It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel- Saving Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
fishaman...Well, first off, since your question about Jesus' feeling torward someone are impossible to answer let me pose this:

Standard time travel theory would make it possible to go back in time. However, if someone went back in time and changed the past we (in the future) would never know it because all our memories would be erased and new one's would be put into place. In effect, you and I would never realize that the past has been changed in any way, so maybe according to standard time travel theory the past has been changed by time travelers, but we just don't realize it.

According to the Multiverse theory though each action we take branches off when a choice in our life is made. Therefore, there would be an infinite number of pasts...meaning that there would be paths for each choice we made along our life...one for the path we took and one for the path we did not take, and then each of those paths would break off as well. So, if you traveled back in time and altered Jesus' life it would probably have no effect on the future since only one timeline out of an infinite number would be altered. Also, each person on earth would have an infinite amout of timelines, making a complex weave of infinte + infinite into infinity timelines. Altering the past in this way would have virtually no chance to change the current path of the universe.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Time travel is impossible.
However Einstein I believe it was, said in theory, time viewing was.
If you could see around the curve of the universe, you'd be looking back at yourself, in the future.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousID
If you could see around the curve of the universe, you'd be looking back at yourself, in the future.

I am sorry, I have never heard of that, could you explain more.

I understand how we can see our past, but future?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Time travel is impossible.
However Einstein I believe it was, said in theory, time viewing was.

We time travel every second of our lives in a linear fashion ofcourse, from the present to the immediate future.

Back to non-linear time travel. You should never say anything is impossible people that have used that word have been proved wrong time and time again in history. Not to long ago so people said heavier the air flight was impossible. I cant even count the times people have said something was Impossible only to be proven wrong with time.

Its much safer to say that time travel is highly improbable

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I've always held the stance that time travel is impossible - the laws of physics just make the idea ridiculous. It is interesting to think what would happen if someone did save Jesus...it would really upset how the world is today.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
I've always held the stance that time travel is impossible - the laws of physics just make the idea ridiculous.

The laws of Quantum physics dont make time travel ridiculous. At a quantum level something that might seem as impossible such as time travel are not only possible but it happens all the tme.

AF1

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
God would have to kill you. The idea of Jesus doesn't work if he doesn't die, so therefore god being all knowing has to make sure that Jesus dies, or else you won't believe his propaganda.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The idea expressed in my post above in theory works as said.
The Universe is supposed to be larger than we can imagine, some say endless, but everything has a beginning and and end.
So it was said if you could view around the curve of the universe, then in theory you would be looking right at yourself, in the future.

This idealology was also brought up in the movie "paycheck" if I remember correctly, they had accomplished the same thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The Universe is supposed to be larger than we can imagine, some say endless, but everything has a beginning and and end.
So it was said if you could view around the curve of the universe, then in theory you would be looking right at yourself, in the future.

This idealology was also brought up in the movie "paycheck" if I remember correctly, they had accomplished the same thing.

Maybe this will help "www.abovetopsecret.com..."

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Maybe this will help "www.abovetopsecret.com..."

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What if you went back to save Jesus and found out nobody crucified him?
You could then come home and write a book about what REALLY happened.

Of course, nobody would believe a word of it ...
heh ..

Nothing is NEW under the Sun people... If nothing is impossible then it is safe to say that time traveling is already being done,,, Since the 'dawn' of time ..

Some Native American tribes have claimed that a 'time-traveler' came to what is now the U.S. This time-travel went by the name of Jesus Christ ..

Who is to say that Jesus was not among those talked about by jammerman?

What gets me is that a lot of folks are replying about jesus 'having' to die for sin... Seems to me that if he did not die on the cross and went to India and lived his life, he most certainly would have died at some point in time...

Thereby filling the requirement that he "die" ... , for sin ....

It is very clear to me that there has to be something MUCH more intricate to the whole legend of the crucifixion.
The most likely probablilty is that it is fiction. Only created to achieve a certain end. That end probably being to promote self sacrafice.
Martyr mentality ...

Christ NEVER died ... Death had no dominion over Christ ... He is lord of the living...

Jesus the man died at some point in his life, if you alter when, where or even how, your action will not change the fact that Jesus the man died at some point in his life ...

