It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Curse Of GrowIng Old Is A Life Sentence Without Parole Given To Our Souls

page: 1
2
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
For one example,i will use my grandmother,whos story is lived out over and over every day by millions and millions of people...

She once was a happy,beautiful baby girl who grew into a vibrant young woman full of life,who never forgot anyones birthday,who never really did anything wrong to anyone.Getting old was something that only happened to other people...

And yet her eyes never changed...

But at first ominous and slow,then faster and faster she started to get old and the life she was trying to live began to consume her body and her mind and one by one she suffered a broken hip,fractured wrist,heart attack,dementia,open sores all over her.Torment after torment she was forced to endure...

And yet her eyes never changed...

She literally shriveled up into a pain torn living ghost.She went from 130lbs to 75lbs and she didnt have cancer,her old age crept up insidiously.The daughter whos diaper she once changed now was changing hers...

And yet her eyes never changed...

Endless doctor visits filling her with false hopes and his pockets with insurance money as she hopelessly fought a losing struggle with death and she stayed in this awful state for years and i would ask my family,who or what is keeping her alive? She was being put through hell continuously and then the sad and sorry day came as i watched her coffin lowered into the ground..

And i never saw her eyes again...

Like it or not,growing old and suffering is what will happen to most of us and is something that most everyone will be forced to endure and i think old age is a curse,a soul curse and the final touture that satan can inflict upon us before death releases his earthly grasp upon us...

And thats the only reason i can think of to explain why so many people die young and so many people die old, because the longer your soul was sentenced to suffer on earth,the longer you will live,as every soul must pass through this material realm we call life...
edit on 27-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I knew this thread would be by you just by the title...
you tend to speak about everything in absolutes and dreary outlook/opinion.


Like it or not,growing old and suffering is what will happen to most of us and is something that we will be forced to endure and i think old age is a curse,a soul curse and the final touture that satan can inflict upon us before death releases his earthly grasp upon us...

Aging and living a long life is a curse, huh?

Would you prefer to die as young as possible then?

Or perhaps to have never been born?

What about those that take things into their own hands and commit suicide?

Bad satan. Bad boy.

edit on 11/27/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: do you wear all black by any chance?



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 


so its the devil who makes us age?!?...


i could have sworn it was time, and natural progression...

I guess im gonna have to find an Luciferian Oil of Olay




posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hell on Earth isn't everyone's lasting impression.


edit on 27-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 




And thats the only reason i can think of to explain why so many people die young and so many people die old, because the longer your soul was sentenced to suffer on earth,the longer you will live,as every soul must pass through this material realm we call life...


My grandmother lived to be 88 or so. She made the same type of journey from old to shriveled and bedridden. The same experience. The only thing is, she was happy, even with bed sores and extreme pain. She still wanted to see her loved ones and still valued life. Her faith was the value she held her entire life, despite a life of Social Security income and little surplus. She was happy. That's it.

“If you walk in My ways and keep My statutes and commandments just as your father David did, I will give you a long life” (1 Kings 3:14).

“Gray hair is a glorious crown; it is found in the way of righteousness” (Proverbs 16:31).

We've also seen old men and women suffering their entire lives, enduring bitterness and disease to the end. I think you are correct that age can be a curse as well. It depends on the attitudes we take to adversity. Any day alive is a good day and an opportunity to help others. I think the ones who die bitter only helped themselves.


edit on 27-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6
 
I knew you would know it was mine and i was expecting your speedy reply..

Suicide is no way to get away and those that choose to kill themselves will have to start all over again...imo


edit on 27-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by Chamberf=6
 
I knew you would know it was mine and i was expecting your speedy reply..



This is the first time I saw a thread of yours as it was listed on the "new posts" page.



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hi blocula...

Death is a part of life. Life is what we make it. That is why everyday is to be savored and enjoyed as best we can.

My wife and I live a frugal and simple life... at times really boring in comparison to the everyday modern world. BUT we live everyday...

Too often I have seen couples that planned on doing this or that when they retired... only to have one die, get cancer, or become terminally ill or handicapped about 6 months after retiring. Suddenly all of those plans are gone... and so is life.

That is why we have done many of the things we wanted if we could afford them... and sometimes even if we couldn't... we made a way for it to happen.

Sometimes it might be going to some exotic locale and eating a local food... or it might be sitting out by the lake eating an entire box of ice cream sandwiches as the sun sets...

Another thing to keep in mind is your health. Some is genetic, some is lifestyle, some is chance... take care of it.

Also love the people around you...never be stingy with "I Love You"s... A great illustration is Tim McGraw's Live Like You Were Dying... sometimes I get caught up in the whirlwind of the here and now... all stressed because something isn't happening fast enough or some report didn't get done... and I will hear that song... Calms me right down and puts everything in perspective.

My goal when I retire is to wake up, go crabbing on the Pamlico Sound of NC, paint seas scapes, work my garden, and drink some spicy Bloody Marys... but since tommorow is not guaranteed... I have already endeavored to persevere.



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
*snip*

i call it the way i see it and i dont gloss things over

Look at a photo of someone when they are 10yrs old and then look at a photo of them when they are 90...sure looks like a curse to me...
edit on 11/27/2011 by maria_stardust because: Edited out offensive quote.



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 


Well then what's the point?

Just give up now. Live as unhealthily as you can.

Take dangerous risks. Throw caution to the wind, because I take it you feel that nothing really matters anyway.



