It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden in Plain Sight: Esoteric Symbols in the new Muppets movie.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I guess you have to believe in hocus pocus to believe this trash. Let me school you here, none of those people you mentioned had magical powers. None of them could communicate with the spirit world or demons or Satan or whatever. They were men, as you and I are, who were either victims of their own delusion, or con men who knew they could control weak minded people this way.

I don't believe I made any personal attacks whatsoever. I made a comment about your panties, but we all know you probably don't really wear them. It was a colloquialism - a way of asking if you were calm enough to discuss the topic civilly or if I should wait longer before approaching you about it.

It's not phishing, nor is it laziness.

I'm not asking what your documentaries tell you to believe, I'm asking how you interpret them. I was asking for YOUR words as to what effects this alleged symbolism would have on me, and you have failed to deliver. Why? Because you don't think for yourself, you believe what doomdocs on YouTube tell you to believe.

Again, as clearly as I can ask, and for the final time, please tell me in YOUR WORDS what YOU THINK based on whatever "research" you have done, what exposure to this symbolism will do to me? What are the effects and why should I be concerned? How can I protect myself? Do I need to worry about all triangles/pyramids, or just some? How do I tell the difference?

You are displaying either an unwillingness to accommodate this simple request, or a lack of comprehension that is preventing you from doing so.

Again, I don't want TV or movies very often at all, so really it's all a mute point. I'm just trying to gauge how well you think you understand what you think is happening. I'm not interested in YouTube videos, just truth.

edit on 30-11-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Anyway, as I've said before, I absolutely believe there is a shadow government controlling the world.

I believe some of the families you have mentioned are involved, and have been for many generations.

I believe there are people who want to enslave and control us all.

I don't believe in magic. I don't believe in ghosts. I don't believe in satan or god. I don't believe that all movies and television shows are used to expose us to these symbols - again most of these symbols are very common shapes/colors/etc.

I believe that most of this perceived symbolism is the result of great imaginations and a fixation/fascination with entertainment. I really believe if you guys spent more time outside the house, outside the theater, meeting people and seeing the world you would be less suspicious of everything you encounter.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hey TinkerHaus - I don't think your recent posts were directed at me, but I will reply anyways, and I will be polite

I think certain symbols are used by secret societies not as some grand conspiracy, but they are 'borrowed' liberally from one another.

I think throughout human societies, secret societies and private clubs spring up independently. When they do spring up, they tend to 'borrow' symbols, myths, rituals, and props from other liberally. Look, for instance, at the purported history of the Shriners, how they say that their symbols were borrowed from the Middle East; indeed from a secret society that some Freemasons were initiated into when a Middle Eastern potentate had them over to a dinner party. So even the Freemasons, who are *the* Secret Society, are pretty open about their borrowing of esoteric things from other secret societies -- or so they say

So assuming for a moment that secret societies are popping up regularly, and re-suing symbols freely, let's talk about the symbols conspiracy theorists have identified in Hollywood movies.

There is a scene in Fast and Furry where a big-wig Hollywood executive bows and trembles in fear before the President of Hollywood:
www.youtube.com...

At first, the President of Hollywood appears as a demonic wraith; but this figure resolves into an old white guy dressed as a Pharoah. That's some pretty heady stuff for a children's cartoon movie!

I parse this to mean that there is a secret society that originated and perhaps still is based in Hollywood, which began about the time of the nascent Hollywood movie industry. Based on the garb worn by the President of Hollywood, it draws from the symbols and myths of ancient Egypt (probably amongst others). This President of Hollywood character is probably a reference to the real leader of the Hollywood secret society, who, while they hold no formal power, is probably well-connected on account of their top-most position in the secret society.

I suspect that many members of the movie industry are members of this society, and I think they get a kick out of placing symbols of their secret society in movies and performing the rituals on screen, as a wink and a nod. People who are in the know ( other Hollywood members) see and understand; the rest of think it's just another scene with a more-or-less random choice of props and actions.

I don't think this group runs the world or has nefarious purposes; I just think it has many members in Hollywood, just like the Friars Club has many members in the entertainment industry in New York. But I think it is more secretive than other groups.

In the Muppets movie, I believe the symbolic death and rebirth narrative is a performance of one of the central mytho-rituals of this group. It may be based on the Osiris rebirth story but I don't see a strong connection and there are plenty of others to draw on.

I believe Jack Black's role as the kidnapped celebrity is a performance of this groups initiation ritual, where Jack is kidnapped, tied to a chair and humiliated on stage, and then later raised in a litter and declared King by the same hobos who taunted him. Initiation rituals, whether a biker gang or a fraternity, being with an isolation and humiliation of the initate, and then later an acceptance and elevation of the initiate when they gain full membership through the humiliation ritual.

I've outlined the specific symbols that I believe are esoteric in the original post.

As far as the checkerboard floor, my understanding of one of the meanings of that symbol is that it represents the up-and-down, good-and-bad nature of life. One minute things are good; the next minute, bad.

As Kermit walks on these black and white tiles, he sings, wondering if it's possible to have a successful muppets reunion. Will it go well, and life will be good, or will it fail, and life will be bad? He dithers between hope and fatalism as he steps along the black and white tiles. The strong, alternating opposition of black and white visually mirror his ambivalent ( meaning: strong feelings on both sides) thoughts about a reunion. It will either be a smashing success or a terrible failure -- the rebirth or final nail in the coffin of the Muppets. There is no middle ground or grey area.

See how fun this is?

edit on 30-11-2011 by paulloop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
A Rather Peculiar Occurrence Happened Earlier While Searching Netflix For The movie CHRISTINE. A HORROR movie From 1983.
Happened To accidently As It Seemed Come Across This Picture Which Spells CHRISTINE.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join