It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible has been changed ( rewritten )

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
I would just like to point out, as it strikes me as both very funny and sad, that we are here on an Internet site debating the truth and power of the "word of God" , while the ad at the top of my page is a close up of a woman's ass (nice ass, btw) with a striped, triangle bikini. Does that not ring any bells for what the triangle, the holy Trinity has been turned into vis a vis, this methodology and form of communication, and by extension, our political structure and what it is intended to "initiate,". The mother of the world and all life as nothing more than T & A, if I need to explain those abbreviations, you probably wouldn't understand my point anyway..... Just a thought

Hahahaha, that just rings true for what you search for and look at on the internet. Most ads "tune" in to what the user of the computer looks at the most. Mine usually shows comic book ads.

link   
reply to post by randyvs

Great thread and amazing video. I enjoyed it. Flag and Star for you!

link   

Originally posted by Falcifer
Has the whole roman Piso thing being debunked?

Yes, the core of the old testament, The Torah, predates Rome.

Amid large fanfare, the Torah was translated into the Greek language. Starting in 300 BCE and completed in 132 BCE.

Rome which previously had been a republic (largely under the Greeks), did not rise as an Empire until Julias Caesar declared himself a perpetual dictator in 44 BCE and defeated his opposition at the Battle of Actium (2 September 31 BCE). The final legal acknowledgement of Empire was on 4 January 27 BCE when the Senate granted Octavian the honorific of "Augustus".

Essentially, the Torah was published widely over 100 years before the rise of the Roman Empire.

The Piso thing is also not supported by any historical documentation either (as we'd expect from pure fiction).
edit on 27/11/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggo1
www.youtube.com...

Council of Nicaea myth debunked

Oh good, a youtube video where someone expresses his own opinion without any sources to back it up. Gotta love religious people!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by superman2012

Show me the original to the Odyssey by Homer, or else it was obviously edited to control people.

Indeed. Please justify how this correlates to a major religion...or did someone forget to eat their troll food?

The science of verifying the authenticity of ancient documents.

Google it. Or go look on page 3, where I gave a couple of examples.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I already said I would do that. So either go to the trouble or keep your shirt on. I haven't refuted you yet.

I'd keep my shirt on but it's soo hot in here. hahaha, I eagerly await your conclusions.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

reply to post by metaldemon2000

I asked you to prove it. If you cant do that you believe a lie.
Something well documented should be easily produced.

Dear randyvs,

if I were you, I would choose my words more carefully.

I remember a previous thread of yours, where you failed to prove that we have any historically accurate reference to support Jesus Christ's existence, or objective evidence that your believes are factually true.

So, should you still believe in Jesus Christ's existence, then according to your own words... you believe in a lie.
edit on 27-11-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

Is that even what's being dicussed here ? Prove I believe a lie if you really have too.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

It's hot where you are ?
That's kind of funny. I'll get on your links but I may be awhile cause I don't claim any speed so be patient. Going there now.
edit on 27-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by randyvs

It was left out because it is very contradictory to what the bible attempts to illustrate. Jesus as an enlightened being when in fact he was just a man.

Tell me then why it is when the templars were excavating the temple of soloman during the first crusade and allegedly found the ark of the covenant that they immediately switched their religious views to a more Gnostic viewpoint??

This is a story. There is no historical evidence that this actually occurred. The Arc of the Covenant would have been removed from the temple before AD 70 (when the temple was burned to the ground) or destroyed in the fire. After the destruction of the Temple, the Romans were instructed to "leave no stone resting upon another". They even dug up the foundations of the Temple and turned up the underlying soil.

When the Templars arrived hundreds of years later, there was nothing left.

They either made up the story to seem self important or were sold a fake. It wouldn't be the first time.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Is that even what's being dicussed here? Prove I believe a lie if you really have too.

I don't have to.
According to your words you already did it yourself.
All I'm saying is choose your words more carefully.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hahaha, that IS funny...but just proves, if that's true, there's really something wrong in determining my identity or what I do on the Internet, as I am a heterosexual woman who doesn't look at women's asses on the Internet.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Show me the original to the Odyssey by Homer, or else it was obviously edited to control people.

Indeed. Please justify how this correlates to a major religion...or did someone forget to eat their troll food?

The science of verifying the authenticity of ancient documents.

Google it. Or go look on page 3, where I gave a couple of examples.

The Odyssey by Homer does not have followers that proclaim that Homer is the son of God. They do not kill people that don't believe that their book is right. They do not make silly threads asking for proof that this poem was real and everything in it is 100% right. They do not claim that this entire poem (which most likely started as a song) happened exactly as described, or happened at all. So, no. I do not follow your infantile comparison of a book, that was NEVER meant to control people, to your Book, which was clearly meant to do the opposite. Look up the word analogy in the dictionary if you still don't understand.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
And don't mean to be a pain in the ass, Randy, but I gave you a sourced quote from the King James, Scoffield version, and quoted verbatim as to revision, and since supposedly that's what the thread is about......

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I thought it was a known fact, I believe the bible has been changed, yes.

Great youtube video.. please watch

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

It is a known fact, some people just can't be flexible on religion and can't or won't realize that some men that wrote a book long time ago, could have made some mistakes. Social norms and values change as the years go by, and any religion, society, rules/laws that don't change with the times are destined to fail. Religion changes. Get over it. The vatican now says that ET's are ok in their book!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I read most of this thread and am only seeing the naysayers pointing out translation differences. Let me give an observation from the Ancient Hebrew Lexicon. The Bible, no matter the translation, relates symbols of Biblical characters who all lead us to the central story of salvation. This story is summarized in the name of the LORD. YHVH is Yud Hey Vav Hey. The Ancient Hebrew pictographs easily translate this to "Behold (a great work) the Hand, Behold the Nail. The story of Jesus (LORD) and His struggle against a fallen world to bring salvation. The Great Work is this. I can further show the story in summary from the 22 Hebrew letters.

*snip*

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions of Use – Please Review This Link.

19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, or URL for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
edit on 28-11-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions of Use – Please Review This Link.

19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, or URL for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
edit on 28-11-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I read most of this thread and am only seeing the naysayers pointing out translation differences.

Perhaps you should have read all of the thread. Here are two besides my own points that have been largely ignored and overlooked.

One

and two.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I hope no one takes me the wrong way, I don't have a problem with Religion. I only have problems with people that say they are right about a book that was written anywhere from 3000-2000 years ago, without knowing how it was originally meant to be interpreted. Tell everyone that your way is your belief, tell them your opinion, but don't tell them they are wrong because they don't believe what you do. Do you think Jesus would do that?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

reply to post by SuperiorEd

I read most of this thread and am only seeing the naysayers pointing out translation differences.

Perhaps you should have read all of the thread. Here are two besides my own points that have been largely ignored and overlooked.

One

and two.

Thanks.. was beginning to think I was invisible.

I also have no issues with Christians.. they can believe whatever they like...it's their lives. I only really have issues with them when they start trying to control governments and laws and such based on their opinion and slant on the way things are.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join