It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost photo of UFO found

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Head to palm moment. Long's Drugstores probably used that stamp. Everyone took their film to the local drugstores then so it is likely that.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Head to palm moment. Long's Drugstores probably used that stamp. Everyone took their film to the local drugstores then so it is likely that.

Were Long's drugstores local to that area of Pennsylvania back then? I haven't heard of those around here (Ohio).

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

There is some info that seems to be missing from this story, in the OP its said that :

I found this photo he had been sent from a friend. The photo was of a UFO he had witnessed in the Allegheny Mountains of Pennsylvania sometime around 1970.

All its says on the back of the picture is that is a picture of a UFO and where is was taken.

So was there a letter that went with this photo ?

How do you know it was sent to your father?

How do you know that this friend witnessed this UFO?

edit on 27-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Do you know where it originally came from? I don't know for sure but most towns in the West either had Long's or Rexall I think. Longs is now CVC I think. You may have a point as Longs I think came from the west coast. I don't remember seeing them until much later on.

Tracking this stuff is no small chore and is not nearly as important as having a good scan or an original to review. Even then it could be hard to glean anything from it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm not convinced that it is a UFO--and I believe in alien UFOs!

It looks like a swept-wing jet. We can see part of a canopy, a jet intake and a wingtip that seems to slope as they do.

Unless the image has been drastically enlarged, I doubt tht a jet could be photographed at such a close range and not be distorted in those days of manual settings of cameras. Or it is a real UFO and hardly moving at the time.

Sorry, if these have been pointed out in the preceeding posts. I'm not gonna go through them. If I have repeated what others have already said, that that stands as good evidence that our independ views are likely correct.

My views here are not to be taken as a reflection on this OP or his late relative.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
There is some info that seems to be missing from this story, in the OP its said that :

I found this photo he had been sent from a friend. The photo was of a UFO he had witnessed in the Allegheny Mountains of Pennsylvania sometime around 1970.

All its says on the back of the picture is that is a picture of a UFO and where is was taken.

How do you know it was sent to your father?

So was there a letter that went with this photo then?

How do you know that this friend witnessed this UFO?

I don't know for sure that it was a friend of my dad's who sent it...I said I assumed it was an old friend since dad grew up in that area of Penn. I only know it was in my dad's possession, so I believed it was sent to him at some point in the past...I suppose someone could have personally handed it to him, as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by IAMTAT

Do you know where it originally came from? I don't know for sure but most towns in the West either had Long's or Rexall I think. Longs is now CVC I think. You may have a point as Longs I think came from the west coast. I don't remember seeing them until much later on.

Tracking this stuff is no small chore and is not nearly as important as having a good scan or an original to review. Even then it could be hard to glean anything from it.

I understand. I promise I will go up to Kinkos first thing tomorrow and have them scan it at the highest resolution that they can.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

So you dont know that it was witnessed by whoever made the photograph?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMTAT

So you dont know that it was witnessed by whoever made the photograph?

No. It was an assumption on my part, as it had also been hand-noted on the back as to what, when and where it was supposedly taken (not in dad's handwriting).

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

moms handwriting?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I too had the opinion that I had seen this photo somewhere before as many other people have stated, after a few minutes it came to me.

www.google.com...

They look extremely similar.

link   

Originally posted by facewhatly
reply to post by IAMTAT

moms handwriting?

No...definitely not Mom's either. She was even less interested in ufo's than dad was.

link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

So you found a picture and automatically assumed that

- It was sent to your father.

- By a male.

- Who was a friend.

- Who personally witnessed the UFO in the picture.

But in your OP you presented this info as fact. Sorry IAMTAT with all due respects so far this story has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

Originally posted by RickyVelveeta
sharpened the pic up with my iphone (photogene2, great app) and made a few quick adjustments. you can see the detail on the craft a little clearer

edit: it messed up the resolution a little in the edit so disregard this... i am however really looking forward to seeing the hi-res scan of the photo. i think this could really be something, aside from the fact it looks suspiciously '70s'
edit on 27-11-2011 by RickyVelveeta because: bad pic

Looks good...I am not sure what you were trying to do...but a new perspective helps...I guess we are all standing by on this one!

Another hold your breath moment in ATS history...and tomorrow the saga continues...supposedly!

yeah that's all i was trying to do really, didn't work out too well but i will be all over a hi-res scan as soon as we get one. was unsure at first as it appeared the bright top part with the 'dome' seemed offset from the bottom part, like it was hanging over the right edge and not a traditional disc shape, i see it now though, the top left of the craft is just over exposed.

so with the color aging and the konica thing does that mean we can 100% confirm that the photo is period-accurate? not a photography buff of any sort so relying on others expertise here, but it would be nice to get an official ruling-out of any kind of hoax/forgery theories as they come. best place to start is confirming the age of the picture, then we can start talking about birds and swamp gas

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceRaiders
I too had the opinion that I had seen this photo somewhere before as many other people have stated, after a few minutes it came to me.

www.google.com...

I've got to agree with you that they are very similar looking, although the dome(?) at the top of this one looks a bit more rounded to me.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMTAT

So you found a picture and automatically assumed that

- It was sent to your father.

- By a male.

- Who was a friend.

- Who personally witnessed the UFO in the picture.

But in your OP you presented this info as fact. Sorry IAMTAT with all due respects so far this story has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

It's okay...I didn't make up any details and I'll stand by all I've said throughout this post. Skeptical or otherwise, I fully expect this thing to be examined from all angles and points of view...your's included.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

do you have any sort of insight at all as to who could have sent this/gave this to your father? i know you've exhausted all possobilities but i think whoever is responsible for this picture being where you found it is quite relevant to the entire story. If you can figure out who it was than that will give you more information about the photo itself. just trying top keep the ball rolling

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceRaiders

www.google.com...

well spotted, knew i recognized it from somewhere!! the extended flange on the bottom makes it almost the same, although the one in the poster is more of an exact match of the bob lazar disc. this one clearly has a flat edge around the hemisphere where as those meet the top and bottom parts in a perfect 'point'. as the above poster said, the dome looks different too, there appears to be faint vertical lines on this pic; whereas the lazar model has block-shaped windows.

really opens up the imagination though, i mean why shouldn't aliens have different models and type of craft? there are thousands of different types of airplane used by different forces in different countries all over the world.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
oh and i also don't think we should be suspicious about the OP's story of how he got the photo, i mean how many of you have dealt with a family member's possessions and had someone say 'oh i have no idea where this came from'.... a lifetime is a long time, and this shouldn't be used in any way to discredit the OP when we have such an awesome photograph in front of us because of him.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You are being very defensive. There is nothing disrespectful in what i said, its simply the truth. I have heard this exact back story to a UFO pic that was reported to be found by a son before. In fact it was a very famous case.

Be reasonable. How many times per year do you think an older adult male passes away, and one of his sons is appointed executor of his estate, and/or has to sift through all of the father's personal property, etc.? There's a reason you've heard "the story" before!

You should actually probably be surprised you've not heard it more. I'm sure there are sons and daughters out there sitting on good photos, but who will never do anything with them due to the ridicule factor.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join