It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we stop taking delight in the suffering of others please?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Since when is it okay to disrespect your fellow humans? A lot of members here talk about their enemies as though they are dogs and animals,

yet

I noticed there were one or two Iranian members trying to have a debate - yet other (shall we say slightly retarded members)

So people should respect other members except for you.............apprently calling them out on a forum, and then calling them retarded to boot........

can we spell hypocrisy

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
OP, you should not let the opinions of others get you down. People are entitled to their opinions whether controversial or not. I agree there is a lot of nonsense that graces many threads around here lately, but I am not going to lose any sleep over it. Most of the time I tend to get a snicker or giggle by some of it, and I move to what is more pertinent.

Opinions are like rear-ends and everyone has got them. If you are looking for politically correct content and self-censorship? Then maybe another site is more appropriate for you? I actually enjoy the converging opinions by many on here. Some are a bit much, but you will find those opinions anywhere whether in the break room at work or at the local tavern. It is just the way of the world. Everyone should be able to voice there opinion as they wish as long as it does not violate the rules of ATS. That is my take on it. Just ignore the nonsense, and it won't bother you so much.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

So people should respect other members except for you.............apprently calling them out on a forum, and then calling them retarded to boot........

calling someone retarded for being rude and aggresive to people from another country in a very derogatory manner with insinuations of wanting their whole country to be nuked.. is not being hypocritical.

what would be hypocritical is if he said he wanted them the rude and agressive ones to be nuked.. did he say that?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yes I admit my hypocrisy, I was angry and maybe on reflection some of the people who actively say these things were probably angry too.

I should have led by example, but I was infuriated at the banality of such stuff, and sometimes I find it hard not to respond to them. But insulting someone's intelligence doesn't equate to 'nuking the son'so'bitches' or wanting a whole nation eradicated just because of the actions of a few.

See my point?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
OP, you should not let the opinions of others get you down. People are entitled to their opinions whether controversial or not. I agree there is a lot of nonsense that graces many threads around here lately, but I am not going to lose any sleep over it. Most of the time I tend to get a snicker or giggle by some of it, and I move to what is more pertinent.

Opinions are like rear-ends and everyone has got them. If you are looking for politically correct content and self-censorship? Then maybe another site is more appropriate for you? I actually enjoy the converging opinions by many on here. Some are a bit much, but you will find those opinions anywhere whether in the break room at work or at the local tavern. It is just the way of the world. Everyone should be able to voice there opinion as they wish as long as it does not violate the rules of ATS. That is my take on it. Just ignore the nonsense, and it won't bother you so much.

Thanks for replying.

No not at all, censorship is restriction which I cannot abide, I just got a bit sick of people on all sides of the fences getting aggressive and slinging hatred and death wishes. And you're right I should ignore it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Since when is it okay to disrespect your fellow humans? A lot of members here talk about their enemies as though they are dogs and animals,

yet

I noticed there were one or two Iranian members trying to have a debate - yet other (shall we say slightly retarded members)

can we spell hypocrisy

Glad someone else caught that!

I am curious to know what "slightly retarded" means....sounds kind of confrontational to me!

Cheers to you for pointing out the hypocrisy!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

calling someone retarded for being rude and aggresive to people from another country in a very derogatory manner with insinuations of wanting their whole country to be nuked.. is not being hypocritical.

what would be hypocritical is if he said he wanted them the rude and agressive ones to be nuked.. did he say that?

You mean like this

Aren't you a silly little war-mongering excuse for a human? People like you disgust me. I hope the next a time a terrorist attack wrecks America it sorts out your gene pool. God knows it needs it. Disgusting.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I stand corrected...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Sometimes its difficult to not blow a fuse when you get very aggravated by someones words and behavior..its tough to hold it in and ignore it.. and the anger makes you say things that can get nasty.. though you feel they deserve it...at the same time you feel bad for getting angry.

I totally understand the point you were making in the op.. and I also understand your anger.

I know my opinion isn't worth much to most.... but there it is anyhow.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
It really, really pisses me off when you get idiots on this site wishing for the destruction of other countries, taking pleasure in the death and suffering of innocent people.

It's really starting to drive me away from this site.

The whole planet is filled with people who you are going to find disagreeable.

Where are you going to go when you let them drive you off of the planet?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Since when is it okay to disrespect your fellow humans? A lot of members here talk about their enemies as though they are dogs and animals, forgetting that even in war - respecting your enemy is what keeps you human.

Respect is earned not handed out like little league trophies because someone found the gumption to just show up.

Mindless, unearned and merely handed out "respect" diminishes BOTH parties, the giver and the receiver. To merely be given unearned respect for just showing up is that same thing as being an "also ran". It's a pat on the head and a "nice kid" to the receptor.

It's a "second place" prize, because one could not make the top rank, deserving of respect.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I think he is asking a reasonable thing, although unfortunately it will fall on mostly deaf ears. For me there is an exception however. I would take some form of twisted delight in seeing the people responsible for the insane suffering of war-ravaged countries everywhere, die horrible, painful, suffering deaths. Only because they deserve it. Other than that, I have no blood lust for anyone.