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
My fathers grandmother has been laying in a bed in her home for 5 straight years now and has not once gotten out of it,she is 95 years old and she is filled with prescription medications,does nothing but suffer wracked in constant pain,hasnt stood on her own two feet in about 7 years,can hardly eat and she weighs about 70lbs and yet she keeps on living...Why?...Because her soul hasnt completed its prison sentence yet...
edit on 27-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
That sir is strictly an opinion although it is an opinion I somewhat agree with as well... I agree that getting old and decrepit SUCKS!



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by blocula
 


so its the devil who makes us age?!?...


i could have sworn it was time, and natural progression...

I guess im gonna have to find an Luciferian Oil of Olay


You can ask Stevie Nicks, she lives just outside of Phoenix, Arizona, if I remember right at one point she made an admission as to dealing with the "devil." But apparently, the Oil you speak of doesn't even last for her. As beautiful as she was with her smooth alabaster skin like a porcelain doll (and I think she still is beautiful), the ravages of time have begun to take their toll.

Cheers - Dave



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
\







Originally posted by blocula
For one example,i will use my grandmother,whos story is lived out over and over every day by millions and millions of people...

She once was a happy,beautiful baby girl who grew into a vibrant young woman full of life,who never forgot anyones birthday,who never really did anything wrong to anyone.Getting old was something that only happened to other people...

And yet her eyes never changed...

But at first ominous and slow,then faster and faster she started to get old and the life she was trying to live began to consume her body and her mind and one by one she suffered a broken hip,fractured wrist,heart attack,dementia,open sores all over her.Torment after torment she was forced to endure...

And yet her eyes never changed...

She literally shriveled up into a pain torn living ghost.She went from 130lbs to 75lbs and she didnt have cancer,her old age crept up insidiously.The daughter whos diaper she once changed now was changing hers...

And yet her eyes never changed...

Endless doctor visits filling her with false hopes and his pockets with insurance money as she hopelessly fought a losing struggle with death and she stayed in this awful state for years and i would ask my family,who or what is keeping her alive? She was being put through hell continuously and then the sad and sorry day came as i watched her coffin lowered into the ground..

And i never saw her eyes again...

Like it or not,growing old and suffering is what will happen to most of us and is something that most everyone will be forced to endure and i think old age is a curse,a soul curse and the final touture that satan can inflict upon us before death releases his earthly grasp upon us...

And thats the only reason i can think of to explain why so many people die young and so many people die old, because the longer your soul was sentenced to suffer on earth,the longer you will live,as every soul must pass through this material realm we call life...
edit on 27-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)


I am truly sorry for your loss, but her life was not lived in vain. We here can only perceive such things from this side of "the veil", but if she was as vibrant in life as you once recall, she contributed greatly to the informational consciousness of the "other side" after her corporeal death. Our life is only a "meaningless curse" if you decide to interpret it as so.
We are primarily here in this earthly existence to learn and reap knowledge which will assist us after we pass from this life. It's a "gestational" period we live in here. It's not the end of our relevance, but only the beginning when "our eyes close" here.



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
First thought: I can see this more in the writing forum as it seems something of a poem.
Second thought: I disagree. I'm enjoying life more as I age and am looking forward to getting "old".
Sometimes I view having to deal with another day as a curse. We are born into the slavery of our parents, we grow up to choose new owners (bosses and spouses), then if we are lucky, we have a few years to watch some old reruns and be left alone before we die. I think some of the lucky or smart ones are the ones who check out sooner than later.
edit on 27-11-2011 by notquiteright because: Grammar.



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hey blocula... you seem to be in some sort of a funk, man. I have been there sometimes in the past, but try to keep a positive outlook.

One of the things about growing old is your views on life change, your whole outlook gets tempered, you grow and expand mentally even as the body slowly withers. You really have to take a philosophical approach, amybe even deeper.

For instance, I used to be a real hard ass, driven, results oriented... then one day I realized life was to short... that no one was gonna shoot me for not meeting a deadline or not doing the dishes or wearing my dirty pants one more day... frankly, no one cared... and so I didn't anymore either.

My wife laughs at me because now I have adopted this little kitten that is now a cat... if you knew who I was 10 years ago, you would laugh. Now I love all life, all things, and really have opened my mind and heart to things I either used to reject or knew nothing about... really quite liberating.

But see, blocula, I kinda adopted an eastern philosophy thing... we are here to learn and become a better person in this life... if we fail and don't grow, we are doomed to repeat it... again and again until we do. That is why we meet the people we do and go through the things we do as we journey through life... they are lessons and how we deal with them and what we learn will move us to the next level of existance... that's a real spin for me since I am a Christian...

Anyway, life is a journey to the next level... what we learn along the way determines if we leave this one with a smile or a frown.

Heads up, blocula... go get a peanut butter milkshake, a grilled cheese sandwich, and step outside and dig the stars, man.... awesome.



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 


getting older is a very different experience when one does not poison oneself with manufactured foods, drown themselves in sugar (moving only from chair to car and back again) and buying into the endless "worker bee" meme.

the world is currently a bad example of what a ripened human can look like.



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Im gonna keep this short and sweet, u caught me at a bad time blocula and i apologize for being an a$$hole, i still highly disagree with your stance on having the opportunity at a long life but i do see your point with end life suffering, some have it easier than others and i hope your gmas transition was more peaceful than it sounded, cant beat a smile on the face. This site really can get ya wriled up, jeebus.




top topics



 
2
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join