It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel- Saving Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ive been thinking, if time travel was possible and you went to save Jesus
before been crucified. Would he know you? Would he let you help him? the point am getting at is did Jesus have to die to save mankind? What would his life have been like?

thanks Guy'z
Dan Fisha

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishaman2005
before been crucified. Would he know you? Would he let you help him? the point am getting at is did Jesus have to die to save mankind? What would his life have been like?

thanks Guy'z
Dan Fisha

He had to die for our sins, i think if you even tried to help, he would of turned around and said he has to do it to save mankind.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishaman2005

thanks Guy'z
Dan Fisha

I remember there was a book about this very thing. A group of soldiers during Desert Storm are somehow sent back in time to when Jesus was alive. I remember it had something on the cover like.

If you had a machine gun under your robe and were watching a carpenter get crucified what would you do?

I never got the book but I remember seeing it looked like it might be a good read. Ill look for the title of the book.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well its a good thing its not possible!

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
He had to die for our sins, if it was possible to save him, we would all go to hell.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I thought I had read somewhere that if time travel were possible, you could only go forward not to the past? Has anyone else heard of this or am I just crazy?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
I thought I had read somewhere that if time travel were possible, you could only go forward not to the past? Has anyone else heard of this or am I just crazy?

I have heard that you could only go as far back as when you first created the time machine. So if I created a time machine in 1990 thats as far back as I could go.

I dont think people know enough yet to know for sure though.

[edit on 5-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 5-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
He had to die for our sins, if it was possible to save him, we would all go to hell.

Well, according to the Catholics, the Baptists, the Evangelicals, and most of the modern Christian world we're going to Hell anyway. So, the persons death seems just a little of a waste to me..

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Since the future is yet to happen, its unlikely that time travel to the future is possible (unless a time traveller from the future came here and took us with him, I suppose).

As for saving Jesus - he wouldn't allow it.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Because I believe that Jesus was preordained to die, I find it an impossibility that He could have been saved from death. As Pisky points out, He wouldn't allow us to save him.
joey

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Don't foreget he turned down Simon's attempts to help, and the others warnings about going to Jerusalem. He wanted it this way....

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

I remember there was a book about this very thing. A group of soldiers during Desert Storm are somehow sent back in time to when Jesus was alive. I remember it had something on the cover like.

If you had a machine gun under your robe and were watching a carpenter get crucified what would you do?

I never got the book but I remember seeing it looked like it might be a good read. Ill look for the title of the book.

Yeah, I would be interested in this book, sounds intriuging.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Jesus had the power to stop it if he wanted, but it was needed for him to die for the sins of mankind. I read a book not too long ago, title forgotten (fiction), that a group of scientists learned to send radio signals back in time, similar I guess to the movie frequency but written before that. Anywhoo, they send a radio message to Kennedy warning him away from Dallas. The book suddenly ends, and the reader discovers that 2 weeks after Kennedy would have been shot, he sparked a nuclear war and ended mankind. Things that make you go hmmmm.......

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial

Yeah, I would be interested in this book, sounds intriuging.

Im not sure if this was the book Im thinking of but it sounds interesting.

Dark Passage

''Because of a top-secret government research project, a split in the time continuum appears. The government is shocked to find that this warp has created a connection between our modern world and ancient Israel in the year 30 AD. Before the government can figure out what to do with this new discovery, 3 Islamic terrorists manage to get through the tear in time. They're mission is to kill Jesus before he ever was crucified. With that, Christianity would be robbed of its seminal moments, and Western civilization of its guiding faith. To counter this nightmare, the governments of the world assemble a specialized team of rogues to go back and protect Jesus''

This might be the book, Ive been using search engines to find the book with little luck.

www.amazon.... com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0312875142/qid=1094527444/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/103-1245249-0419040?v=glance&s=books

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Since the future is yet to happen, its unlikely that time travel to the future is possible (unless a time traveller from the future came here and took us with him, I suppose).

As for saving Jesus - he wouldn't allow it.

Actualy the explination of the timetravel only going forward is that you would be in a capsule where time was slowed down, while you would go trough time at an axelerated rate(from your perspective).

Like that timetravel can already be done I guess. Just get your booty cryogenicly frozen and hope someone knows how to thaw you out in 3001

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Situation:

You go back in time with a sniper rifle and execute the people who arrest Jesus.

Jesus wouldn't ever be crucified.

What the hell would happen?

=======But Wait=======

What if, 20 minutes after you went back in time to kill said guards who were arresting Jesus, someone else went back after you returned to your normal time.

This man went back to when you went back there and killed the you that was sent back in time to prevent you from stopping the guards. Your current self would be fine as it wouldn't have effected when you were born, et al.

Just something to think about.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I heard that if your going the speed of light, you go forward in time, and if your going faster than the speed of light, you would be going backwards in time. Theoretically, anyways.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
According to time equations, that's impossible.

t = sqr(1-([Speed]^2)/([Speed of Light]^2))

Basically, if the speed is greater than light, you'd be going:

n*i

Where:

n = Any Number

i = Sqr(-1)

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The other side of this coin is, would someone who felt the religion that spawned from Christs' life was truly evil, would he or she go back and banish Christ to a remote place like Iceland in order to keep him from exacting the influence he did?

I'm not advocating this, its just that if Time travel were possible both scenarios as well as others would be possible. And maybe if the theory of multiple universes due to time travel does exist, this and many other forms of reality may be playing out at a universe near you!

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Weller]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
JustAnIllusion heres a site thats talks about some possible ways to time travel. Every thing from faster-than-light travel,wormholes even massive spinning cylinders.

Some pretty interesting theories

www.wordiq.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join