It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost photo of UFO found

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Are you saying there are no clouds in the photo of the OP ? if so could it be that there is low cloud as per mountain in the background and the trees? therefore the whole area is covered in thin mist?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of the 'string' theory. I saw it too, but it's almost too well defined (although faint) compared to the edge of the object. Having said that, I do believe it's a small object (~18 inches in diameter) suspended from above.

It actually looks like a round drinks tray with a jelly mould or a plastic bowl glued to the top, and a frisbee glued to the bottom...
edit on 28-11-2011 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Go for it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Are you saying there are no clouds in the photo of the OP ? if so could it be that there is low cloud as per mountain in the background and the trees? therefore the whole area is covered in thin mist?

Having lived here my entire life, I can tell you that this could be what we call "Haze" where we get a solid layer of clouds, high up in the atmosphere. It can look like the picture....so its impossible to really tell.

Also, keep this in mind for those looking for geography -- the hills in that area of Pennsylvania typically run North Easterly / South Easterly, along the Appalachian mountain range. So, you can use that to reference what direction the saucer is floating, taking consideration of the sunlight reflection, which I believe is coming from the left of the photographer.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I will say that while, in general, I am a proponent of 'String Theory' I am still not convinced in it where this photo is concerned. Looking at the actual photo itself (in various lighting) shows a variety of old scratches in the finish surface...including over the areas pointed out already. I might suggest that those with the ability to expertly examine this photo in depth,...look for additional scratch/line anomilies over the entire surface of the photo...and not just above the craft. What say you?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Nice photo. Would love to view the scanned version

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ooScotty

It's in the thread.. just gotta keep looking.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
In regards to the mentions of what appears to be a 'string' or 'antenna' mentioned in some earlier posts, I'd like to point out something I've found.

It may be nothing yet it may be something we've never seen before or it is proof of some form of attachment from above.

i30.photobucket.com...

Hope the p/bucket linking works..

Anyway, the image is cropped from the .tiff file and saved as a .png. It is from the very top of the photo to the bottom of the ufo.
If you look at the 'dome' of the ufo, you can see the portion that others have pointed out yet it also appears to travel a bit further down in front of the dome. There also appears to be another line curving up from the right hand side of the dome. Both lines curve upwards to merge and meet right at the top of the picture...

Now, is this 'strings' or wires to 'fly' the craft in order to get a photo, or is it some form of aerial vortex created by the energy/movement of the craft itself, if so, then we may be looking at something very new and unobserved before and may possibly require a revisit to every other photo of this kind.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

I literally sat there with my mouth hanging open watching that video! The posters of the video acted like it was real. I wanna say fake though. Do you have any info on it? Real or fake, thanks for posting it

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
In regards to the mentions of what appears to be a 'string' or 'antenna' mentioned in some earlier posts, I'd like to point out something I've found.

It may be nothing yet it may be something we've never seen before or it is proof of some form of attachment from above.

i30.photobucket.com...

Hope the p/bucket linking works..

Anyway, the image is cropped from the .tiff file and saved as a .png. It is from the very top of the photo to the bottom of the ufo.
If you look at the 'dome' of the ufo, you can see the portion that others have pointed out yet it also appears to travel a bit further down in front of the dome. There also appears to be another line curving up from the right hand side of the dome. Both lines curve upwards to merge and meet right at the top of the picture...

Now, is this 'strings' or wires to 'fly' the craft in order to get a photo, or is it some form of aerial vortex created by the energy/movement of the craft itself, if so, then we may be looking at something very new and unobserved before and may possibly require a revisit to every other photo of this kind.

Your enhanced picture looks like it may have some kind of mist or atmospheric/electromagnetic disturbance around the upper area.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

link   
My only issue with finding "mooring lines" in this picture is that the paper itself is cubic from why I can tell.. like a small grid work on the page. I have seen this before on old photos from the 70s (non-ufo related) and it seems to be a quality of the paper. So with that in mind, can that, via scanning and enhancement, create straight line relics?

example illustrated here: files.abovetopsecret.com...

only thing done to original TIFF is negative and edge detection with IrfanVw
edit on 11-28-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

link   
I know the OP can't answer to the intent of the sender..but this is something for the rest of you to think about:

A guy near Uniontown PA. takes a picture of a UFO on a film camera sometime in the 70's. He thinks it's cool---so he...... puts it in an envelope and sends it to his friend? Through the mail?

Why?

Maybe he took several pictures so he sends this guy's Dad just one of several. But we all know it's hard to get even ONE good picture of a UFO, right?

And I don't know about you, but I know who all of my parent's friends are.

Does the OP know who the sender is? If so, is he still alive?

edit on 28-11-2011 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Yes, you are right, I have also seen something of the like on the lower right edge and the lower left edge of the craft. I will try to get that portion of the photo done so you can see what I have seen... but to describe, it looks like the 'air' bulges outwards on the right, but appears to be 'slip streamed' on the left.. possibly indicating direction of travel..
here it is..

i30.photobucket.com...

Look at the left again and you may just make out what appears to be 'fling off', but it could be the clouds behind creating that image..

edit on 28-11-2011 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Wether real or not..

this is a great thread and all you ATS'rs are the best..

Great pic OP.....

Thanks for sharing it with us..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
cool pic, you can totally see a dome at the top, i dont know whether its real or fake but it looks nice.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by IAMTAT

That will be fine, I guess we all can wait one day.

You don't happen to have any other stuff from your father that could be related to this?

No, I really don't have anything else. Dad wasn't really into ufo's or anything like that so I just assume it was a photo someone he knew from his childhood (dad grew up in the Uniontown area of Pennsylvania) who took it and sent it to him because he thought it was cool.

Is your Mom still around to ask about this. Maybe she knows more of the story behind the photo.
I am sorry for your loss.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hi all , I may be wrong but I dont think the brandname Konica Existed in the 70s,It was renamed in 1987,

"Originally Konica film and paper was sold under the brand name of "Sakura" meaning Cherry Blossom in English."

en.wikipedia.org...

So can someone confirm that konica photopaper did not exist in the 70s (the back of the photo is printed konica 100)

If it didnt then this photo is post 1987.............

Sometimes the rear of ufo photographs are more useful than the image........

link to the history of konica...confiming not called konica until 87

www.konicaminolta.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Good find, but it only proves a couple of things:

1) The negatives were not printed until long after the picture was taken (would explain the "circa" part if the photographer really didn't recall the year

OR

2) Whoever wrote that text on the back was incorrect about the year and the writing is much newer than the photograph.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I too noticed the regular squares in the paper, I have also checked the image in "negative" color and can't make out any other wires...however, I feel that the image is probably a double negative, looking at the edges you can see fogging.

Also, the tree in the foreground on the left hand side has to be close to the photographer for the leaves to appear so large in comparison to the saucer.

I'll do a diagram to illustrate my point.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join