It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of the people on here are ignorant. :(

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by ApplesOnFire

>Why do you think that is?.

edit on 10/8/2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

You're on a conspiracy website, the least likely explanation will have precedence over the everyday, mundane explanation. I mean come on! A logcial explanation in the area 51 forum?

I think what he/she's trying to say is, if you throw up credible debunking information, which is quite possible, people still come at you as if you were trying to debunk reality.

One time some years back, I saw a video of a supposed "red ball of fire" floating across this guys wooded fenceline on, I think it was the Jeff Rense site some 8 years or so ago. The video was neat looking, but for anyone that's every played with a light pen with their cat or dog, they might have recognised a few key points about the video that made it pretty plain to me that it was nothing more than a light pen hanging on a string moving from one direction to the other, apparently on a glass sliding door. Now, the news clip linked the forum site, and of course, I wanted to add my opinion, because hey, if it's a nation wide read site that's boasting of capturing something that was obviously nothing but a hoax, I felt I had to do my part and at least mention to the masses what I thought it was and that they were being dupped.

Not only did I get trashed, but I got banned from the forum for debunking an obvious hoax. I wasnt rude. I just simply mentioned what it looked like to me. Similar things happen here on a minute to minute basis.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

I deny that remark.

Well it is like this - just because you didn't see it (and I didn't get a picture) doesn't mean it wasn't there.

In many instances people will say "I saw" such and such a thing. Others will say "we don't think you did" and so the others will look for a second opinion - another witness who saw the same thing. In many legal matters this constitutes verifiable proof and the more witnesses the more "proof" you have to verify the extraordinary claim. In many of these instances here on ATS there are A MULTITUDE OF CREDIBLE WITNESSES ALL MAKING THE SAME EXTRAORDINARY CLAIM.

Proof of something is required to convince others a) in a court of law and b) when your credibility is damaged. Many people with excellent and untarnished credibility have made extraordinary claims and even if I only believe PART of what they say I have to consider things I may not have witnessed myself are true and did happen.
If they pass their physical and mental evaluations and have never been known to be a liar in the past - sorry I am going to take a leap of faith and believe them.

edit on 27-11-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

credible debunking information

Here is your problem. If you approach a topic from the standpoint that it cannot possibly be true and is not true, in many cases and in particular UFO topics, you are not being scientific or accurate either.

You and your skeptical friends may be offering DEBUNKING INFORMATION when what people are looking for are other possibilities and not to dismiss the assertion by calling the poster a liar and a fraud.

Maybe get another hobby - something more satisfying and worthwhile.
You will never prove the unprovable to the convinced.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia

Enjoy your opinion, while I enjoy mine.
Some of us dont need Youtube or stories about Area 51, because we had our own , non debunkable, experience.
Mine was at 4 o clock PM at a summer day with clear blue sky, together with a friend in 1975.
We saw three of them, identical.
I managed to focus the telescope on on, nearly filling the full field of vision.

You can try to debunk what you want, I dont care.

Yeah, I heard that! What gets me is these people, obviously kids with no real experiences, who come in here with "Aliens don't exist," or All Aliens are Demons" rhetoric. I too have my own, real experiences to draw upon. No amount of youtube videos or Bible verses will convince me other wise.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I understand your frustration but this is an opinionated world and I'm sure you being a skeptic has triggered some heated arguments. But it is clear that your post title "Half of the people on here are ingnorant" truly shows your ignorance.

First, being a skeptic, as you are, did you personally take an "ignorant" poll on ATS? Where are you coming up with 50% of the people are ignorant? How did you accumilate such important data?

Second, you lack argumentative substance to your rant. I agree some ATSers post threads with no backing, but even those ATSers who do show some evidence are ridiculed. That's the power of the human mind. To observe and come up with our own decision. And honestly, I believe anyone has a right to post whatever information they feel is necessary to them and if you don't like it MOVE ON. Don't whine like a child and post how much you think the thread and the individual who posted the thread should be banned. Who are you to make such an IGNORANTdecision?

You complain that some threads shouldn't be posted on this site. Well I for one think this thread is bogus and a cry for attention. If you're so intriguing in thought, science, religion, politics, etc than bring it. Don't kick and scream like a grown baby!!

It's threads like this that make me sick

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Proud to be ignorant!!!

If I wasn't...I would not be here...right?

Please tell me your ignorant too or baffle me with you all knowing infinite knowledge!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

So, at least we have some common ground.

edit on 27/11/11 by Pokoia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Half of the people on here are ignorant... or half of the people you have interacted with on here? Have you interacted with everyone on ATS? With every member? My guess is that you haven't, so you seem to be the one who is ignorant.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Personally, I think "half" is an overestimate. In my experience I find it more like 99% of the masses tend to be on the ignorant side. HOWEVER, I do believe you have already overcome the statistic just by being here. You must be "awake" to even bother to seek out and find this website. So while 100% here are awake, I'd still say a good majority are closed minded - somewhere in the 80% range.

Trueman says there are 247,994 members. That means by my wrong and made up statistics, approximately 198,395 are going to give you problems.

Get used to it.

P.S. to be fair, that still leaves 49,635 persons of awesomeness

Party on!
edit on 27-11-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join