bedroom to get something and once im in there cant rember what i was suppose to be getting so i must be getting old
Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
You know you are getting old
when, Uh? I forgot what I was gonna say!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I've been taking a multi-vitamin every morning forever and recently my wife suddenly started buying me Centrum Silver and I was like "WTH???" She says "well they recommend it for men your age."
Man! I seriously don't feel my age (50's), when I get a haircut and look at all the gray on the floor I just try to pretend that it was there when I sat down
I don't think I'll ever get used to people saying "sir" to me either, I feel like saying "I am NOT a knight!"

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I hate old people!!!!!!!

(born in '54)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 43LEO729

LOL ..Leo that was good your always so darn funny
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You know you're getting old when someone starts a thread about getting old and you actually reply.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
How about forgetting why you walked into a room. Then realizing its the bathroom, try to figure out whether to sit or stand

that really made me laugh

just as well you don't have that issue when walking into the toilet!!! Things could get really ugly if you get the sitting or standing thing wrong

edit on 28-11-2011 by Thurisaz because: after

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You know you're getting old when you are the only one in the room who understands what "clockwise" means, know how to use a rotary dial telephone, remember Queen Elizabeth's coronation, and remember exactly where you were when Kennedy was shot. And for the really old, remember VJ day.
edit on 11/28/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Thanks for postingSavedOne, That was a great story i loved the haircut one and to me age is just a number
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

LOL good one!!! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

dont rember any of that stuff..wow you really are old
im just kidding ya know

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3dman7

I hate getting old!
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
My Mother-in-Law moved to Las Vegas earlier this year. One of the items she didn't want to take with her was a 1968 Silvertone Stereo Console. Someone had given it to her 15-20 years ago and it sat in the corner of a spare room in her house. It was dusty and dirty and I figured it wouldn't even be workable, but I loaded it onto the truck and brought it to our place. I spent hours cleaning that thing up to find out it is in pristine condition, right down to the original record needle. It has a turntable, 8-track and AM/FM radio. We put it in our living room and the sound is great. It's really a contrast to the HD-TV, but it's interesting to have there. Well, the neighbor's boy came over one day and he was sitting in a chair next to it. He's 9 years old. He started looking at one of the speakers and then tapped on it. He said,"Is this hollow?" I said, "It's a speaker." He looked quizzical and said,"Speaker? Like on a stereo?" I said, "Yes. Let me show you." I lifted up the center of the console and by the look on his face you would have thought I just showed him ancient alien technology. I spent the next half hour showing him you could stack up the vinyl records to play back to back, if you only wanted to hear one side of each and showing him how an 8-track works. It was funny since he didn't know something like that existed, but for me it did kinda of make me feel old. By the way, the console is one year older than me and personally, I feel very young for 41.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Thank you for the story tsawyer2..I just love kids there so innocent and to him im sure it was something new and different and 41 you are young!..
My aunt still has one of those old Stereo Console's in her living room and listens to it all the time its huge and long but it looks like it just came off the showroom floor it sounds good she has a ton of old vinal records and 8 track tapes ..Your lucky to own one i think there neat and a real conversation piece also...peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You know your getting old when your excited about getting a new carpet...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm not getting old!!!

I just have "Antiques Disease"..... you know .....where the chest has fallen into the drawers!

edit on 28-11-2011 by tvtexan because: typo

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thanks Sugarcookie! Those consoles are huge and long, but, even when I'm not using it, it works great for putting lamps and flowers on. The construction of those things is amazingly durable. The sound from mine is excellent when I use the radio.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm 20 and I feel like I'm getting old :S

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join