It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible has been changed ( rewritten )

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
The bible has been changed many times by kings and corrupt biblical authorities over the years to better control the populace. This is actually well documented.

. . .

And yet you fail to provide the proof?

The Tanakh has pretty much gone unchanged for a few thousand years.

Please see Dead Sea Scrolls.

As for the B'rit Hadasha . . .

There are approximately 5,500 copies in existence that contain all or part of the New Testament.

The New Testament was written from about A.D. 50 to A.D. 90. The earliest fragment (p. 52) dates about A.D. 120, with about fifty other fragments dating within 150–200 years from the time of composition.

Two major manuscripts, Codex Vaticanus (A.D. 325) and Codex Sinaiticus (A.D. 350), a complete copy, date within 250 years of the time of composition. This may seem like a long time span, but it is minimal compared to most ancient works.

The earliest copy of Caesar's The Gallic Wars dates 1,000 years after it was written, and the first complete copy of the Odyssey by Homer dates 2,200 years after it was written. When the interval between the writing of the New Testament and earliest copies is compared to other ancient works, the New Testament proves to be much closer to the time of the original.

F. F. Bruce makes the following observation: "The evidence for our New Testament writings is ever so much greater than the evidence for many writings of classical authors, the authenticity of which no one dreams of questioning."

He also states, "And if the New Testament were a collection of secular writings, their authenticity would generally be regarded as beyond all doubt" (The New Testament Documents: Are They Reliable? p. 15).
Sir Frederic Kenyon, former director and principal librarian of the British Museum, was one of the foremost experts on ancient manuscripts and their authority. Shortly before his death, he wrote this concerning the New Testament:

"The interval between the dates of original composition (of the New Testament) and the earliest extant evidence becomes so small as to be in fact negligible, and the last foundation for any doubt that the Scriptures have come down to us substantially as they were written has now been removed. Both the authenticity and the general integrity of the books of the New Testament may be regarded as finally established" (The Bible and Archaeology, pp. 288-89).

No matter how much you wish it to be so, the scriptures that we have now are pretty damn accurate to the originals.

What is your definition of "pretty damn accurate?"

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I agree, the bible is slowly being rewritten so as to congeal religion into a world religion so as to eliminate it eventually. The Khazar / illuminati agenda is pretty clear about this. they infiltrate all religions, make them invalid and install a NWO version the same way they slowly impoverish and enslave us. subtle changes that eventually lead to you grandkids not knowing there was once a bill of rights or a constitution. Its sick.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by chr0naut

I would but I don't hoid Catholocism to be a church that follows the teachings of Christ in anyway,
edit on 27-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Which church do you think does?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesherlock

That's a tuff one. But I like Calvary Chapel a lot. Strong on praise and song and just plain worship. Then never along drawn out sermon. Usually something to do with good moral ethics without the fire and brimestone. Then back to praise, song and worship to close it out. Ya, Calvary. They make an effort to bridge the gap between young people and God. There seems to always be a Christian rock band or some form of decent entertainment.
I've seen comedians to well performed reinactments. Pretty cool really.
edit on 4-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

That's a tuff one. But I like Calvary Chapel a lot. Strong on praise and song and just plain worship. Then never along drawn out sermon. Usually something to do with good moral ethics without the fire and brimestone. Then back to praise, song and worship to close it out. Ya, Calvary. They make an effort to bridge the gap between young people and God. There seems to always be a Christian rock band or some form of decent entertainment.
I've seen comedians to well performed reinactments. Pretty cool really.
edit on 4-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Yes but like, want, desire have nothing at all to do with what actually is, or is good! I personally like the Buddhists the best, but that doesnt mean that they will be saved or hold the truth, it is merely a reflection of my personal likes. Too often we confuse the words, Good and Like!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Its not like the stories have been changed, because alot of stuff has been proven in the bible, so if anything was changed its just words/meanings.... since its been translated alot, but what it preaches is all the same.... and it still works for alot of people. IMO its too complex to be made up.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I see. In that case I like whatever is good.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

And what is "Good?"

