It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Dimensions Other Worlds Entered During Sleep Or Sleep Disorder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
So what are the thoughts of the members here on sleeping and entering into other dimensions, or other universes? I am no sleep disorder expert know all or doctor into this side of life. There are a lot of stories out there on this subject and experiences are shared abundantly. Although what doctors would call sleep abnormalities may just be more than that? If one has a reoccurring dream where details are remembered for countless number of days, how is that considered a sleep disorder? What symptoms call for other dimensions?

Lets say a subject has these symptoms and lets see what others think of this? Either a sleep disorder or a another dimension? Something more? What brings you to your conclusion?

Symptoms are as follows:
subject talks in sleep, fights in sleep like in a struggle, cries, sits up straight in bed and lays hands flat on top of thighs during the middle of the night, subject wakes every night at 3:00 am although can go back to sleep, becomes dead like unable to wake the subject no matter what one tries to do, subject wakes with no memory of anything taking place during the night, subject wakes up tired with no memory of dreaming, subject can not remember the last time of having a dream.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mattytencza

The symptoms you described seem quite normal to me. Perhaps some of the more serious symptom (sleep talking/walking, sleep paralysis etc) are brought on by stress in waking life.

My thought on dreams? I believe the brain is capable of extraordinary things that are dampened by the daily tasks of waking life, I.e: social tasks, work, academia, family life. Basically all the things the brain must process holds back it's true potential. during sleep these processes aren't there. Therefore allowing it (the brain) to redirect power (as it were) to more imaginary, self building functions.

During sleep the brain has the power and create whole new universes complete with new sets of physical laws, new faces and lifeforms, new environments and technology. So I guess in that sense we do indeed travel to different dimensions when we dream.

ALS
edit on 27-11-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
A couple interesting experiences have included waking up at like 7 am, do a few things....get tired again and lay down...started to go back to sleep and my left leg started lifting upwards before an adrenaline rush woke me up to the leg dropping back down, very odd....almost like i was stepping off a ledge, than catching myself. The other was a vivid dream where i was on a African plane type situation and was being circle by a couple large "cats"..... one attacked and during this clear moment i was like..."ok i can control this" as well as " give up ur left arm" and body slam that bit@h, i did this to both of them, crushing their backs on the some rocks.....i woke up with an injured lower back nerve, like i had lifted something heavy, quickly.....didnt sleep right for weeks.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think it's fair to start off by saying I have narcolepsy , severe obstructive sleep apnea , and I have been sleep walking at least since the age of three. Nineteen years ago I was pregnant with my first child (Kayla) and out of respect for my grand dad I was having my child at Baptist Hospital despite my preference for Vanderbilt . Baptist had already assigned me a doctor for when Kayla was born and that doctor was of course at Baptist. One night I dreamed that I was sitting in a bus shelter across the street from Vandy with my baby (that I felt was a female child) but had a blue diaper bag. I dismissed it as a crtazy dream . I knew I was having a girl , I knew the baby would be going to Baptist , and why would I be riding the bus ? Our truck wasn't yet two years old. Five weeks after the dream I attended my baby shower and my mothers friend had me a diaper bag hand made ...It was blue. When my daughter was born I took her in for her two week check and to start her shots , the office was filthy . Baby diapers under chairs , waste basket over ran into floor. Floors were dirty with black marks all over. I walked out and called my insurance company ..who gave me a doctor at Vandy. The morning of the appointment I get everything loaded up to go and my truck just makes a clicking noise. I got my baby and what I could carry and jumped on the city bus. After the appointment , I'm sitting there in this bus shelter thing and that image from the dream flashes. Is this just another sleep disorder ? I can't answer that. I do this alot and they aren't all fun and they aren't always during sleep. The ones during my waking hours are without image.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Try having 'recurring' dreams with people you know in the dream state but cannot remember names or places you see there and correlate them to your daily life or your past! This has been happening to me for over 6 years. It is so vivid and intense that lately when it happens, (about three to four times a year and it is the same place and people every time. That much I can remember) I wish not to come back. I actually wish I could stay! I have tried!

Zindo
edit on 11/27/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have been having some really strange dreams lately. I usually never remember my dreams and I'm prone to waking up a couple of times during the night.

In the past, most of the dreams I remember have occurred when I'm sleeping somewhere I'm not familiar such as a hotel room or at a relative's house. The fact that I've been remembering my dreams lately is unusual. They have also been unpleasant. If it is a parallel realm, I'm glad I'm in this realm and not the one I'm dreaming about.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I dream every night and have my entire life... since I started on antidepressants the dreams are more vivid and real. And they seem to last longer. I dream in color and I am always present on the dreams. I go different places and meet all kinds of people.

I really think we do go into different dimensions. Some days I wake up from a very vivid dreams and it takes me forever to "wake up" entirely, as if part of my body is still in dreamland. And, of course, the dreams affect me for the entire day afterwards.

There are places I have been that I dearly would love to go back to. Before I go to sleep at night I lay on my left side and go through my mental cache of past dreams, my favorite houses, places and people. Then when I'm ready to sleep I turn on my right side and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, I'm out like a light.

My longtime boyfriend passed away 5 years ago Christmas Day. One night I was dreaming I was in the kitchen and heard the front door open and I went to look and there stood Lonny. I said, 'what are you doing here?' and he just smiled, patted his chest and said 'they fixed me" He was glowing and in perfect health. I left the room and called someone, forgot who, and told them Lonny was here. Then I went back into the kitchen and he was sitting at the table with a huge plate of food (that man could EAT!) He said, 'I see you got a new refrigerator, nice and it's about time.' I just stood and stared at him. Watched him eat and said, 'I have so much to tell you!' and he said 'tell me' and then I woke up! That dream stayed with me for a long time and I am so glad he came to visit.

