It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday is really a holiday for the SHEEPLE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Every year on the day after Thanksgiving, millions of Americans get ready to spend either their hard earned dollars or their tax-payer provided government support dollars on things they really don't need. It's the one day of the year where you can find your entertainment needs at a deep discount, if you are willing to deal with the chaos and stupidity that you will surely be surrounded by. This year was no different then past years; the news is full of stories of ignorance and disrespect. Stories of people getting pushed and shoved around, stepped on or over, or even pepper sprayed by a woman who felt she was special. It absolutely disgusts me to see how people can act when it comes to a discounted TV or Xbox.

I bet the TPTB love Black Friday. They get to watch as the sheeple restock their endless supplies of distractions and comforts that keep them occupied with their boring and worthless lives. Its amazing how a single day in the year can make a terrible economy with many people struggling just to get by seem perfectly ok. The amount of money needlessly spent on creature comforts that nobody REALLY NEEDS at all is astronomical.

It's too bad utility companies and credit card companies don't offer black Friday deals where people can pay off their outstanding balances, but even if they did people would probably blow if off anyway cause where's the fun in being responsible?

Go buy some more cheap TV's and cheap Blu-Ray players America, hopefully you will continue to have a place to plug them in.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I absolutely detest this holiday. I'm so glad we don't have it here in Canada. I hate the whole consumer mentality. I try to avoid places like Walmart and other such stores as it is. Christmas shopping itself pisses me off.

What a waste of resources. Not to mention the destruction of any real kind of economy.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
I absolutely detest this holiday. I'm so glad we don't have it here in Canada. I hate the whole consumer mentality. I try to avoid places like Walmart and other such stores as it is. Christmas shopping itself pisses me off.

What a waste of resources. Not to mention the destruction of any real kind of economy.

Don't get too high up on that horse of yours - you do still have Boxing Day, which is pretty much the same thing.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Am I the only one to say that it is less violent than in the U.S?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
i agree with some of the things you have said, about holidays in general to be a complete and total waste of time, and money that could be used elsewhere..i also hate the flock of mindless cattle lining up to be milked...

however...i am happy that i am where i am...you are very ungratefull, and you have no idea how LUCKY you are to be living in the united states..trust me you have NO idea. you sit on your comoputer chair, bitching and moaning about other people, and how they waste their money with all the "distarctions" yet you are using one of the those tools right now, and you live in a house connected to the main power grid, and you drive a car fueled by "their" oil.

you sir, are a hypocrite plain and simple.

*spend 1 just 1 day in any of the following

iraq
el salvador
nicaragua
korea
cuba
peru
and i guarantee you that you will never think/feel/act the same way about this country again.

unless you are living somewhere in the sierra nevada mountains, and are using carrier pigeons to communicate, and are living off the land 100% off the grid..

kindly STFU..you are just as much of the problem as the rest of the sheeple

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Nope, the city I live on has a bylaw that prevents stores from being open that day.

I love it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

uh
What? I don't know which Canada you're from, but the one I live in heavily celebrates Black Friday.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The people who hoard into these stores line up and are fueled by nothing but savings in their are minds.

are..

your

Fathers , Mothers , Uncles , Sisters , Brothers , Friends etc.

Problem these days is we don't talk to each other about these things . Everyone is in their own ignorance bubble and do what they have been formed to do .

We should look at our selfs for not going out and reaching out to our familys and discussing the impacts of such behavoir.

We allow it turn our face, look down at our iphones and say "meh"

We love cheap things , we love cheap credit , we love to fill our homes with things we don't need.

All byproducts of ignorance.

We have to fix our selfs first before we can fix the nation. Society has deep psychological issues that are getting worse and worse.

The sheeple are nothing more then strangers that we havn't talked too.

But nobody wants to go out and talk to people and educate them .

its easier to paint anti-captilism signs and scream end the fed

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

SHEEPLE - Years ago someone called them the great unwashed, they are us. They are the reigning majority of humans anywhere I am afraid and they are corralled like sheep and marketed.