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesherlock

And what is "Good?"

In regards to worship services,.. anything that glorifies the Lord in spirit and in truth.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Study History or look at Hollywood today and you can see the jewish people were always able to change what was written.

Gods special people are worse than Hitlers SS Guards and via the banking system have been able to rule the world but thats all about to blow up now with the economy being unable to work on hot air so quick let go bomb Syria, Iran, Russia, China, India, Brazil, everyone and say it was all written in a bible 2000 years ago.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

And what is "Good?"

In regards to worship services,.. anything that glorifies the Lord in spirit and in truth.

But what is good beyond the meagher trappings of Christian beliefs and values? I am asking the question in a universal manner.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

And what is "Good?"

But what is good beyond the meagher trappings of Christian beliefs and values? I am asking the question in a universal manner.

There is nothing in existence outside of His Lordship. Besides, your own context for "good" was Christian worship services, so why move the goalposts now?

edit on 5-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I'm hoping the superbowl is a "good "one this year. This is really starting to stagnate Mike. Perhaps you can move past this point on to something with" some meat on the bone", so to speak ?

Unless you're going somewhere with this of course ?
edit on 5-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Hi Dayve -

You Wrote:

QUOTE "...It's not like the stories have been changed, because alot of stuff has been proven in the Bible, so if anything was changed its just words/meanings....it's been translated alot, but what it preaches is all the same..."

UNQUOTE

What stories in the 'bible' (whatever that is) exactly have NOT been changed?

Are you referring to the Hebrew 'bible' via the Masoretic text versions? Or are you referring to the Greek Septuaginta LXX Old Testament translations (from around 250 BCE) which is a translation from ANOTHER Hebrew set of consonants (i.e. a Heb consonantal Vorlage textual underlay), differing from the later Masoretic by more than 14% if you count letter for letter and word for word (see the Book of the prophet Jeremiah, which differs in the LXX Greek Seputaginta from the later Masoretic vowelled versions by more than 24 % counting letter for letter - comprising 13 different whole chapters of text !!!)

Or are you referring to the Latin Vulgate? Or the King James Version? (newsflash : these two versions DO NOT MATCH by more than 19% counting word for word)

Or exactly what are you talking about, precisely?

Also what exactly 'has been proven' in the 'bible' about anytthing? Do you REALLY believe in resurrections and virgin births and talking snakes and donkeys that can speak fluent paleoHebrew?

Exactly what are you saying?

Do tell, I would be very curious to know....also, where do you get your jejune premise about the 'bible' from? Sunday school?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well, one could say yes, things have been added to what is the original words, and interpretations taken that were never there.

Also, the 10 commandments, have been completely rewritten. The actual ones, have nothing in them to suggest their elohim Yahweh intended on starting a religion. It was an agreement to be loyal to him and serve him, and he was going to help them murder all the inhabitants of the land they wanted to steal An Et that didn't operate from Non-Interference apparently.

Though corporal enough to use crafts, technology, to eat, grow tired, and even be mortal, able to die.

www.askmehelpdesk.com...

That they rewrote out of thin air a completely different set of commands, implies a real agenda to control a population they were exploiting, and implies they wanted them extra well behaved to save military costs. And the "they" involved wasn't the Elohim, but the wanna be elites.

edit on 5-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We had a friend, a ex priest and world known archeologist who has confirmed that many books were removed from the Bible as well as totally rewritten and mistranslated.

Totally mistranslated. And yes X knew had a degree in Linguistics and History.

X's word is good enough for me - he was a honest, decent and very intelligent man.

There is so much proof out there..............don't be lazy and have everyone else do the leg work for you.

Do the research yourself.

Example: In the translation of the Dead Sea Scrolls, one letter was left off.

The correct translation for God should read Gods (plural).

The bible is the standard base of christianity- and the bible is politically and logically flawed in every possible way. Christians claim it is the unchanging word of god, and yet it has been changed more than perhaps any other religious document. Plus, all the detailed trappings of christianity were borrowed from paganism.