Dreams are so cool and I could talk forever about mine but I don't feel like writing a small book right now

There are as many different dimensions as there are dreams that we all have.. Think about that.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Wow some great feed back here so her it goes to each of you,

ALOSTSOUL, there is great deep insight going on here, well put. Have you ever heard of Quantum Jumping?

RedbeardedFoo, not sure what I would call the experiences you have shared. Great experiences though. My question is do you think that the dreams were vivid and you being in a deep enough slumber that just causes the body to function just as you are when your awake?

Elisha03011972, now your experiences remind me of a sort of psychic ability or a gift of another sort. I sure wouldn't call it a sleep disorder though. So while your awake, is this more of a feeling or a knowing experience then?

ZindoDoone, this is something I can relate to. I have had dreams like yours, but I had one that was a repeat dream reoccurring almost every night. I could remember details very clearly and can still remember the dream to this as it has been quite some time since I have had it. For me I was me but not of the same sex as I am in my waking hours. I lived in mansion in the middle of a forest, had a hook for a hand and I was a lumber jack. I could remember vivid details of the outside of the mansion but not the inside of it. It was almost like I never went into it. At the time I was having it I talked with a psychic about it. She was telling me I entered into another dimension. Kinda of weird really and shortly after I talked with the psychic I stopped having it or just no longer remember of having the dream once I woke. This is one I did not want to stay in but other dreams I have had I sure did want to stay in. I actually was with my soul mate in the dreams I wanted to not wake from, at the time of having the dreams though I had as of yet to find my other half in my waking hours. Many years later I did find my other half and knew instantly when we met that this is the one that I have known for so long. We are still married today and very happy as we were in my dreams. Kinda fantasy like maybe so but when our paths crosses I knew my other half completely. Did we know each other from a past life maybe so? Who knows but either way I knew my soul mate when our paths crossed and I was sure grateful that I did.

berkeleygal, all I can say is that if something ever happens to my other half I sure hope the visits come both in my waking hours as well as my sleeping hours. As for dreams I sure do enjoy looking into the darker world of the mind. You never know what one may find along the way. That is my belief anyway. I'll come back to this after I get caught up on some dream land time myself as of my neck of the woods is getting late and I am wiped out.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
My father passed away 3 years ago nov 21st, and on the night of jan21st I was having a dream that I had to move the earth, it was just some crazy dream then in the middle of the dream everything stops and I find myself on a patio.
There are cheap plastic white lawn chairs and I find myself sitting there with my father across from me.
He's dressed in his favorite maroon shirt, khaki shorts and sandals. It was very vivid.
He then asked if i missed him, to which I replied very very much. I then remember A question popped up in my head, i was thinking to myself omg I don't know if I should ask him this but I just blurted it out, I asked, dad is there a god? To which he replied no.
I then woke up. I remember it so vividly as if it really happened.
I don't know if he was visiting me or if I was just dreaming about him because I missed him so much, either way it was nice to see him again.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mattytencza

No I haven't heard of quantum jumping. Care to enlighten.

ALS

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
when i dream, which is often, i believe a good portion of the time i am in another dimension, or a parallel world. often i have dreams that include people i have never met before, but in my dream i know everything about them, where they grew up, what their dogs name is, etc. i dont really know these people, but while im dreaming, i do. although i have incredible faith in the ability of my own mental capacity to create an entire universe
, i just dont think my brain would find it necessary to work on the background of the thousands of people i have met in my dreaming life. theres a whole world in there, and most of it suprises me, and has nothing to do with my everyday waking life. i truly believe im experiencing dimensional displacement, sometimes, not always, when im dreaming.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I certainly have had many , many dreams in different places , met countless of people . its doesn't happen very often but it's always different yet similar . Idk how to explain this but sometimes I feel like I know these people as if I had grown up with them . This might sound weird but it's almost as if I'm my alternate self body.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I can you all about it , it is all about the pineal gland in the centre of the brain pm message me and I will tell you how it works

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mattytencza

Have you had the opportunity to step into the "portal" and go into the other side during a dream yet?

If you have youll know what im talking about and if you havent i wouldnt expect you to understand.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Every night almost when I dream I go to the same place. Its a town I guess, over the years it has expanded and different people are added or just show up. I do different things each dream, see different people. Some people I do not know when I wake up but in MY dream world I know them like I've known them forever. There's a scary aspect sometimes, I guess something that's lurking around my dream world. I have yet to set by and see what it is, usually I'm running or hiding from it. A few times my father has shown up, I kept asking him why he was there because I knew he was dead he had past in 2009. He never answered MY question he would just repeat "your going to wake up" and then I would wake up. I can't blame him tho because I was spazzing out Lol. The day my dad went into a coma we were 1500 miles apart. I was sleeping and in my dream I was laying on my side n my bed sleeping and NY dad appeared laying on his side next to me, when I opened my eyes he was so happy and smiling like he was at peace. Then I was awaken to a phone call from my mother telling me my father was in a coma I need to come home asap. It was so crazy and bizar. I believe the dreaming brain and the chemicals it produces has the power to do things beyond our own knowledge. To take us places that do exist, different demintions, its the next step in evolving our brains. Just think the people we meet and know in dreams but not in reality could be real people like us that happened to be in the same dream world. Waking up asking who we were.

top topics

join