It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Curse Of GrowIng Old Is A Life Sentence Without Parole Given To Our Souls

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by Watcher777
We know what we are signing up for before step into this life. From birth to death and everything in between we are are here for the whole experience whatever that may be. Some of us decide for shorter lives and some of us decide to go long, but I believe it is our choice from the very beginning.

It is what you have learned along the way that makes the difference, everything else is just a few bumps in the road.
Why would someone decide to choose to die at age 3 days and someone else at age 95 all crippled up and cancer ridden? Didnt know we had a choice and if so,who is allowing us this decision? And why?

We are all so interconnected at so many levels, and prior to entering this existance that is clear. Your are here for the experience, the experience you provide for 'yourself' and the experience you can give to others, who are essentially just an extension of you anyway.

If it only takes 3 years to provide that experience, either for yourself or for others, then so be it, it only takes 3 years. It does not mean that the experience you provide is any more or less relevant than the person who exists here for 95 years. For time as you see it is only an illusion, an illusion designed to make you think that everything around you hasn't already happened........

You are looking at it from the point of view of a human. You are not a human, you are but consciouness blinded by the trappings of humanity.

This is not a prison, it is but an interesting stopover of a much greater journey. It's whatever you want it to be......it is you who have made it a prison.

edit on 28/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

There has to be some kind of answer and if there is none to be found,then i dont believe it,its just wishful thinking and false hope and blind faith...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

There has to be some kind of answer and if there is none to be found,then i dont believe it,its just wishful thinking and false hope and blind faith...

I don't know why we suffer, hopefully not in vain.

Have you experienced so much in vain,if it really was in vain?

One can have experiences that give them insight into others suffering, through that we can help one-another.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
To read such a sad yet true story of the reality of what ALL of us may have to face one day, and then think that there are [color=limegreen]]DEVILS in politics who are trying to TAKE AWAY Social Security for our elders!!! A program that these elders PAID INTO their WHOLE working lives!!

WHAT kind of pathetic SNAKES are these DEVILS to do such a thing to our PARENTS and GRANDPARENTS... and eventually to US when we can no longer work??!!

Anyone who tries to take Social Security away from our elders (elders who ALREADY have it hard enough without those measly but livable Social Security checks) should be HANGED.

Shame on you such DEVILISH SNAKES who do not care about our elders!!

Shame on you!!

edit on 28-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Oh and blocula, you were put here to sit by her side and talk to her, read to her, listen to her, be a blessing to her, and tell her you will see her on the other side.

peace

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Old age a death is a natural process of life , that we do not always respect. We see elderly kept alive by the most unnatural ways and states , just to tack on an extra few months . Do Not Resuscitate orders are violated in fear of legal ramifications by loved ones who will sue if poor old granny isn't revived multiple times to continue a few extra days of a low quality existence against her will.
We are so focused on length of life and relentlessly fighting to let go, that we forget to focus on comfort , pain relief, hospice care , and granting the free will and autonomy of those who wish to die with integrity.
The only curse is the disrespect the living impose on the dying, the breakdown of family where the elderly are not held to great respect within our society , and parents are shoved into nursing homes and ignored by too many.

Dying is a natural process that may seem less like a curse if it were a respected process, and those that age and dying are treated with the utmost of dignity by family , loved ones , and society.

edit on 28-11-2011 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well, OP, I tend to agree with you.

I thought your post was beautifully written and it has a certain ring of truth.

The "aging thing" has been weighing on my quite a bit lately. Although I am only in my late 40's, I have watched several people whom I care about deeply this year die. A few died of cancer, one died of a heart attack, and my old grandmother shriveled up and died just as yours did. It was heartbreaking to watch.

I think growing old is a priveledge, until the quality of life of a person diminishes. It's all about the quality of life, isn't it? I'm happy to be alive and wrinkled and old, as long as I can find joy in each day. When it gets to the point that my existence is harrowing and painful----then please. Take me away.

Life is hard enough, and what I find difficult to understand is that after this loooooong life we live, we have to die in pain and misery, shriveled up like prunes, unable to keep up with the physical demands of life.

How are we supposed to take life so seriously..when we know what's ahead?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Souls? The soul doesn't age as the physical body does. The soul ages with wisdom and knowledge. The soul is eternal otherwise.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I disagree with the you on the point that its not a life sentence on our souls its more of a sentence given to our bodies which will grow old and die. Like a snake shedding its skin or butterflies to the cocoon. As one phase passes we will move to the next.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Thanx for your kind and complementing words,they are emeralds to be found among mountains of rocks.

edit on 28-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

She should've donated her eyes. Just sayin'.

By the way, corporeal life is the human being's sole opportunity to develop its inimitable eternal self, and maybe even gain strength and character, with pain and misery the only real chance to kick the level of relative gain per specific corporeal development event span up a bit. Like trying a tougher exercise at the gym for a change. We all deal with resistance during our corporeal development phase, and thank God that we do. Hell, even the most pampered people will struggle to find something to be upset about. We all need it in the same way that our corporeal bodies require resistance to properly develop.

Like the string that keeps the kite itself from sailing off, giving it the capacity to actually fly via working wind resistance, each negative circumstance can be leveraged by each person to build immeasurable power for that person to carry into the afterlife. It doesn't have to end up being beneficial, but if a person knows the potential opportunity being presented, it can be extremely fortuitous.