I guess it was here in FL I saw on the news yesterday people were getting pepper sprayed by a woman who was trying to beat them to an x-box.

Black Friday is a holiday for the "masses" and one where we can predict behavior. ie that day people are going to shop madly. Another day they will be watching the series or the bowls or the parade and on a few nights each week they will be watching Dancing with the Stars...ALL OF IT is exploited to regulate and predict the behavior of people, anticipate their needs, ADVERTISE and then appear to provide for these needs (either real or perceived) at a cost of course.

This is free market capitalism. It is what we stand for. Black stands for stores getting into the BLACK again after being in the RED all year. It is when those small businesses we like to stand and protect make their money.

What is really sold I think is that valuable "time frame" and exposure to the people so you can pitch them products. Now they even have product placement ADS within the programing and written into the shows themselves. They will all be drinking coke or eating Cheerios, or you will see a can of beer and recognize the label. That is product placement. You don't even remember why you wanted that brand of beer but you buy it anyway.

Our major purpose to our country is as shoppers. We are not valuable contributing members - We are purchase points. We have no redeemable value unless we spend. Something IS wrong with this picture.
I think that's very sad.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

This what I think about it all and you wont catch me out there on a man made so called holiday that is all just hype. It's sad to see how quickly Thanksgiving was forgotten about and how quickly everyone is interested in Black Friday. Greed has gotten out of control. I don't need to fight over anything in some store, I don't need to be the first one in line to get some hot item, thankfully my family doesn't want anything that can be bought on a store shelf. For us what we want for each other can not be bought, and what we want doesn't go out of style. Its sad that so many has forgotten what it's like to just be humble.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I'm not going to waste my time arguing your unintelligent assumptions. I use the word unintelligent because only idiots make assumptions, which are the mother of all F$%@ ups. I've been to more third world countries then probably 99.999999% of all Americans, and I've chewed dirt in Iraq, Afghanistan and other countries I won't nor can't mention.

Yes, I do use the internet and a computer. I am a student and require these tools to complete my responsibilities. In case you haven't noticed, the internet is everywhere, not just in the United States. Your stupid assumptions of me not being grateful to be here are just that, stupid. I love the United States and I made the commitment to give my life for this country if that's what it came to, luckily that didn't happen. What I hate is stupid people who make up the majority of this once great nation.

I really don't have the time to go off on you, it wouldn't matter or change anything anyway. Based on your response, I'm guessing you partook in Black Friday, so go enjoy your "Schony" or "Crapasonic" off brand flat screen before it goes out in a year.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
So come the festivities you'll graciously decline the gifts your mother queued up and rugby tackled half a city for...
OK.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yo OP, I think k1k1to was too easy on you. I dont agree with some of the nutbar behaviours of some Black Friday shoppers. But what I hate even worse, and what I wish to be able to discuss as soon as they let me post my own thread, is the sort of self righteous, self superior, attitude towards the comman man, those "sheeple", that permeates forums like this. Who are you to say whose lives are "boring and worthless"? Do you have any idea how disgusting that statement is? What makes you the arbiter of what a valuable life is, or for that matter, what items are necessary or unneccesary? I didnt do BF shopping for a number of reasons. Surely there are things people fought over that I dont personally consider worth fighting over. But hey, if there was a sale on say, an Xbox360, I'd certainly bother to show up. OOOOOOOHHHH!!!!!! Yeah, well So #ing What. I like the games on Xbox. They're fun. I wasnt brainwashed by advertisers. This is just something that gives me genuine pleasure. Some people like other things. Thats all there is to it. We like things. We are a thing making and thing using species. But that DOES NOT automatically make us shallow materialistic monsters. And if you could care less about the things well thats great! But dont sit in your self made ivory tower and cast overgeneralizing judgements over the lives of people you think you've got all figured out.

new topics

top topics

join