It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comalcalco's Mysterious Mason Marks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
After carefully examining the stucco mask at temple VI it looks like so called sun god, Itzam Naaj, might in fact be the earth monster shown on Pacal’s sarcophagus lid at Palenque. The earth monster face is upside down with respect to Pacal’s position on the lid. Here’s a link to an image of the sarcophagus lid. www.horizonarts.com...

Stucco mask at Temple VI

Take a close look at the mouth of the stucco face and notice how close it resembles one of the masks found at the site. This mask is located at the museum and it is unlike anything I have seen. The eyewear has the appearance of light reflection we see with sun glasses or protective goggles. The upper portion of the mouth clearly matches the stucco mouth.

I’m wondering if there is a tomb under the stucco image or maybe right behind it.

Or another possibility is that this is a mask the priests wore when they communicated with the sun god. The sun visor protected their eyes when they conversed with the being made of light.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectPerception
reply to post by yampa

thanks for responding.

I have looked,and looked myself for the pictures of the engravings...that does not mean this thread is obsolete or as you stated " in bad shape" I will be waiting for you to compile a thread and do better.

At the end of the day,Comalcalco being the only Olmec/Mayan or central American site to be found using fired bricks is fascinating alone.
did you see the Mediterranean looking ceramic heads? what about them?

edit on 28-11-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah, I'm not saying Comalcalco isn't an interesting site otherwise. The Olmec heritage particularly interests me. I'd like to go down there some time. It was definitely worth a look, thanks for posting, but there isn't too much point continuing if there is no evidence. I thought the statues there look like Westerners too.

Bit of an aside, but you notice some of the eyes are missing from Olmec statues and the ones you posted? Apparently the Olmecs had the ability to make very high quality mirrors, and they sometimes used them to fill the eyes of the statues. The high quality of these mirrors is not widely known about. Not bad for 1000BC.

There is some interesting academic work on these mirrors. Lunazzi observes Olmec mirrors that are able to project an image of an object and make it look like it is floating. This is a well known trick these days (you can buy a mirror device that will do this in any novelty shop), but I imagine back then it would have looked amazing.

Olmec mirrors: an example of archaeological American mirrors by J.J. Lunazzi
pdf link to the paper: arxiv.org...

On the quality of the Olmec mirrors and its utilization by J.J. Lunazzi
pdf: arxiv.org...

"6. CONCLUSIONS
From the information we obtained it is clear that Olmec mirrors are very valuable cultural elements of a quality not known to the optical community neither to the general public. The precise characterization of its optical parameters seems not being completely reported, so that its measurement can be an interesting subject of research. "

edit on 3-12-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Yes they did excellent work only exceeded by the AE, Chinese and others. The first being made nearly 7,500 years ago of volcanic glass and found in the Natufian deposits (I'm going on memory here it may have been a different group in Northern Asia Minor)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

This is excellent material. I really enjoy this type of information.

I believe that there were a lot more connections between the ancients than we are currently willing to accept. We assume that the people of the way back then were unintelligent savages. I think that as time goes on, we will be suprised to see that they were much more advanced. Much more well travelled. Much more like us.

We like to think that we are the end result, the most capable and learned. I think that we are one of many crests.

S&F.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join