It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost photo of UFO found

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
When you get to that frame, pause the video, and look at it next to your picture.
You'll see the background looks the same, trees and hills in the same spot in the picture...

You can kind of see why I thought it was from your photograph, which could be the original they are using 'enhanced' versions of for this show, who knows?

Again, I'm hoping someone will post the two together. I can't figure out how to get the shot from the video.

I think it's because of what I use in addition to my antivirus, but IDK.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kevin709

Indeed a great pic -

Kevin 709, I'm curious about your avatar. I have similar imagery from
something I saw. Do you mind elaborating?

Cheers,
Nexo

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
These images are quite similar:

www.zamandayolculuk.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hi everyone. This is my first post on ATS
I have read most of this post but I must admit that I started getting impatient for the high res scans and skipped a few pages so apologies if someone has already pointed this out. In the OPs pic, to my eye it looks like there might be some kind of wire coming in to the frame from the lower left hand side? It could just be a defect in the print or something but I felt it was worth mentioning.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw what appears to be a "light leak" from the lower left side as well. That is common in film cameras, film processing and developing. I'm an old film guy myself...still shoot 35mm and medium format

This first image, I used a cyan color correction filter to get closer to the true white balance point. I then applied curves to try and highlight the light leak/wire as best as i could. It's reversed so you could read the text from the other side for fun.

In these next two, it's just cropped, color corrected and unsharp mask. I did a bezier curve line following the light leak or wire to around the centerline of the object. It's not precise, but merely for demonstration.

The last image was to try and extract the original colors as much as possible using color filter correction, sharpening layers and curves. It's just interesting to see like this.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Nice work Annunaki. You highlighted exactly what I was talking about. I don't know anything about photography but I looked up the term "light leak" and I couldn't see anything resembling this line in any of the example photos I saw. It would be a good strategy of a hoaxer to have a supporting wire coming from the sides as most people would be scrutinizing the top of the image for wires supporting the object in a hanging arrangement. Is there any other type of photo processing type anomaly this could be, or is it possible this could be some kind of rigid wire supporting a very light model (polystyrene for example)?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

Nice analysis....but I really don't think that there is a string or rope there...probably a scratch (of which there are many on the original), if anything at all. I think a hoaxer wouldn't have used so a thick a string or rope and it would've made more sense coming from the top, rather than the bottom. IMHO...fishing line would've made more sense...as it wouldn't have looked as thick as what you suggest here.
Still, I'm on the fence with this one. Thank you for some great analysis.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Looking at the back of the photo it appears that just underneath the writing the white coloured back of the photo seems to turn pinkish in colour and it looks a bit like (to me anyway) that some more text has been covered up to which you can just see the tips of a few letters poking out (perhaps written in black ink). What's going there - is that just a trick of the light and dirt or something?

i55.photobucket.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Timelife

Hi...yes there is. This was covered on page 24 of this thread.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Ah yes so it was. Apologies. That must have been one of the pages I skipped in my eagerness to get eyes on your high res scans

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I'm not suggesting it is anything specific at all. There are many reasons for the streak to include photographic light leaks, string, wire, surface scratches, scanning artifacts, whatever. A previous poster mentioned this and I, out of my curiosity felt it best to explore this area to see what we can see.

I really like the hubcap comparison done earlier. It fits best so far IMHO.

Thank you OP for posting this image, sticking around and trying to figure it out too.. It got my interest back. It's so tiring to see all the crappy YouTube vids floating around.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Annukaki...Can you bring your photo-analytical skills to bear on this red-filtered scan? It came up from a poster earlier in the thread and possibly shows some darker atmospheric disturbance or mist-like phenom encircling the top of the object. This has always intrigued me.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by Extralien

i30.photobucket.com...

Hope the p/bucket linking works..

This was the red-filter image to which I was referring. I know there have been others here, but Can anyone please enlage this mist, cloud or atmospheric turbulence around the top of the object? I really do think that this is essentially encircling the dome of this object...partially obscuring the left side.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So now we have evidence of a stabilizing wire on the bottom and a suspending wire, eminating from what would appear to be the exact point of balance of this model and at the exact angle the model is tilted at.
Coincidence I tell ya! It has to be real. It just has too!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Timelife

So it could be a 'kite', maybe?

I was thinking how this could be done, if faked, considering the terrain. The best I could think of was strung from side to side. But a good enough balloon kite might work.

I still think it's probably the real deal, but options are interesting.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

This one?

I don't think it's the same object.
edit on 3/12/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiju

lol... Thanks, Kaiju.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hi...I believe he or she was referring to the image on the film several seconds after that image.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The photo in my opinion looks authentic, it looks exactly like a 1970's photo would look like all washed out. I got a album full of photos that look like this. I can understand looking for signs of a string, but come on man of course you're going to see artifacts the photo is 40 years old! It's going to have scratches and blemishes, artifacts due to the technology back then, dirty camera lenses, fingerprints etc. What you see is what you get. Be thankful it survived all these years.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join