It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexander Tsiaras: Conception to birth -- visualized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Science is providing answers to the single most contentiontious issue in American doemstic politics. The central question of the abortion debate has always been: when does a fetus become a human being? Abortion advocates like to claim there there is a a period post-conception in which the term "fetal tissue mass" is appropriate to describe the child being gestated. The de-personalized phrase then begs the question: when does the FTM become a human being?
www.americanthinker.com...
Alexander Tsiaris of Yale Medical School has produced a beautiful video overview of fetal development, from conception through birth,

Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

youtu.be...

Complexity beyond human imagination, it's a mystery , it is magic, it is divinity,
Alexander Tsiaris
www.charlierose.com...

Alexander Tsiaras is president and CEO of Anatomical Travelogue, Inc. and has more than 20 years of experience in the worlds of medicine, research and art. Much of the work for his book, “From Conception to Birth: a Life Unfolds,” was done in conjunction with the National Institutes of Health, the National Museum of Health and Medicine of the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, and the New York University School of Medicine. Tsiaras is a regular keynote speaker at medical conventions worldwide, including the Visible Human Conference sponsored by the National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health, and by Medicine Meets Virtual Reality. He has also lectured with Stephen Hawking at the MIT Media Lab.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It's OK but I think I've seem better on a PBS special.

One part I liked is just after 3 minutes where you can see some clear shots of the baby's tail at just over a month old. Then before it's 2 months old the tail is gone but it still doesn't look all that human.

Around 4:30 at 12 weeks, the end of the first trimester, it's starting to look pretty human though you still can't determine the sex, I didn't know that boys and girls sex organs looked identical at that age. I wonder how many women know they once had an indifferent penis?

One thing I didn't like was the huge gap from 3 months to 8 months, it showed nothing in between! That's why I think the PBS special was so much better, since it showed the entire development without such large gaps.

But it was still worth watching so thanks for sharing it!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I have to agree with you, I have seen better.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I just watched this video. When something astounds a mathematician with it's mathematical complexity it is worth pondering.

join