It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT Team kills Marine in Tuscon, AZ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm sure most of you remember this story back in May 2011 when the Tuscon SWAT Team made swiss cheese of a 2 tour Iraq veteran, Jose Guerena Ortiz, whom they "thought" was a drug traficker . Well, the police state have come out justifiying their murderous act.

If we don't wake up we're in some DEEP $#!&!. Here's the article:

Article

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomKnight
If we don't wake up we're in some DEEP $#!&!.

This world is already in deep # my friend.

Most just have no idea how deep it is.

Words cannot convey it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

May he rest in peace...

kx

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Being accused of something and being guilty are very different things. Even if the allegations were true, they should not have killed him..It seems our swat teams could use better aim. 22 rounds sprayed into him is ridiculous. this is a less than perfect example of executing a search warrant. I wish his family the best.

"And 10 seconds later, Guerena lay dying in a hallway 20-feet from the front door. The SWAT team fired 71 rounds, riddling his body 22 times, while his wife and child cowered in a closet.
"Hurry up, he's bleeding," Vanessa Guerena pleaded with a 911 operator. "I don't know why they shoot him. They open the door and shoot him. Please get me an ambulance."
When she emerged from the home minutes later, officers hustled her to a police van, even as she cried that her husband was unresponsive and bleeding, and that her young son was still inside. She begged them to get Joel out of the house before he saw his father in a puddle of blood on the floor.

edit on 27-11-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

The five SWAT team members who shot Guerena believed that he had fired his weapon first, he said. Subsequent investigation revealed that the gun's safety was on and hadn't been fired. Ultimately, that is not an issue, Kastigar said.
"What reasonable person comes to the front door and points a rifle at people?" he said. "It takes several milliseconds to flip the switch from safety to fire and take out a couple of SWAT officers. I'm firmly of the opinion that he was attempting to shoot at us."
The officers laid down "suppressive" fire because one had tripped and fallen and the others thought he'd been shot.
"You point a gun at police, you're going to get shot," Kastigar said.
The five officers who shot Guerena declined to speak to the AP through Mike Storie, a police union lawyer who represents them and defends their actions.
"Anytime that they are faced with a serious, imminent and deadly threat, they are entitled and justified to use deadly force," he said. "And when Guerena came around the corner and lifted an AR-15 and pointed it at them, that provided the justification."
edit on 27-11-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Consider the situation of the police in Tucson. The US government has given thousands of high powered weapons to Mexican drug dealers. Gangs run the streets of Tucson. The police have their backs against the wall. So they make a mistake, not that they did in this case I just don't know. But lets say they make a mistake and they get the book thrown at them. Think of the chilling effect. Think of how you would be acting in their situation. They are just a few miles north of where agent Brian Terry was murdered by a Holder gun. And there have been several others. And instead of getting support after that happened the feds made even more attempts to cover it up. Who can the police turn to? They also had Jared Loughner - who did not just happen by the way. It is a mad house. Just throwing it out there to make you think.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Man, when I read this my blood was boiling!! And how can anyone in law enforcement say this was "justified"!? No matter what we the citizens do we are in the WRONG and the police are always RIGHT!! This is why they don't want anything they do recorded on cameras or cell phones because they are the ones being caught breaking the LAW and pissing on the Constitution!!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just imagine. The police department could have probably just given Mr Ortiz a phone call and asked him to come in to the department for questioning. Yes this was an all out fail on the swat team's part and they were found justified in their ambush of this soldier.

Another case in recent history where a SWAT team shot an unarmed man was also ended with the SWAT team found as justified in their actions. It's hard to watch, and hard to consider but it's the way of things in America these days.

Darned if you do, darned if you don't. Just live your life as a law abiding citizen and hope you don't get raided by unprofessional SWAT teams who can't even "clear the fatal funnel" without tripping, then opening up with over 70 rounds of ammo, I guess.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

This is becoming more common everyday. Search warrant by execution. Now some states want to take away the search warrant. This is why the civilian police were seperate from the military. Police are suppose to be enforcing laws. Military on the hand are trained to kill things and break things. That is why when you hear the US military are the police of the world they mean assassins of the world. Then when you hear nation building thats because the is nothing left and it has to be rebuilt. This is what our government wants running the streets? Apparently so.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Oh this is just sickening. So murder is justified if you do it while pulling a paycheck for a Police Department, eh?

The five SWAT team members who shot Guerena believed that he had fired his weapon first, he said. Subsequent investigation revealed that the gun's safety was on and hadn't been fired. Ultimately, that is not an issue, Kastigar said.

Hey, does that mean I can blow someone to pieces too? When they determine he never even took his weapon off safe, and so I COULDN'T possibly have been firing in self defense, will that mean they consider it a non-issue for my case too? Yeah.... I didn't think so.

"What reasonable person comes to the front door and points a rifle at people?" he said. "It takes several milliseconds to flip the switch from safety to fire and take out a couple of SWAT officers. I'm firmly of the opinion that he was attempting to shoot at us."