I find it funny when christians claim "only the king james bible is accurate" when it's actually one of the worst translations you can possibly get.

It's also funny that while the majority of theologians agree the biblical story of Revelation is a falsely canonized, highly political swipe at ancient Rome, most laypeople within the protestant tradition believe it is a literal depiction of the apocalypse, which even the catholic church is intelligent enough to denounce as foolish.

I get angry at times, at christians, when they shut off their logical faculties and instead rely on such misunderstood, mistranslated books for their eternal beliefs
edit on 5-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

And what is "Good?"

There is nothing in existence outside of His Lordship. Besides, your own context for "good" was Christian worship services, so why move the goalposts now?

edit on 5-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Because your goal posts, i.e Christian ones, are but one meagher fragment, one minor possibility of truth and goodness, they constitute your personal map of reality, not reality itself.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I'm hoping the superbowl is a "good "one this year. This is really starting to stagnate Mike. Perhaps you can move past this point on to something with" some meat on the bone", so to speak ?

Unless you're going somewhere with this of course ?

If we cannot even resolve this initial point, this fundamental issue, then what is the point of moving on. It is like trying to clean a house, but avoiding cleaning the messiest room, it is simply cognitive laziness!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Alright, objection over ruled. Please continue.

As long as you're making a point I'm cool.

I'll say scrouples are good.

Belief in Christ is very good. Because it makes sense that our Heavenly Father would send someone to save us.
To save us from our transgressions of which the wages are, as sown into the fabric of the universe, there by constituting the laws of the uni-verse. Which so designate that to go against the Creator of this uni- verse. down to even disobeying him. Results in death. which when I think very deep and hard about it ? Makes perfect universal sense to me. Because why not put a fail safe into existence when you have so much awesome power ?
Like a God, being an existence above our own should have. What is so hard for people to believe when God is really just the highest form of existence ?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
reply to post by dayve

Hi Dayve -

You Wrote:

QUOTE "...It's not like the stories have been changed, because alot of stuff has been proven in the Bible, so if anything was changed its just words/meanings....it's been translated alot, but what it preaches is all the same..."

UNQUOTE

What stories in the 'bible' (whatever that is) exactly have NOT been changed?

Are you referring to the Hebrew 'bible' via the Masoretic text versions? Or are you referring to the Greek Septuaginta LXX Old Testament translations (from around 250 BCE) which is a translation from ANOTHER Hebrew set of consonants (i.e. a Heb consonantal Vorlage textual underlay), differing from the later Masoretic by more than 14% if you count letter for letter and word for word (see the Book of the prophet Jeremiah, which differs in the LXX Greek Seputaginta from the later Masoretic vowelled versions by more than 24 % counting letter for letter - comprising 13 different whole chapters of text !!!)

Or are you referring to the Latin Vulgate? Or the King James Version? (newsflash : these two versions DO NOT MATCH by more than 19% counting word for word)

Or exactly what are you talking about, precisely?

Also what exactly 'has been proven' in the 'bible' about anytthing? Do you REALLY believe in resurrections and virgin births and talking snakes and donkeys that can speak fluent paleoHebrew?

Exactly what are you saying?

Do tell, I would be very curious to know....also, where do you get your jejune premise about the 'bible' from? Sunday school?

IDK but from what i have heard the KJV is not much different from what it really says. Its probably alot more than 19% givin the coherency of the scriptures.... Me personally, I believe the resurrection and next time you celebrate easter ask yourself why you do (if you do). Its possible now, could have been then. And when she had the birth she was young probably about 12-15 so yea i believe she was a virgin, especially back then with the laws they went by. How she got pregnant? IDK, think about how woman can get pregnant now without having sex. Talking serpents? Not so much, im sure it was a man with a serpent with him if anything. Talking donkeys? Where in the bible does it have talking donkeys? I actually have read the bible and gone to church, this is all just what you want to believe thats the whole point. If you dont, your just going to want people to throw proof in your face, thats something you need to find on your own. I am not a religious person but im no dummy...

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join