It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Ship Sunk and Downed in Wales UK, 1 seamen dead, others, missing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Rescuers searching for six Russian seamen missing after a cargo vessel sank off north Wales in gale force weather say one crew member has been recovered.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I posted this here instead of breaking news as there may be more to emerge from this story for discussion.

A Russian limestone carrier has been downed in UK waters, at the moment reports are suggesting it possibly may have been due to bad weather and the hull was thought to have cracked which caused the ship to fill with water and sink. Interestingly this occurred near RAF Valley where Prince William is stationed and these (The UK Army) are handling the search and rescue operation with the RNLI. Add to that the recent hostilities between Russia and the UK and the fact that nothing happens without a reason and it makes you think?

I wouldn't normally post this but I just saw it on the news and partner thought and said the same thing before I even opened my mouth...

Funny how a Russian ship gets sunk just after we fall out with Russia isn't it?

So thought I'd post it on ATS and see if anything develops, hopefully though it was just an accident...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
That is some pretty good timing.
Lets hope we get more info soon, hopefully everyone is alright; at least there’s no sharks.. Everything around those waters has been killed by pollution

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
... and the fact that nothing happens without a reason and it makes you think?

Once you start looking into it, it is surprising how many large cargo ships sink each year.
Although most dont make the media if they happen out in the middle of nowhere.
It's a very dangerous job.

edit on 27-11-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

So, here's what I see when I read the headline...
Russian spy boat sunk off of the UK.
I guess we'll see.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
Lets hope we get more info soon, hopefully everyone is alright; at least there’s no sharks.. Everything around those waters has been killed by pollution

I agree it's very coincidental the timing of this

Also just in, two have been rescued by the RAF from a life raft, they were took to Air Force base RAF Valley then on to hospital.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

I guess we'll see.

We'll see nothing. The ship sunk, the Russian seaman have been rescued.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

I guess we'll see.

I agree, the timing of this makes that look like a very real possibility, as you say, time will tell... hopefully

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JepicWe'll see nothing. The ship sunk, the Russian seaman have been rescued.

I hope so, the timing is just bad that's all

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
If this is the Swanland then she sails under the flag of the Cook Islands..

www.vesseltracker.com...

It is listed on one source as having 8 Crew and 6 in other sources.. 5 of whom are mentioned as missing.

I hope things become clearer soon and that the missing seamen are found safe.. in the meanwhile my thoughts go out to the Russian families.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Thanks for that link thoughtsfull, found some more info to a site linked to from your link here...

/822qfo3
edit on 27-11-2011 by lifttheveil because: Fixed link

edit on 27-11-2011 by lifttheveil because: Tried to fix link again, no luck so will add it here in the edit message - afloat.ie...

edit on 27-11-2011 by lifttheveil because: 3rd and final edit, YES it worked lol

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just heard Prince William was involved in the rescue.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Had some very high winds overnight along the western coast, Scotland recorded a wind speed of over 100mph, so, rocky coast, high winds, old ship...sounds like a typical seafaring disaster.

The sea can be a very dangerous place.

Prince William was one of the pilots of the search and rescue helicopters.

The ship had nearly run aground last year near Lands End.

Just heard this on the BBC radio news.

Looks like there are still a few crew missing, so thoughts go to the families.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Just heard Prince William was involved in the rescue.

And this is probably the reason the incident even made the news. I do hope they rescue all crew members from the sunken boat.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Where are you from? I'll have you know that the water around Wales is very clean and they have some of the most beautiful coastal areas in the UK. Please get your facts together before making such a horrible, sweeping statement.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
She's an old cargo hulk built in the 70's, she's sailed under a few different names as i recall i would need to check the links. It's not uncommon for such vessels to undergo considerable metal fatigue in rough seas when fully laiden, i think coupled with rust and old age, she broke apart and sank in rough weather.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Looks like Prince William was the Co pilot for the chap they rescued lol.
2nd line

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Thank heavens she was only carrying rocks! christ imagine if she was an old oiler, jeeezz all that polution what a mess. Hope the crewmen all get found safe.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So you want a conspiracy? How 'bout this:

Russian False Flag. They sunk their own boat so they could blame it on the West.

edit on 11/27/2011 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I live in North Wales,and I can tell you it was damned windy last night at the time of the accident,probably worse off the coast.
I certainly would not have wanted to be on a boat in such a gale.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You have clearly never been to North Wales and around the Lleyn peninsula where this tragedy has happened. It is far from polluted.

The OP (and others) who think that this anything other than a cargo ship being sunk by high seas have clearly never seen a sea in rough weather.

Before we start to speculate that it was the aliens that did it, can we pause for a reality check.

Regards

top topics

<<   2 >>

join