Sorry about her and how she chose to deal with the extreme opportunities she was handed. I'm presently recovering from what could've been a devastating bacteria infection within my spine (emedicine.medscape.com...),and believe me, after the last few weeks, I could be pretty upset with what came literally out of nowhere. I was literally hours from being a quadriplegic, even if I'd gotten into the ER in time, and (more likely) dead if the paralysis had reached a profound state before I was able to drive myself to that ER. But I'm so goddamn lucky to be whole and on the mend that I can't possibly be upset about the pain and the loss of strength I'm dealing with right now. I wasn't even bitter when - as they were wheeling me in for emergency surgery - they were making me use someones cell phone to make three necessary personal calls because the surgeon couldn't guarantee I wouldn't stroke out on the table and either veg or die straight out. 60-40 chance...not in my favor at that instant. Then, it was pretty certain that my legs wouldn't ever work again, and even then, it seemed like a chance to really gain some power and ultimate strength through positively acknowledging the scary stuff ahead.

I'm not a tough guy. No way in hell am I braver or more deluded than the average person. What I do have is the realization of what hellish circumstances provide the human being as it moves through its corporeal development phase. It sure as hell served me well in that moment, and has continued to serve me since. Believe me, when your spinal chord has been as violated as mine has been, the layers, textures, and parameters of pain are pretty impressive. Ibuprofen is as good as Oxycodone when it's this much of a circus, and I even proved it by switching to Ibuprofen last week to save co-pay money, and experienced no real noticeable difference in relief.

This phase is temporary. We all die in the end, and have what we made of ourselves in the end. I guess it's like boot camp in that regard.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

My fathers grandmother has been laying in a bed in her home for 5 straight years now and has not once gotten out of it,she is 95 years old and she is filled with prescription medications,does nothing but suffer wracked in constant pain,hasnt stood on her own two feet in about 7 years,can hardly eat and she weighs about 70lbs and yet she keeps on living...Why?...Because her soul hasnt completed its prison sentence yet...imo...it isnt time to be released from this material realm we call life...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Are all the rest of the animals sentenced to life without parole too? Looks like it!

Think about all hte cells in your body that don't want to die either. There're magnitudes more non-human cells than human cells, yet they all want to survive. It's a struggle for everything.

Just imagine too numerous to count cells and viruses in our cosmos. They're on most of our planets and moons and on many of hte asteroids and comets. They're the building blocks of intelligent life. They lie dormant (or slowing reproducing?) on asteroids and other rocks that get launched into space and transported to some other planet. Then when the space rock explodes into the atmosphere of the planet and crash into it... a potential for a glorious future emerges. One that might go far or end prematurely. This life is uncertain, but it has its moments.

This is just the way life is. There's no god or evil force that ensures it stays this way.

My advice is to look on hte brighter side because that's the only option we have.

By choosing to focus on hte negatives you're deciding to feel bad. It's your choice.

Nonetheless, my stomach drops reading your words because some of them are true.
edit on 28-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
One of my relatives had a hard death. I was told she screamed for hours and hours and hallucinated before she finally closed her eyes and left this life. I'm glad I wasn't there to hear it.

If my grandpa was afraid of death or hated this life he never told me. He just kept on truckin'. Harder than granite. That's how it seemed to me. But then: what choice do we have? We either keep going or we end our life. But ending our life isn't really a choice if every cell in your body is screaming to be alive. Since that's the case now, I don't see how 50 years will change it.

He always told us that he was ready to die. He never expected to live as long as he did. He was an alcoholic and borderline diabetic for a while. So I believe it. He did still -try- to eat healthy. A tomato every day or two. He loved ham hock soup. He had a garden until he was too old to manage it. But he didn't do everything right. He also loved TV dinners and his microwave. He was active until his 90's. He slowed down rapidly in the last 3 years of his life.

He did say that the toughest problem on earth is greed. I wish I had could have some deeper heart to heart or mind to mind conversations with him. But the enormous generation gap was an obstacle. It's hard to relate to someone when they're three times your age.

What did he complain about? Well, I didn't know him too well. But... He complained about how machines took jobs from able men/woman. He complained about our national debt. He complained about how the rich buy everything when everyone is down. He thought the democrats were for working people. He supported the iraq war - he told me they should execute every terrorist in prison. He thought all a guy really needs is a good job and discipline.

He died after his heart stopped for one final time. Congestive heart failure. He had been in a nursing home for a while. One day, he was losing consciousness and feeling weak, so an ambulance was called. While in transit to the hospital, his heart stopped. They restarted it and kept him in the hospital when he got there. I wasn't there when he died. Someone told me he was smiling. But I don't believe it. Nurses and doctors invent things to make you feel better.

I didn't look at their faces in the funeral church. I refuse to. I rather remember them from when they were alive. If I had looked, i'd just see their dead face. I thought it was morbid.

My last memory of him was him sitting in a chair with a tube under his nose (feeding him air). His expression was one of someone who is physically tired. Hard to say more than that.

I would be so tickled if this life turns out to be a dream or it somehow continues after death. Gawd, that'll be a relief. But if I die and there's nothing that comes after, I guess it doesn't really matter since a dead brain can't be aware that it's dead, right? A dead brain feels no pain.
edit on 28-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

thanx very much for sharing those stories in this thread,i myself,through the recent years,have been to over 20 wakes and their 20 funerals from people in our family and there are not many of us left anymore,Once our thanksgiving tables had 25 or so people,this year,only 5...

A person may begin their spiritual ascent through this material realm as an ant,then a cat,then a tiger or dolphin and then finally a human.Who knows? Anythings possible...

And within each temporary incarnation there exists happiness and horror,love and hate,fear and disease and death,which if true,would mean that all living things are created equal and its the human ego and the human lack of empathy and compassion that causes us to believe we are better than everything else...But ...We are not better than anything...

edit on 28-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join