It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin accepts nomination to run for president in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm beginning to wonder how the recent military manuevers by the Russians and Putin's potential Presidency will effect the outcome of the heightened military aggression in the middle East.

Source

MOSCOW, Nov. 27 (Xinhua) -- Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Sunday accepted the nomination by the ruling United Russia party to run for president in next March's election.

"I am grateful to (President) Dmitry Medvedev and the United Russia congress for nominating me as candidate and for the proposal to run for president of the Russian Federation. I accept this proposal with gratitude, of course," Putin told the ruling party's congress.

edit on 27-11-2011 by Daedal because: added text

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Honestly..

I don't always agree with the man and hold the motivations behind some of his activities suspect but, I can't help but like the guy a little.

He is not afraid to speak his mind out in the open +
He is former KGB and does a lot of nefarious activities in the dark -

So, Six of one, Half a dozen of the other.
Also he being nominated...Does this surprise anyone?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Also he being nominated...Does this surprise anyone?

Not in the least. Medvedev has just been a figurehead anyway. Might as well put the name to the one that is in control.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
LOL... I am sure he had to do long periods of soul searching followed by the Russian people twisting his arm mighty hard to get him to reluctantly accept his old job back. What a trooper. What a fellow... The things he does for his country...

Back in the real world now...did anyone think Putin would NOT return as Russia's leader? He threw a puppet into the cat bird seat while the worst of what he saw coming for economic horror came and went. I think he always intended to jump back in the drivers seat when that phase passed and the time for military action came. Well... We're leaving the economic phase and the military one ought to be in full swing by the time Putin officially takes power back. Wow... shocking.. whooda thunk it?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't know much about the Russia voting system, but do the people have a 'fair' vote? If so, why would the Russia people vote in a dictator with a billion dollar house?

What I would really like to see would be a 2012 Presidential debate between the nominees of Russia and the U.S.

edit on 27-11-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Dmitry Medvedev was Putin's puppet for a while.

Good thing, hope Putin wins, he's far more dangerous when working behind the scenes, than he is as a public figure and leader.

And even more dangerous when he is in disguise...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d763fe961b0c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Lol! In Soviet Russia girl is Putin.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I see a lot of unsmiling faces around him. I must remark on the quality of his dress up there. Hollywood could take some lessons in how he managed a chest so believable. Of course we could sit back and ask which is disguise and which is the real Putin? Never mind... Jokes like that are probably why all the long faces around him. I'll bet some quiet things were said before 'Mrs'. Putin strolled in about Lubyanka and the multiple uses for smoke stacks and creative types of fuel to feed them.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Russia will probably have the same stance with him as president as they do now. I can imagine if war does break out though that they'll have more confidence in him rather than Medvedev. Medvedev has basically just kept the throne warm for Putin anyway.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I kinda like Putin too. At least he never started WWIII, and kept imperialistic nation building to a reasonable level. That would be near zero.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Clearly Medvedev was not the one who was running the show. But what makes you think that Putin ran the show? I think he is just a figurehead too. Important one, much more important then Medvedev certainly. But not the one calling the shots most of the time.
My guess - Russia is ran by several powerful groups representing FSB (Putin), Army, criminal world,oil/gas/military corporations and ctr. This is why elections are rigged and opposition is silenced. FSB is probably most influencing, but it has to obey the rules of the game.

new topics

top topics

join