It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wales Football Manager Gary Speed Found Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Wales manager Gary Speed has been found dead at his home aged 42, the country's football association has announced

A statement posted on the association's website said: "The Football Association of Wales are sad to announce the death of the national team manager Gary Speed.

Speed won the First Division title with Leeds and also played for Everton, Newcastle, Bolton and Sheffield United - becoming the first player to make 500 appearances in the Premier League

Sky News Link

Cant believe it,as a Newcastle United fan im gutted,was a great player for us,he was only 42 years old,the article goes on to say that the police have said there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding his death!

Wiki Gary Speed

R.I.P. Gary Speed!
edit on 27/11/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
gutted a true leeds united legend hope we retire the leeds number 11 shirt as respect for him

he was found hanging so sad he lives too young boys one a very promising pro footballer the other a talented boxer

so so sad
edit on 22/9/2011 by theruthlessone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Very sad and shocking news, he was a great player and and promising young manager. I hope the roumers that it was suicide turn out to be false. And I hope Swansea do him proud today, let's see them do Villa.

R.I.P Gary Speed.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
what the hell is going on in the world of football...today a bus full of African players crashed and 6 were killed...here in Germany Enke committed suicide, a week ago a ref tried to, but was hospitalized and now Gary Speed. it's been confirmed...suicide...RiP

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wtf??

I saw him on Football Focus or another sports channel only yesterday!

If it's nothing suspicious..that would mean the death could be attributed to..?

Very confused..He was a decent football player too.

R.I.P.

EDIT: Ok, I didn't read the articles properly..But it says he killed himself. Just wonder what coulda lead him to do that..
edit on 27-11-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
[Snip]

No need for a comment like that really, he's only just died a few hours ago after all.

If all you have is comments like that... keep them to yourself.

Yes the world keep's turning after the death of one man but still, this is absolutely tragic news which has devastated a lot of people around the UK and particularly those in Wales who he managed at the time of his death. He was such a massively respected individual and this really is just a sad loss to a lot of people.

It was only a few years ago now that we was still watching him play.

R.I.P Gary Speed.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Rising Against because: The comment I was replying to has been dealt with already.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It was suicide then, watching Robbie Savage crying on the news interview was gutting, had to fight to hold back the tears myself, and I'm no fan of Savage, but I felt absolutly gutted for him. So sad, he was set to be the best manager Wales had ever seen.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

So sad, he was set to be the best manager Wales had ever seen.

Agreed and to be honest that's what makes this more sad than it already is.

He was only 42 years old remember and the results he was getting with Wales, particularly the more recent results, were fantastic. He was really turning thing's around there and there's just no doubt that he had a great managerial career ahead of him, this after an incredible playing career.

Such a shame that his life ended so prematurely.

edit on 27-11-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

A tragedy, RIP Gary. A great footballer and would have been a great manager too. Especially with Bale at his disposal for the national team.

Football has lost a true footballing soul.

I can't imagine why someone would want to take their own life. This is just terrible.
edit on 27-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Just watched the Robbie Savage interview on youtube,man he was devastated,such a shame,this is just so out of the blue,doesnt make sense!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
A true legend, a great footballer and by all accounts a great person.
He had transformed the Welsh national team.

Watching Shay Given was heart rendering.

A great loss to Welsh and British football.

His family must be devestated.

R.I.P. Gary.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Man this is a tragedy.
He always seemed so together and professional on and off the field.
Just shows you can never tell what goes on in the mind of others.
So sad for his wife and boys.

Siwrne dda Gary.
(Good Journey)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
RIP Gary Speed.

A true professional and gentleman.

I have never supported any of the teams he played for, but I always admired his longevity in the game. So sad for his family and for genuine football supporters.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon

Just watched the Robbie Savage interview on youtube,man he was devastated,such a shame,this is just so out of the blue,doesnt make sense!!!
you're right, it doesn't make sense at all. But then, it just goes to show, those around him said he seemed happy and normal, you never know what's going on under the hood. His career was going well, he had a family. There must have been something going on which has driven him to this. It's just such a waste

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
this reeks of conspiracy! im not even joking,
gary speed kill himself. WHY!?????

RIP GARY SPEED BIG LOVE TO ALL LEEDS SUPPORTERS.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

i agree
something fishy about this
rip

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's just incredible to me that someone with no signs or history of depression, with everything to live for, is found hanged, leaving no note (who would do that to their family?) - the media says "suicide" and everyone just accepts it! Drives me crazy. I don't believe for a second this guy committed suicide. From what little I've read, he sounds like the last person on anyone's list to top himself. I have no knowledge of UK football - can anyone answer any of the following questions:
- enemies?
- cui bono?
- major controversies in his career?
- candidate for any important positions?
- any history of provocative political positions/statements?
- speculation? (I'd hope someone would at least speculate about my death, were it as suspicious as this!)
edit on 27-11-2011 by salo99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Sad day

No matter what allegiances one has Speed will always be respected as a great footballer and top guy as well.
Thoughts go out to the boys who have lost their Dad and all those who knew him.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by salo99

Not that im aware of,this guy was the model professional,i dont think theres any conspiracy here,i know from experience when a friend of the family killed herself totally out of the blue with no signs of depression or anything,i guess its so hard to tell when people put a brave face on and bottle everything up,i know when ive been depressed in the past,i felt i could never talk to anyone,i didnt want to burden my friends or family with my problems and i never will if i go down that root again,stupid i know but thats just the way it is for some!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join