It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Ship Sunk and Downed in Wales UK, 1 seamen dead, others, missing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hmmm Beings its only a cargo vessle holding 6 crew. I dont think that would be much of a target. I dont think a point or jab was made here. Now say... A munitions vessle, navy warship, or even supply vessle, sure, but not a 6 crew cargo vessle full of limestone. One member is alive, and had something gone down like that, I'm sure it would be headlined already.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Bulk carriers are also notoriously unstable if their dense dead weight cargo's shift in rough seas. The large deck hatchways used for efficient loading and off loading of cargo also pose an enormous sinking hazard should a vessel run into difficuilties. It sounds like she sank quite rapidly.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
must have been a floating turd of the coast of tenby, it tried to get me once, they're evolving in our waters.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I live in a seaside town on the west coast of Scotland, and last night was the windiest night over here in a long time. Couldn't get to sleep because it was so loud beating off the side of my house. Surprised there hasn't been reports of any other ships sinking.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Never mind a ship,

The wind in Wales damaged the brick house I was in slightly last night,

Was usual Welsh Autumn/Winter weather wind and rain.

Is just an normal case of a ship like recorded history at the mercy of weather and rocks.

Really is a case of nothing to see here from an conspiracy point of view.

I really hope some or all of the crewmen are found, though unfortunately I find this unlikely as being in the cold water makes that seem impossible.

Kind Regards,

elf

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I had half an eye on this when it was reported earlier today on the BBC. Strangely though, I didn't hear a single mention of any Russians being involved on at least 3 different reports...

Sorry to go off-topic here but my sympathies go out to the people of Wales for your sad loss today. Couldn't find an ATS thread, so...

R.I.P. Gary Speed

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil

I posted this here instead of breaking news as there may be more to emerge from this story for discussion.

A Russian limestone carrier has been downed in UK waters, at the moment reports are suggesting it possibly may have been due to bad weather and the hull was thought to have cracked which caused the ship to fill with water and sink. Interestingly this occurred near RAF Valley where Prince William is stationed and these (The UK Army) are handling the search and rescue operation with the RNLI. Add to that the recent hostilities between Russia and the UK and the fact that nothing happens without a reason and it makes you think?

The weather in the UK in the last 24 hours has been very windy with warnings issued by the Met Office so there is no surprise that a ship could potentially encounter trouble under those conditions.

The RAF are not part of the British Army and are frequently involved in search and rescue operations at sea.

But that aside, I take most exception to "...and the fact that nothing happens without a reason".

What fact is this? Are you talking about cause and effect or are you intimating there is more to this than meets the eye?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am confused what relevance that Prince William participated in the search and rescue mission has?

I mean, thats his job. Thats what he trained for. In fact, Prince William didn't participate in the rescue. Flight Lieutenant Windsor did. The fact that Flight Lieutenant Windsor is Prince William is entirely irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

good timing yes. But reasonable no. You wouldn't sink a stone freighter. You'd sink a hydrocarbon one, or blow up an oil line, or produce a convenient nuclear incident. This makes no sense as there is no practical value to it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
May they all be found well and safe. The sea can be an evil beast sometimes...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

The vessel sank, it was not downed since it was not engaged in anything other than transiting the waters. There is a difference between the terms belive it or not.

As far as proximity to the base, does it matter? Rescue situations require the closest assets respond.

Do you really think the UK is going to start a war with Urris over a vessel carrying limestone?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I hope this thread doesn;t end up like the german u boat that sank the titanic conspiracy thread on here.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

The oceans around the UK are the most polluted in the world. It’s not due to the Welsh but Britain has been ruining it for centuries and its all add up over time; wether it be dumping rubbish, sewerage, over fishing, air pollution, chemical leaks, countless oil and other noxious chemical spills, the list goes on.
Here’s part one of a great doco on the topic:

I never claimed this was caused by anything other then rough weather but I did say it was great timing, which is true.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The Russians are our friends. We have spent the past 30+ years building a relationship with them. We share space exploration with them. A heck of a lot of Russians live in the US now. There is a Russian church about 2 miles from me.

I would not regard Russia as any threat to the US. Or China. Or for that matter, even Pakistan. Most countries want peace, like you and I. I think they are getting a little fed up with our first strike and invasion responses to any world problems. Think about it. How would you feel if Russia invaded Mexico and spent the next ten years fighting the Mexicans so they could establish a Russian style democracy in Mexico?

Try to see the situation from a world view, not a US view.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I live not far from this and it was a really windy night. Althought the weather is pretty freaky round here at the momment. One dayits winter the next its summer, really dont know what is going on with it?

I dont think there is anything to read into this it is just a shipping accident although its not often that you see a road closed due to a boat run aground.

My concern is the fuel that is on the ship that is leaking. There are some lovely blue flag beaches around the area I hope this dosnt mess up our local beach in Prestatyn.

More concerning to me though is the fact that there is going to be fracking happening around this area though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join