"Other than that"?

Blood lust is blood lust. You can't claim a moral high ground over those you belittle for having a "blood lust" while harboring the same emotion yourself.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Most of the "nuke those idiots back into the stone age" mentality idiots are neo-conservatives with a lust for power and domination over others. It is the same people who need a 44magnum to feel strong and who say "go to hell black man"(oh I was itching here to use a different word), "go to hell you lazy welfare receipent--I want all my billions in swizterland", "take a bath OWS hippie".........

Do you see the point OP? It is a right wing conspiracy for sure. House of Lords and Republicans are the same thing. They want war, money, world government, suppression of technology, oppose minimum wage laws, oppose social security and healthcare, pro bankers, pro big business, pro-depopulation, anti-enviroment, etc

Put the blame were it deserves brother.

A "right wing conspiracy"? Is that you, Hillary?

Seriously, you can take your right/left polarizations and cram 'em. I've had more friends and relatives killed by your glorious "left wing" than I have the "right wing".

It's your glorious "left wing" trying to cram unwanted purchases vis-a-vis alleged" health care" down my throat. What next? Since everyone deserves to ride in style, are they going to pass a law to force me to buy a Porsche next year? What is it your buddies have against letting a man make his own decisions and run his own life?

I'm one of your "vast right wing conspirators", and I ended my banking relationships YEARS ago, way ahead of your curve, No bank account, not even a credit card. How is that being "pro bank"?

Seriously, why so hard after categorization and polarization?

You've got something to gain by promoting divisions, don't you?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
When the people believe that imperialism is natural and sectarian culture takes root, it leads to such ignorant muppets who are so vicarious in their bloodthirsty thoughts that they lose the compassionate thoughts of most people. We really should not take notice of these people but as that is perhaps impossible, the only cure for them is re-education and I don't think some are so open to that.

"Re-education"?

I like the sound of that!

Can we call the re-education camps "gulags"?

Pretty please?

It's only in the interest of continuity!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

No it is not "pot calling the kettle". At least not within the same context. Wall Street is responsible for capitalist globalisation where people who open up a small hardware store in amsterdam get shut down by home depot opening near by.

Or all the american business going to asia to maximise profits by saving on labor costs which puts americans out of work permanently.

How is this identical to some moron calling for the destruction of iran by nukes?

Because it is a blood lust for a perceived enemy.

Welcome to the warmonger club.

Table for two?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Yup, not proud of it, fell down to the same level of reasoning, but also mirroring it back if we put it in context - I got very angry with it all, a few threads of it and I admit I should have ignored it. Anger isn't delight, I took none, just disgust.

Not denying my hypocrisy, not trying to hide it either - just interpret it as you want, - but if my post shocks or annoys you, then that's exactly how people on the receiving end of what we're discussing are beginning to feel on a daily basis by other posters too.

I don't even mind being the proverbial whipping post if it at least makes you think about what i'm trying to say. I offer my apology to anyone i've offended of late. Life goes on, just less of the 'my country is going to kill your country' because that really is hurtful trolling. I'd rather someone call me an idiot.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

No it is not "pot calling the kettle". At least not within the same context. Wall Street is responsible for capitalist globalisation where people who open up a small hardware store in amsterdam get shut down by home depot opening near by.

Or all the american business going to asia to maximise profits by saving on labor costs which puts americans out of work permanently.

How is this identical to some moron calling for the destruction of iran by nukes?

Because it is a blood lust for a perceived enemy.

Welcome to the warmonger club.

Table for two?

Thank sir you may I see the wine list please?

Put me in mind of an old Iron Maiden ditty - 2 minutes to midnight

"As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy, We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies."

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The servers might be in az but there are way too many american youth on this site .

i hate to think what saluting that flag and making that pledge every god damn day really does to them .

when you define the word 'fascist' it is someone who makes a pledge > its a pretty simple dictionary definition

no wonder then what mixed up views they can pick up . americans .

At the end of the day we are global citizenry, not any denomination , class or nation, bar the human race .

What is the definition of human ? ?> you will find it is one who posesses humanity , the humane

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
OP is absolutely right. Lets hope Americans get their comeuppance so we no longer have to listen to their mindless war-mongery.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
well said... too many radicals on this site.

it's sad that the hangout zone for genuine truth-seekers and educated intellectuals has to be occupied by all the hateful basement warrior nutjobs.

i really think there should be a ban on any kind of hate speech on this site, not total censorship but just removal of anything as stupid as saying a country deserves to get nuked or person deserves to be shot etc etc.

same as there should be a ban on posting meaningless 'tongue in cheek' joke posts which derail threads (seen a lot of serious good ones fall victim to this, especially in the UFO forum). if you are too closed minded to even give a serious objective perspective, get the hell out or at least explain your reasoning for dismissing something straight up. i know it's only meant in humor but it falls under trolling.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join