It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost photo of UFO found

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dtrock78
Great thread that I just spend a lot of time reading at work

Good thing it's a slow day.

Couple quick suggestions/observations I havent seen yet (although I admittedly skipped a couple pages in the mid-20s on this thread)

1. If this object is a hubcap, I take issue with the way the lighting looks on the edge of it. It is lit, rather than shaded, which gives the impression the edges are at a different angle when compared to the stock photos that have been supplied here.

I too thought that there was too much light under the left side if it was low to the ground. Seems pretty high up.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

If memory serves, there have been two members in this thread who wrote of being from that area and seeing ufos. One member in particular said that this photo gave him chills when he saw it, as it was the closest match to he had witnessed.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm from the New Kensington area of PA, probably about 40 miles North or so of Uniontown. I go down here every year and stay at the Laurel Hill state park for a camping trip. That's near Somerset, Pa, off of route 31. This year, I decided to take a ride thru Kecksberg on the way home, so I got on 982 and went thru. It's a very nice little town, didn't see anything exciting. But if you live in this area, or visit this area and want a good place to watch the skies, down in the mountains in Laurel Hill park is on top of a big mountain/hill and it's so dark and beautiful in the summer, perfect spot for watching for activity. I've never seen anything but would LOVE to see a UFO, I always have a camera with me when I go here.

Sorry for the off-topic post...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I think this black and white photograph was taken with a non SLR camera, possibly a 35mm, the lens was not great, and the film speed, judging from the lack of grain was slow, 100ASA or less. The shutter speed would also have been fairly slow, so forget flying hubcaps or chicken pies because there is no motion blur.

An apparent lack of sky detail is because the eye can see better than film, and in days gone by we used a yellow filter to increase contrast to show the clouds and enhance edges of light objects.
The little man bottom left is more likely a local fixer failure, or minor damage to the negative.
There is no sign of a double exposure, i.e. where two photos are taken on one negative.

Recently, after getting old 2x2 b&w negs digitized, when using photoshop to touch up the scratches, dust specks, and other flaws, I noticed little sprites, small straight lines which I thought were micro scratches on the neg or something peculiar to digitizing, they were not strings holding something.
I used to do my own film and print processing, and pre 1980 I tried some Konica paper.
1987? History is made by whoever writes it, and seldom is anyone any the wiser.

Any digital "ufo" photos are possible fakes. A cop who is an accomplished amateur photographer and ex computer programmer once told me he had a program that could produce digital photographs capable of fooling a court. This could not be so with an old fashioned film negative.

The sleuths here on ATS have digitally enhanced and dissected the black & white photo presented by the OP, and I am of the opinion that here we have a ufo photo that is not readily debunkable and worthy of further study.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Newsflash of sorts:

I was just watching "UFO FILES" on H2, the episode about Cattle Mutilations, and they flashed a picture of this (OP's father's friend's UFO) UFO at about 5 minutes into the show!

I don't know which was first, your picture or the picture they used for this show, but they showed it!

Maybe somebody can find the show online, I was on my way to bed and had to turn the computer back on just to post this.

I stand corrected, and apologize to everyone I have annoyed trying to prove this to be a real photo. I am nowhere near as sure about it being so, now.

I worked in photography, an "old school" "cut and paste" job, where we created logos and adverts for different things, like signage. I basically cut, pasted, on a light table, then took a picture and developed it for advertising. I got the job through my art teacher in high school, so maybe the OP's father had some interest in this as an artist.

I hope someone can find the UFO Files I'm talking about, it's still on right now... maybe they'll show the same pic again.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Hello, I think I found the episode and picture you are referring to, I believe this was first aired in 2008..

www.youtube.com...

Look at 5:40 in video.
Since this is my first reply, I am not sure how to upload the PIC i saved
cheers!
Great Thread ,,,,

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by thepixelpusher

If memory serves, there have been two members in this thread who wrote of being from that area and seeing ufos. One member in particular said that this photo gave him chills when he saw it, as it was the closest match to he had witnessed.