The officers laid down "suppressive" fire because one had tripped and fallen and the others thought he'd been shot.

These days? What reasonable person DOESN'T come to the door with a gun if they are coming to some God awful racket of pounding and the sound of someone possibly trying to kick their way in. Naww... Home Invasions don't sound exactly the same as a police raid...right? Of course not.

This COMBAT veteran had the safety of his rifle ENGAGED. That may mean little to people who don't live and breathe by their weapons for extended periods, but it tells me these cops have noses growing longer with each retelling of this line of crap and they KNOW it.

SUPPRESSION FIRE?! Hey, I can't find it now but I had just read an article a few months back about a returning vet onto his Police Department being removed from duty for giving another Officer cover fire. It's NOT DONE in an American city by civilian law enforcement...and THIS is WHY. Kinda hard to keep track of what is happening when idiot cops are spewing bullets like they're at the range and ammo is free.

At the LEAST this SWAT team should have been cashiered for their blunders here...if not prosecuted for MURDER. If shooting him wasn't bad enough..letting him die on the floor sure was. It's a sad day for Tuscon citizens.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
All the rage in my blood could not make that right.

The fact is, he had a weapon in his own home. SWAT should be more careful on when they engage their "targets" because he sure as hell wasnt a target. He was a man in his own home who heard a comotion probably, got out of bed, got his AR-15 armed and ready to protect his family. Sure enough SWAT bust in the door, dont think, see a man with a rifle and instantly engage.

This is just sick.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Swat identified themselves as police prior to entering the residence.

They encountered an individual with an AR.

Does the video show the homeowner making the comment to the police ive got something for you?
Did he have his gun pointed at police as they entered?
Did he keep his weapon raised and pointed at police after they identified themselves?
The investigation on the drug related side is ongoing - is there any truth to the claims he was working for a criminal organization?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

So you're father, mother, brother, sister is a member of SWAT. While executing a search warrant someone comes to the door with a rifle, they see a fellow member of their team go down, do you want your father, or your sister to ask the guy who comes up to SWAT with a rife if the safety is on, or do you want them to save their lives? I know what I want my dad doing. Justified indeed. If the guy did not have a weapon we can have a different chat, he did, they did the right thing.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

So you're father, mother, brother, sister is a member of SWAT. While executing a search warrant someone comes to the door with a rifle, they see a fellow member of their team go down, do you want your father, or your sister to ask the guy who comes up to SWAT with a rife if the safety is on, or do you want them to save their lives? I know what I want my dad doing. Justified indeed. If the guy did not have a weapon we can have a different chat, he did, they did the right thing.

But what really happened was a man was awakened by his terrified wife and mother of his child being told there was gun shots and people running around the house....then someone violently enters his home, confusion takes over everyone and a child watches his dad bleed out all over the floor.

And the drug investigation nets no arrests.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
this whole case stinks of major B.S. No good troop is gonna say "I've got something for you" before they fire, that would be tactically stupid, and we know he wasn't a stupid man. People don't say those things with the safety "on" on their rifle either. I think the SWAT team lied about some things to cover their own @ss here. I hope the police department gets their @ss sued right off. That is exactly what they deserve, and the cops that murdered him need to have some good ol' fashion corporal punishment by the USMC.

Every time I hear of things like this, it makes me think of only one thing, and it never gets old putting this up. www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I would like to see the sworn statement the officers gave the judge to get the Search warrant.

I don't believe they had cause and likely lied to the judge to get the search warrant.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
We are sending this message to the world: America hates drugs but embraces murder and violence.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
"You point a gun at police, you're going to get shot," Kastigar said.

seems like a warning to the sheeple from the coming police state, you may have the right to bare arms, but if you try to actually bare those arms realistically we'll blow you away without any hesitation
edit on 11/28/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
We are sending this message to the world: America hates drugs but embraces murder and violence.

Correction my friend.

America hates plants and fungi, loves drugs, murder, and violence.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
"Semper Fidelis"

....Always faithful. Those Devildogs will let their own be killed and do nothing about it.

Good doggies.

If you're a Marine and pee'd off at what I just typed.....got off your can and use that anger to avenge this Marine's death.

While you're at it read about Marine Lt. Jame "Bing" Popkowski. That Marine had cancer eating his bones away and he couldn't get Veterans Affairs to give him his narcotics every month. The United States Government shot him dead with 8 bullets.

Good doggie....

Stupid DevilDogs. You'll let Obama and Hillary give $90 Billion to those former Soviet Territories trying to buy them off as our friends (and line their pockets)......but you ain't doing something about what's been done to your own.

Semper Fi......"Always Faithful".....even when your own kills you.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Epic failure! If the police had their investigation rock solid with their so called surveillance efforts and ability to gather information they could of more readily executed the warrant while he was at work and wife n kid were gone. Not to mention the stupidity of the claim they thought he shot first u better know your target and what lays beyond what a terrible excuse. This could've been handled with a lot better care.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join