It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran parliament votes to downgrade relations with UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Ok, well not sure if this latest turn of events deserves it's own thread, but i feel it's an important development.

Over the years we hear of the 'minor' stories emerge from the middle east often alluding to the seemingly never ending build up to 'something'. This latest story just maybe another.

I know a few on here will say 'yeah and......'

Well we all have opinions.

I would however like to quote a particular piece of the article.

Iranian radio reported some MPs chanted "Death to Britain" during the vote, which was approved by 87% of MPs.

So, another piece to the puzzle or just another reason to turn off the news and watch something far more worthwhile?
edit on 27/11/11 by logicalview because: Addition of link

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Ha ha. The Iranians are already lining up the scapegoat for their foolishness in attracting sanctions. British trade with Iran is barely significant. In fact, the UK Government actively discourages trade with Iran.

www.ukti.gov.uk...

This is just crass politics. “Death to Britain” chanting is laughable, as are the attempts to divert attention from the results of Iranian actions in the wider issue over their nuclear programme and the mounting evidence that their public innocence is a fallacy.

Regards

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Well, as i said, we're all entitled to our opinions.

Don't suppose you would be as eager to plaster that comment on a poster and parade the streets of Britain though.

Actually i doubt you would do it regardless of where you live on the planet!
edit on 27/11/11 by logicalview because: Time to call out the BS'ers

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

This is just crass politics. “Death to Britain” chanting is laughable, as are the attempts to divert attention from the results of Iranian actions in the wider issue over their nuclear programme and the mounting evidence that their public innocence is a fallacy.
If that bothers you, you must really hate american and britain.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by logicalview

Haha I will just wait for Britain to get themselves blown up or one of the countless other ways they could be wipped off the map. Countries like America and Britain have been asking for a spanking for a long time; just wait until russia and china get their hands on them.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
What countries do we invade and slaughter? We are allies to America and Australia to name but a few and fight side by side with them.
To say death to Britain sounds like a terrorist statement to me...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
What countries do we invade and slaughter? We are allies to America and Australia to name but a few and fight side by side with them.
Uh please educate yourself on britain before defending them so whole heartly. I can assure you that they are the real terrorists.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I don't always agree with our(UK) foreign policies, and one can vote for whoever they want. It still wont change anything, Governments will do what they deem best.

That aside, i think i'll still be sitting with my feet up, with a cup of tea on a sunday morning, many, many years from now.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
Uh please educate yourself on britain before defending them so whole heartly. I can assure you that they are the real terrorists.

By the sound of it you are from Australia so would you like if we said that about your country?
Your statement was completely uncalled for and if you said that here you would be lynched.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

www.debtbombshell.com...

Maybe if you own a bank, sorry but in a couple of years you will either be decimated by war or contractual slaves to corporations. It only takes one button to destroy a city now and britain is the size of a teacup, also I think you would probably underestimate the amount of allies the allies have left anymore.
Also, remember your monarchy probably owns the land that you are leasing right now.
There are a million ways you can loose your freedom.
I can promise you, the odds are not stacked in the peoples favour.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

By the sound of it you are from Australia so would you like if we said that about your country? Your statement was completely uncalled for and if you said that here you would be lynched.
Well obviously I wouldn’t like it but I would understand. Unfortunately we have let our nation be pawns for your country for too long and as a result have committed many atrocities. It’s not uncalled for and I think you should stop having a cry. Britain has slaughtered millions of innocent people and you can’t hack a few words?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Unless you are aboriginal that chances are you originate from ~Britian. Your family were probably shipped there for being criminals and they set up their home ready to produce yellow belly off spring. The UK may well be in a lot of wars but at least the UK allows free and open speech and allows free religion. If it has to go to war to protect that then so be it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Tell me one thing, where is your evidence that Britain has 'slaughtered' millions of people as you say?
Remember, Australia was in the second world war and also Vietnam if that is what you are referring to, and we were defending our country and not slaughtering as tou put it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Millions of innocent people were killed by Britain in ww2, this is well known. They also used countries in the commonwealth such as Australia as pawns; so general’s orders were responsible for hundreds of thousands of unessacary deaths.
Yes ww2 was defence but Britain did it in a pretty gutless way. Vietnam was certainly not defence tho and there were millions of innocents killed there.
Every war Britain goes in it slaughters innocent people, and they have been doing that for centuries. I estimate the number would be close to billions now.
If you don’t think I'm telling the truth, please investigate the truth before responding; because I assure you that they ARE the real terrorists.

edit on 27-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Well its seems we barely reached one page of discussion and the thread is derailed by one particular hate filled fool.

I bet it's fun in that household!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Once again:
Maybe if you own a bank, sorry but in a couple of years you will either be decimated by war or contractual slaves to corporations. It only takes one button to destroy a city now and britain is the size of a teacup, also I think you would probably underestimate the amount of allies the allies have left anymore.
Also, remember your monarchy probably owns the land that you are leasing right now.
There are a million ways you can loose your freedom.
I can promise you, the odds are not stacked in the peoples favour.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Unless you are aboriginal that chances are you originate from ~Britian. Your family were probably shipped there for being criminals and they set up their home ready to produce yellow belly off spring. The UK may well be in a lot of wars but at least the UK allows free and open speech and allows free religion. If it has to go to war to protect that then so be it.
Irish and Scottish. Right probably for stealing a loaf of bread, but hey thanks for raising another example of the British slaughtering an entire race of people and raping their culture. Right so you just basically said that brits are yellow bellys aswell

The UK might allow free speech but it certainly doesn’t give it a chance to affect anything, I think you must be blind to how your freedoms are actually almost gone now.
Your country does not go to war to maintain freedom or your worthless sense of prestige, it goes to put you in debt and make the 1% richer.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join