It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost photo of UFO found

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Possible bad news folks. There appears to be a string/cable at the top of the "ship" as shown in this enhanced view in Photoshop.

I can see a vertical line, as well as some sort of mooring at the very center/top of the artifact. I have two BLUE lines pointing to it.

LINK

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

Has anyone ever seen a UFO so misshapen? The bottom appears to drift out to the left while the middle-top leans further right, away from its own base. Odd.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

I think thats just how the sun is hitting the UFO in question. Also, it does appear to be metallic. I'm thinking perhaps it wasn't stationary and perhaps tilted back and to the right of the photographer, which is why we can't see much of the top of the craft but the bottom and it's shadow are very pronounced.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I was just looking at that as well. I didn't see where you pointed out though I was looking a little bit above that crop. If you look a little above the UFO there is an area that looks like a bit more defined string going right down into what would be the objects center of gravity.

Sorry OP, I think this might be some bad news. Still not positive though I think I see a string.
edit on 28-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm not so sure about that. The line you point out looks bent or broken to me, about a quarter way up from the "top" of the craft. That doesn't look straight and natural as a fishing line would appear.

link   

Originally posted by Jason88

Has anyone ever seen a UFO so misshapen that falls into this category of design? The bottom appears to drift out to the left while the middle-top leans further right, away from its own base. Odd.

I think the object is totally symmetrical, but the lighting when the photo was taken makes it harder to distinguish. It's like the moon being lit from one side.

link   
Of course this is saving a high res .tiff as a jpeg, but I think you can see what I am seeing here:

Darn Google...this is the larger version, I hope.

And someone beat me to it.

edit on 11/28/2011 by NuminousCosmos because: fixing stuff

link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Possible bad news folks. There appears to be a string/cable at the top of the "ship" as shown in this enhanced view in Photoshop.

I can see a vertical line, as well as some sort of mooring at the very center/top of the artifact. I have two BLUE lines pointing to it.

This 'mooring at the very centre top of the UFO' must have been pretty high up looking at the photo, look how high those trees are. Pretty impressive stuff if its a hoax.
edit on 28-11-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
reply to post by Jason88

Unless its tilted when it came in to view - For example it could have shot from the trees at an angle
edit on 28-11-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

Interesting. So this thing, if we are to take it as real for the fun of it, is shifting to fire off in the direction it intends to travel.

I've thought photos taken of UFOs that are shot with a good camera, but come out blurry, are because the craft is gyrating at such an intense speed that even a fast camera can't catch it in a still, clear frame (like the UFO has its own built-in blurriness feature related to its motion). But, maybe this photo is clear because the UFO is in mid-motion about to start traveling again, and it's misshapen because that's the direction its intends to shoot off to.

Edit: Thanks others for bringing in the lighting aspect and tilt. It could be that too...

link   

How can we be sure that line isn't a scratch on the photo?
I'm perfectly willing to believe it's a hoaxed photo, just thinking.

link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
Of course this is saving a high res .tiff as a jpeg, but I think you can see what I am seeing here:

I'm not seeing it, not that I don't want to not see it, but I really don't see it, all I see is a blue arrow. Can you enlarge and clear up the part where you see a string further?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Here is another enhanced zoom...showing the pixels that make up the "string" pointing slightly to the left at about -5 degrees.

LINK
edit on 28-11-2011 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I agree I had already wrote that but I changed my mind, I couldn't explain it without sounding like a child with a space rocket. I agree the object was stationary at the time and could well have been positioning itself.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Your standard Billy Meier style hoax photo. Probably just someone having a bit of fun with your dad or probably passed through multiple hands first before getting to you. It's quite easy to do something like this, especially with a string as others pointed out that there appears to be. It's all about forced perspective.
forgetomori.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Only photos with multiple independent credible eye witnesses, unaltered source photos/video, expert analyzed and so on are the only things that should even be debated imo. This is just another random picture with a completely unconfirmed story, dime a dozen on the internet and mostly useless. Thanks for the effort though.
edit on 28-11-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

I was just looking at that as well. I didn't see where you pointed out though I was looking a little bit above that crop. If you look a little above the UFO there is an area that looks like a bit more defined string going right down into what would be the objects center of gravity.

Sorry OP, I think this might be some bad news.
edit on 28-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

That okay. I just want to know the truth of this...whatever it is. I'm still optimistic that it could be the real deal.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ifbyland2ifbydebitcard

I'm having troubles with this to. The supposed line doesn't run all the way up to the top of the photo. I'm definitely on the fence. Could be fake, could be real. I'll wait to see what other info comes in. Still very exciting.

link   

reply to post by RSF77

Here is another enhanced zoom...showing the pixels that make up the "string" pointing slightly to the left at about -5 degrees.

LINK

Yep I can see a definite line. Are you able to prove that this is a line holding the object up and not a line on the photograph do you have the software to do that >?

link   
Dear OP, How much is the original picture You own worth ? - what's Your´s price ?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sorry about the pic, PicasaWeb is still a new fangled thing for me...let me try again.

link   

Originally posted by callacas
Dear OP, How much is the original picture You own worth ? - what's Your´s price ?

Gentleman at the back, $35,000 going once, going twice, Sold to callacas for $35,000.

link   

reply to post by RSF77

LINK

Who is to say that it's not an antenna? We're not sure if UFOs have them or not.

This is gettin' good.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join