It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flooding Expected Tonight 27th November Along Norfolk and Suffolk Coast because of Storm Surge !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just a quick heads up to anyone along those areas that you might be getting your feet wet over the next few hours....

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.environment-agency.gov.uk...

Apparently related to the storm in the North sea combined with a high tide..usual stuff but can be devasting to those affected by this sort of thing........

Changing weather ?? We had one of these not so long ago and they are meant to happen infrequently I thought??

Regards

PDUK

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
When is high tide?

eta: nevermind, it says 19:50. Would be interesting to get an update on this.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Says from 19.50 this evening then for the next 5 hours.....

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
From my understanding these (and Meteotsunamis) are quite common along our coast lines.. which I why I chose to live on the high ground where I am.

My thoughts are with those who are in at risk areas and my hopes are this develops into nothing

edit on 27/11/11 by thoughtsfull because: Doh Meteotsunamis not metatsunamis... *shakes head my poor almost Freudian spelling mistake*

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Well you got my attention. I live near Norfolk but way on the other side of the pond in Norfolk Virginia. We get tidal flooding often here. Parts of the city are below sea level. We have flood gates on the tunnels that go under the Chesapeake Bay and The Elizabeth river.
We have a saying here that goes:

If you want to live near the water sometimes you have to expect to live in the water.

Not fun and certainly raises those insurance rates through the clouds.

Good luck to anyone of the coast.

new topics

top topics

join