That's me. I'm from Ohio but my sighting occurred at a family event very near to where this photo was presumably taken. I like the pic a lot. It does look similar to the saucer I saw, especially the blunt edge of the rim. You just don't see that on saucer pictures very often.

My gut tells me it's not a hub cap, but I'm no photo analyst. But I have seen insects that resemble leafs. From a distance they would be indistinguishable. Doesn't mean the insect is really a leaf.

Staying tuned.....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchertx

Ok, I think I got the picture process now, ( nice feature btw )

Here is the PIC from 5:40.. the image has a varying degree of clearness in the VID, I may not have the clearest shot

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers!
edit on 1-12-2011 by sanchertx because: fix picture

edit on 1-12-2011 by sanchertx because: fix picture

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

History Channel UFO vvv

Op'sUFO vvv

edit on 1-12-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
For fun, I've sharpened and color corrected in PS. It's another perspective anyway.
i41.tinypic.com...
i43.tinypic.com...

edit on 2-12-2011 by AnnunakiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

No, I think the one I meant comes on at 5:35 in the video.

Either way I was WRONG again!

Well, it was late, and I guess I wasn't paying much attention to it. It was only on for a second...

I apologize again! I'll bow out on that note.

Edit to apologize again to the OP, and his Dad.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Dogdish because: (no reason given)

Another edit to say:
I've been looking at the UFO at 5:35 some more, and it's very close to the OP picture, I think. Maybe the same UFO, different picture!

THAT would be cool. What does everybody think about the similarity?
(I never really figured out how to imbed a picture from a video, if someone would do it for me I'd appreciate it!)
5:35 - 5:37 in the above video.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
First sorry for my bad English I can read it, but writing it is something else

This here is an interesting picture but it's not much to work with because it is very grainy
and it does not have many details.
but I have done a HDR Toning in Photoshop and that's what I think I see.

1 whole left side is overexposed and almost wiped out, but that you can now see the top of the object
2 and 3 edges are now also visible.
3 and 4 there are two curves on the bottom
So my conclusion is that it is not a hubcap, and the image is not composed in photoshop, I do not know what it is and perhaps we will never know.
If you want to see what I have done to the image here, you can see my (I've made a clip) Photoshop screen if you are familiar with photoshop
you know what you're looking at

the object.jpg

edit on 2-12-2011 by peterfromdk because: The picture would not appear

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

I think the object you found 5:40 into that film was the closest thing I've seen yet to the type of craft in the photo. Great discovery!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

Thanks for those enlargements....They are really great.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Nice observations, Peter.

One thing I forgot to mention re: the Hubcap Theory - the vertical ridges/lines on the top cone of the UFO are much wider than the hubcap photos, which are more numerous and narrow.

OP,
If you spoke with/emailed the person from MUFON you mentioned earlier, perhaps suggest to him the similarity of this photo from the UFO Files we're now discussing. He might be familiar with it and be able to tell you the origin of it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dtrock78

Good idea. I haven't emailed back to MUFON yet after their initial contact two days ago, as I have some reservations about sending them the actual photo (one member recently gave an example of a case where someone never got their original photos back after sending them). My hope is that they are following this thread (I suggested that they do so...and that they now have the high-rez scans and are staying current with this ongoing debate.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by Dogdish

I think the object you found 5:40 into that film was the closest thing I've seen yet to the type of craft in the photo. Great discovery!

I'm thinking the one at 5:35, is that the one you mean?

Geez, somebody embed that one!

...Please?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

I believe so...wasn't it the second one shown after the b&w film of people watching?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I wish I could put the shot up here, but watching the video posted by imawlinn, shown here (I hope), just go to 5:30 in the video. (you can just start there without watching the part before)
When they show the two guys by the fence, pointing up, and then the guy with binoculars, the very next shot is the one I thought was the same as yours.

It starts at 5:36 (at least on my computer) and it's only shown until 5:38.

They zoom on it quickly three times, and it's gone. What do you think? Is it the one you were thinking of?

Maybe you could U2U imawlinn to please try and embed this one!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

y

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join