It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Know You're Getting Older When... @look@

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hit me last summer, when my cousin was trying to tell me how to fish. then i thought to myself, the line on my reel is older than he is..

It first hit me that I was old when I saw a list of the current Top Ten songs and only recognized the names of two artists. I was already at the point where I could identify 90% of the songs on the Oldies stations within the first three notes.

When I'm in a room full of people and realise I'm probably the oldest one there.

Remember when you'd be talking to someone on the phone and all of a sudden somebody else would chime in to the conversation? Party lines were a trip.

When you bend over to pick something up and you look around to see if there is anything else you need,while your down the.

Curling up with a good book on Friday night sounds like a lot of fun

you know your getting old when you can live with out sex but not your glasses...

Lets have some fun and add to the list tell me your story...

Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

when you go to a vintage car rally - and you are older than some vehicles

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

lol ignorant_ape
Thats a good one! thanks for posting ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'm so old I remember the freedoms we use to think we had, like drinking a beer in one's own backyard without the police getting involved, or when you could own a dog and not worry about the Gestapo tracking you down to throw fines at you for not registering your pet.

I also remember when I use to think I was going to live as long as my grandparents, lmao, boy those were the good ole days. Now I feel I'd be lucky to reach age 60 and maybe get a whiff of my Social Security and/or retirement. Those days are long gone though, just ask the baby boomers who are dropping like flies.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

this isn't a really funny thing to say, but when you start going to funerals regularly, tend to feel it then.

And what is worse than that is when you go to a funeral of a loved one that is younger than you. That sux.
sorry for the reality bite.

------------------------------------
"You know You're Getting Older When..."

when you are in bed on a Friday night at 9pm.

edit on 28-11-2011 by Thurisaz because: clarify

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I agree JibbyJedi..Those days are long gone..But i can still have a beer in my back yard and my dogs run wild without being registered but im on 140 acres of land but im sure even my days of this are growing short..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I understand the funeral thing ive been to a few of those that are allot younger then me and it makes me think about how short life is..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Yikes ..I didnt read that

peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

btw just gave you your 1900th star... and your welcome

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

You Know You're Getting Older When..

... you find something interesting to watch on television, talking about polling Seniors on their Internet use, saying, "Seniors in the 50 to 60 bracket were more liekly to use the Internet."

But... but.. I'm only 52

edit on 28-11-2011 by Tayesin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Thank you Samuelis..And i gave you a star also and i gave you 2 stars for to posts..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

52 is young ..I watch shows like that also and im 39
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I don't know what ya'lls old folks problem is,I keep getting younger everyday.
It's just getting harder and harder to get out of bed,though cause it hurts.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

You know you are getting older when you realize just how smart your parents, and grandparents really were. Also when people born while you were in High school can legally drink now.

When I was in high school, and it was time to get your first car. The one, and only concern was "How fast is it." We would ask if the guy had any official time slips etc... Now the question is "What kind of mileage does it get." and a bunch of questions about the cars "connectability" to the gaggle of gizmos in their pockets.

My nephew bought an old Jeep. He was about to buy a new carburetor, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I asked him what was wrong with the existing parts, and he basically said "I dunno, just doesn't run right." This kid works in a garage, but without a diagnostic scanner he was clueles as to how to tune an engine. I spent the rest of the afternoon teaching him how to manually set ignition timing, and how to jet a Holley. The engine was fine it just needed adjusting, and a tune up. He was baffled, and amazed that there were still people who remembered how to manually adjust, and tune an engine without some electronic gadget telling you what to do.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
But,seriously, hooked up my record player to my stereo and dug out some vinyl records to play,and my son,who is 10 years old,asked if that was a giant cd player.
I rolled over laughing.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I have a 10 year old too. He found a audio cassette the other day, and was completely at a loss as to what it was. So I pulled out an old tape player(not a very good one), and stuck the tape in. He just commented that it sounded like crap. I must agree, CDs were a big improvement. My very first car had an 8-track!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

LOL thats funny..but oh so true i find getting out of bed hurts also..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You know you're getting old when you can't remember if you took your afternoon nap or not.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

Thats a great story Binder! Thanks for shareing with us..peace,sugarcvookie1

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join