It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghans Say Pakistan Fired First.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Afghans Say Pakistan Fired First in NATO Attack

"There was firing coming from the position against Afghan army soldiers who requested support and this is what happened," said a third Afghan official in Kabul, where Gen. Allen met with top government leaders for a special security meeting to discuss the incident. The Afghan official in Kabul said the government believes that the fire came from the Pakistan base—and not from insurgents operating nearby.

As it turns out it was apparently [If you believe this version] Afghan Soldiers who called in the Air support. I'm sure some wont let that prevent them from burning more US/NATO flags. I've been wondering about the circumstances involved. I highly doubted it was just some chopper pilot hell bent on randomly killing Pakistanis who just thought to himself.

"Hey, Let's attack an obvious Pakistani border outpost which is clearly visible for no apparent reason"

I wonder if and when the gun footage will be released from this situation? Will it show either Taliban or Pakistani ISI [Who have been known for stirring the pot in Afghanistan for years] agents running for the border as they have been doing for years thinking they could find their usual safe haven?

Stay tuned...

NATO and Afghan forces on a nighttime operation Saturday came under fire from across the border in Pakistan before they called in an air strike on two Pakistani military border posts that left 25 soldiers dead and the U.S.'s relations with Pakistan in tatters, according to Afghan and Western officials' version of events.

Pakistan's army reacted angrily, calling the "unprovoked" raid on the border posts an "irresponsible act." The military denied firing on NATO forces and questioned why the coalition undertook a sustained two-hour attack on well-known border positions, involving helicopters and fighter jets, which also injured 25 other soldiers.

edit on 27-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The fact is US un-maned airplanes have been bombing North Pakistan for months and the Pakistani's are mad for that actions. They don't like interfering in their internal affairs.

I'm sure some wont let that prevent them from burning more US/NATO flags

That is why they burn your flags.

Although I have not seen them burning NATO flag. Bring us a picture.

Unmanned aircraft in Pakistan attack: 6 dead

an unmanned plane belonging to the U.S. military in Pakistan's northwest of the six militants were killed in the attack.
Intelligence officials, Miran Shah, North Waziristan, located in a building in the city said the militants fired two missiles .
attacking NATO forces in Afghanistan, American officials, including North and South Waziristan

source

18 March 2008: 16 killed in a strike in South Waziristan

14 May 2008: 12 including Abu Sulayman Al-Jazairi killed near village of Damadola, Bajau

31 August 2008: US drones destroy a house in Tappi village in Miranshah, killing 6 people and injuring 8 including 1 woman and 1 child

24 July 2010: US drones fired two missiles at a militant compound in Nazai Narai area of South Waziristan killing 16 militants

Drone attacks in Pakistan

Little number of attacks by US and NATO + I think that US has not enhanced the bomb that can select militants to kill and let the civilian live.
edit on 27/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
Although I have not seen them burning NATO flag. Bring us a picture.

SAME source
People burn NATO and U.S. flags as they shout slogans against the NATO airstrikes on Pakistani military checkposts in Mohmand tribal agency, during a protest in Multan, Pakistan, on Sunday.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Strong South African accent:

www.youtube.com...

On the ground in Pakistan:

www.youtube.com...

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Pakistan is pissed that they were caught red handed playing both sides.
It will not end well, regardless of the evidence brought to light.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well there is always 2 sides to every story and this is one of those situations where I am not really sure what to say as it feels like some thing was (and still is) bound to happen to inflame tensions further..

I honestly do not like where this is headed but where ever it is it does feel almost inevitable.
edit on 27/11/11 by thoughtsfull because: crappy gram-ma

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

War is inevitable unless some one attacks your country. Otherwise it is invasion and it is evadable.

People should observe cause and effect to judge fairly.
edit on 27/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by thoughtsfull

War is inevitable unless some one attacks your country. Otherwise it is invasion and it is evadable.

People should observe cause and effect to judge fairly.[

Agreed

Many here know all too well how Pakistan's ISI has been stirring the pot not just in Afghanistan but all over the region.

Cause and effect should be judged fairly

Taliban commanders say Pakistan intelligence helps them

(Reuters) - Pakistan's security service provides weapons and training to Taliban insurgents fighting U.S. and British troops in Afghanistan, despite official denials, Taliban commanders say, in allegations that could worsen tensions between Pakistan and the United States.

A number of middle-ranking Taliban commanders revealed the extent of Pakistani support in interviews for a BBC Two documentary series, "Secret Pakistan," the first part of which was being broadcast on Wednesday.

Blasts in China's Xinjiang region

Blasts in China's Xinjiang region
Several explosions have hit the north-western Chinese province of Xinjiang, state media has reported. It said there was sporadic gunfire after the blasts, but there were no immediate reports of casualties. Earlier this week, 16 Chinese policemen were killed in an attack on a border post in the province, Xinhua reported.

China says Xinjiang attack linked to Pakistan

old.news.yahoo.com...
BEIJING (AFP) – A deadly weekend attack in China's restive Xinjiang region was masterminded by "terrorists" trained in Pakistan, the local government said Monday....

Fourteen people were killed in two attacks at the weekend in the ancient Silk Road city of Kashgar, and five alleged attackers were in turn shot dead by police in the wave of violence.

China rushes thousands of police to restive Xinjiang

BEIJING: China has rushed thousands of special police forces to Urumqi, capital city of northwestern Xinjiang province, where it is battling to contain separatist East Turkestan militants, some of them trained in neighbouring Pakistan.

Pakistan caught in a web of lies

With great passion last year, Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik said, "I categorically deny the presence of Osama bin Laden, his deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri, and even Mullah Omar in any part of Pakistan."