He died for "Sin". The same way you will die for "Sin"..
You were born(Sin") and because of that, you must die.
Procreation mandates death....Jesus was CLEARLY a product of procreation since he was born of his mothers womb. An egg was fertilized somehow.
This means that the body of Jesus would fall under the dominion of Death at some point.

You die so that OTHERS can procreate('SIN")....

imo,
The bible would read EXACTLY the same regardless of your actions during your trip.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I don�t think Christ would have allowed you to �save� him from being crucified. Even if you did have a machine gun a felt it would be righteous to mow down everybody who wanted him dead, you would run out of ammunition eventually. The truth is, he rocked the boat, and the people in power at the time didn�t like it. I think the only way you could prevent him from dying unnaturally would be to show up when he was about 12-13 years old and prevent him from ever spreading his message in the first place, which would in turn prevent Christianity from ever getting started. That is assuming you could convince him to keep his mouth shut, he is the son of God after all and had enough willpower to rebuke Satan, so I think it�d be like swatting flies for him. Long story short, I personally believed he was preordained to his fate and there isn�t anything you could do to change it.

As for time travel, should it ever come to be a reality, I don�t think we can travel back past the point the machine was created. Otherwise, we would be seeing people from the future all the time (lets leave John Titor out of it�). Where are all the time travelers at the crucifixion of Christ? How about 9/11? Or the JFK assassination? Those events would be so packed with people wanting to know �the truth� that they would blot out the sun. Since there obviously aren�t, it seems reasonable to me that time travel either won�t be realized before the end of mankind or it will be limited to the birthdate of the machine. The only exception that I can think of is that we are possibly limited in capacity to passive observers, and are invisible to everyone living out the events for the first time.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
ok! so some people believe that time traveling back to the past is impossible some-others think not, thats fair! But When Jesus was put to death on the cross, God was angry! Lighting came, Rain came and Darkness Came. Does that mean he was angry that his Son had died so early and it was unfair? If you could go back in time will you be doing God a favour by letting Jesus live longer. Because he was teaching so much.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
If you had a machine gun under your robe and were watching a carpenter get crucified what would you do?

I'd ask him if he considered the cross a good piece of workmanship.

What a daft topic. Like many have already said. Wasn't Jesus' whole purpose to die for our sins? So if you believe in him you'd do nothing. If you don't believe in him, he wouldn't be hanging up there anyway, would he?

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

What would his life have been like?

He probably would have thanked Joseph of Arimethia for his assistance in the hoax of his death, then travelled to Riennes, France, married Mary of Magdelene, and had a few children...but I guess we'll never know, will we?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't believe in traveling back to the past, but I think there is someway to look back in the past so we can see what and how it realy happend

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If I'd managed to take a Kalashnikov back in time with me, Jesus "letting me" save him wouldn't come into it. Although perhaps God would strike me down with a bolt of lightning just as I was about to take out the bad guys....then again probably not, as far as I can see this God is definitely a 'hands-off' kind of guy.

If God exists that is... you know 'hands-off' is one thing, and yeh yeh we all know he moves in mysterious ways... but I can't help thinking what the hell was he doing while all that stuff was going on in that Russian School last week? Was it his day off or what?

Incidentally, there seems to be a bit of a rumour here that backwards time travel is impossible, well obviously no-one knows for sure yet but I just want to point out that Stephen Hawkin has highlighted Kurt Godel's discovery in 1949 of a mathematical description of the universe which includes "time loops" at the particle level. And if particles can travel in time, who's to say (yet) that larger objects cannot?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If time travel were indeed possible wouldn't someone from the year 3,000 or whatever have already had such ideas to go back and fix things? Just a thought for consideration since I personally don't like paradoxes, they give me a headache.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
If time travel were indeed possible wouldn't someone from the year 3,000 or whatever have already had such ideas to go back and fix things?

Maybe they already have/will have.
How would we know?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Time is not a thing. You can't travel an idea. That is all time is. It is an idea that allows us to relate when things happen. If time travel were possible someone would have already traveled through time. This isn't like a train going down the tracks and you are riding in the middle where you can walk forward or backwards. Or where someone in the front of the train can walk back to you or someone in the back of the train can walk forward to you. Time travel cannot happen because time is not a real thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join