It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost photo of UFO found

page: 44
<< 41  42  43   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

was going to remove it but it won't let me. says I have exceeded the 4 hour window. Must be something new. I have been lurking too long I guess and missed that change. If you can fix it plz do.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

On the contrary, I believe it's a fine explanation. It doesn't assume there's an alien spaceship in front of the camara. I think that's the most important point. Remember Occams Razor.

If I saw a photo of Santa Claus on his sleigh high in the night sky with the moon on the backdrop like in the ET movie, I'd go for the explanation that doesn't assume it's Santa Claus.

I agree that it's hard to imagine a hole in the clouds having such a sharp edge. But if the "object" really is a series of distant ridges or hills then you can start to see some fog mixed in.

I think it's an illusion created by a weather phenomena.

This guy is the one that brought up this possibility (congrats to him):
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by ArMaP

On the contrary, I believe it's a fine explanation. It doesn't assume there's an alien spaceship in front of the camara. I think that's the most important point. Remember Occams Razor.

If I saw a photo of Santa Claus on his sleigh high in the night sky with the moon on the backdrop like in the ET movie, I'd go for the explanation that doesn't assume it's Santa Claus.

I agree that it's hard to imagine a hole in the clouds having such a sharp edge. But if the "object" really is a series of distant ridges or hills then you can start to see some fog mixed in.

edit on 22-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Yeah.......NO!

Mountain and treeline in a break in the clouds....'___' perhaps

Just presume its authentic and move on, its a nice find but it changes nothing until we get one of them in our hot lil hands

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

The fact that it doesn't assume it to be an alien spaceship doesn't mean it's a fine explanation, it means only that's an explanation that favours a common event.

Only if you ignore the rest of the photo, because you can see things in the distance that are behind some "distance haze" that does not exist in front of the "disc".

I don't think that's possible when looking at the whole photo.

I know, I have been following this thread from the beginning.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you for re-posting the high-rez photo, ArMaP.

As I said earlier in the thread, I was advised against sending the original hard-copy photo to MUFON for fear of not having it returned; according to other posters advising me here, having original material not returned, has been known to happen not infrequently.

I do, however, remain very interested in finding out all I can about this, as I genuinely believe this to be something quite exceptional in the way of possible evidence.

If anyone on ATS is personally close with anyone at MUFON, or any other reliable investigative agency for that matter, may I ask that they be directed to this thread in order to examine the high-resolution scans of this photo?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I think whether the photo is returned or not is secondary to the possibility of its validity being established.

Again -- I think it's real. I think it is a real UFO where maybe the "F" means "floating". I have read every post in this thread, looked at all the evidence presented from both sides, and opened the .tiff myself in AutoCAD (just for a little different perspective than the standard graphics aps), and still think it's a real photo of something anomalous.

How about this: make the delivery of the photo to MUFON conditional upon the MUFON official recipient signing an agreement that it would be sent back within a certain period of time?

Also there's this: chemical process photographic prints deteriorate over time. That baby ain't gettin' any younger.

edit on 25-12-2012 by SBMcG because: awful grammar

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I thought those of you who enjoyed my 'Lost UFO Photo thread, might want to read this new one:

top topics

<< 41  42  43   >>

join