Now, with the capture of bin Laden in Pakistan -- only 40 miles from Malik's office - it's more difficult than ever to consider his statements, and those of his civil and military counterparts, credible. Since 9/11, Pakistan's leaders have been lying to the United States, neighboring countries, their own people, and even to one another about fundamental elements of the war on terror.

India demands Pakistan action againt Mumbai attackers

NEW DELHI: Birds twittered as they always do; waves broke and washed the shore as they always do.

But Saturday morning Mumbaikars (as the residents of Mumbai are popularly referred to) were torn between anger, sadness and tears — nostalgia ran across the city marking the third anniversary of the Mumbai terror attacks.

Solemn promises were repeated, as were threats. Indian Foreign Minister SM Krishna said India is waiting for Pakistan to act “decisively” after providing it with evidence on alleged perpetrators who are living in Pakistan and the evidence provided was “sufficient” to prosecute those behind the “inhuman act”.

Pakistan's lies nailed: North Korea paid millions for nuclear secret

The nuclear scientist considered the father of Pakistan's atomic bomb has claimed that North Korea gave millions of dollars in bribes to senior military figures in exchange for weapons secrets.

Abdul Qadeer Khan signed a confession in 2004 admitting that he had handed classified information to Iran, Libya and North Korea, but his supporters have long claimed he was made a scapegoat by a government that cast him as a rogue operator.

Documents passed to a US nuclear weapons analyst by Dr Khan suggest that high-level Pakistani military officials knew about - and personally profited from - his sales of nuclear weapons technology.

edit on 27-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You have definitely found an interesting footnote. I am unsure how it will fit into the big picture? Still, a lot of noise and rumblings coming from the Pakistani side, and from the NATO side a noise that amounts to nothing more than the sound of chirping crickets.

Perhaps this incident could be the reason why NATO has not made a big uproar about Pakistan pouring on the controversy about this latest incident? Most of these gunships are equipped with combat cams, and I am anxiously awaiting the footage from that. At least I think they are, with regard to countless video footage from Iraq and Afghanistan of similar incidents? Just another piece of the puzzle, but I am still on the fence with my opinion on this matter. I am not going to blame anyone until an official investigation is complete. I'll give criticism where criticism is due when I have more to go on. Great find Slayer!
edit on 27-11-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The truth?

Right now, before final proof is provided, I'm willing to believe the Afghans only because of heightened tensions and increasing hostilities from Pakistan.

But it'll be an interesting story to follow.

S&F, SLAYER. You're providing more info than MSM

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I suspected this.

I hope they release the figures for the ISAF casualties as well. We keep hearing about Pakistani losses, but I am sure there is a whole other side we have yet to learn about.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Great catch on the back story for this one. I had a feeling there was considerably more to this than we were first hearing. Oh but heck. we have full blown strategic, military and political experts here who don't need something as silly as time to get all the facts or investigate anything before declaring the U.S. and NATO 100% at fault and a bunch of baby killers...or murderers of innocent Pakistani's..in this case.

Thankfully, a few like the OP here DO keep looking and don't settle for 'Case Closed', Uncle Sammy and NATO did it and are guilty as sin. It appears perhaps they aren't guilty of anything but supplying the support requested by the Afghanis.

I hope the hotheads in Islamabad can put aside their cozy new relationship with Beijing long enough to focus back on their relationship with the West before it winds up in tatters. Pakistan needs to send some delegates to Tibet to see how the Chinese treat those who have no friends left in the world when the Chinese come calling. Just my thinking here...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Pakistan is pissed that they were caught red handed playing both sides.
It will not end well, regardless of the evidence brought to light.

You beat me to it. Playing both sides against the middle. But if we bug out the wailing and gnashing of teeth for "abandoning" them will be heard for leagues.

Slayer, keep on bringing the truth, brother!

/TOA

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Here is a rather interesting perspective on the situation...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Pakistan is has been losing plausible deniability for some time. Too much of their outrage seems exaggerated. The likelyhood of their not knowing Bin Laden was living down the street from a military academy is nil. Otherwise their intelligence agency needs to find a new job. As to the border post incident I gotta go with assessment that it was targeted because they were laying cover for a border crossing, it's not like the Pakistani military knows where the loyalties of all it's troops lay. Maybe the soldiers stationed at these posts are members or are paid for their help by the Taliban. You know like the cops taking bribes from drug dealers?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
WOW! Great find Slayer
Correct me if im wrong but was pakistan not accused after the bin laden death of launching missles into afghanistan as well?
Actually I just googled and found several accounts of "insurgents" from pakistan firing on US troops in afghanistan. So possibly they caught fire from pakistan and it was coming from the airbase that NATO hit?
Heres just one link, too lazy to pull more now

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 27-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

Lots of the articles are from even earlier this month. It seems the US or the afghans or both have been the target of these "insurgents" and got tired of it. Just decided to full on strike them.

edit on 27-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Thanks for the interesting perspective and link

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well NATO are not going to admit an unprovoked attack on pakistan. It would just drive down further thier standing in the eyes of the world stage. Dont know if I believe this explanation or not. I think I choose not to believe, been told too many lies in the past. Not that NATO care what any of us think

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Pakistan have been helping the Taliban since the start whilst pretending they are friends of the West. NATO should just let India take them to task the two faced clowns

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Those attacks better stop sooner or later if they aren't mad enough your talking the world's only islamic nuclear power when enough is enough and they want pay back theres 100-200 that can be shipped over hear and driven up the southern border.

Keep playing sooner or later your going to get burned and the simple fact is people dislike the term "mission accomplished" but taliban is "disarray" and Bin laden is "dead" what are we still doing in Afghanistan and in Pakistan.

Afghan says they fired first
Pakistan says they fired first who will be next to fire next or stop?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join