It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immoral 1% and rich don't create jobs myths:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Liberals love to throw these statements around.

"Businessmen need to be moral."
"Tax the rich creates jobs."
"The Rich are turning America into a third world country by sitting on their money."

and my favorite, " A fraction of their wealth could employ everyone currently unemployed in this country."

These ideologues are completely ridiculous in the business world and that's why scientists aren't businessman!

I like to compare this time period with just before the great depression of the 1930s. In the 1920s the majority of the companies that now "control the world" up to a point, became powerful. They survived and were protected during and after the Great Depression. These same companies are the ones you are angry at but they will always be protected by the system. And there is little anyone can do to change it.

Now, your accusation about wealth distribution. There is no moral obligations in business. The number one priority of businesses is to make a profit. Everything else is secondary. The CEOs earnings comes from the employees productivity. If they work harder the CEO and Shareholders make more profits! Stock goes up and in some cases the entire market goes up. Bigger Businesses = more competition = more employees = more jobs = higher salaries. That's always the way its been. You can't go asking government for more jobs when you accuse big businesses of being too big! Hurting successful companies with further regulations won't jump-start the economy either. This will dissuade those larger businesses from hiring more people! CEOs are people too. Isn't immoral to take Billions of dollars away from these people as well?

Furthermore, there is very little morality left at the top 10%. If you've ever heard the term "ruthless businessman." You understand what I am talking about. In today's age, when people know about the corruption in business, media, and politics combined, you can't expect the rich to do the "moral and right" thing. It just won't happen. They all have an agenda. On the other hand corporations and their CEOs do help everyone in the world. They sell you products that you want! They help supply products all around the world to people who need them.

This explains it best.

After scientists and engineers uncover new knowledge, it is the task of the businessman to determine how to use that knowledge. Rational thinking is the cause of wealth production. The businessman searches for opportunities and combines land, labor, and capital to create wealth. The market creates benefits in the form of new and better products and lower prices. A businessman benefits only by offering goods and services that others are willing to buy. If he does not cater to the desires of others, he will not prosper. The businessman must anticipate new markets and consumers’ future wants and needs, learn from competitors’ successes and failures, accumulate capital for his projects, acquire the needed resources, coordinate numerous activities and employee skills, and take risks by trading present and known values for resources that only promise a potential future value for him. Profit is payment for the businessman’s thought, vision, initiative, determination, and efficiency.

rebirthofreason.com...

It takes a special type of person to be able to be a CEO of a large corporation. There is corruption at the top, but ordinary everyday people cannot be Steve Jobs or Rothchilds. Corruption, unfortunately comes with the territory. These types of people will always get ahead in life because they just think differently. They see profit everywhere! And it is everywhere! And that is where business ideas come from and the cycle continues!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Have you not heard? Government is the only one that creates jobs. Life is but a dream, working for the government is just but another job. See, when the government creates a job, it only takes 100 people to work for that, therefore it is a good thing. If the US gov creates 3 million jobs through government, they need 300 million workers to support them.

It is a good thing....................../s

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

☞ Conservatives love to lie with a smile on their face ☜

I know. I know. Republican Conservatives don't think businessmen need to be moral.

"The Rich are turning America into a third world country by sitting on their money."

and my favorite, " A fraction of their wealth could employ everyone currently unemployed in this country."

Can you reference any of these quotes directly, provide a source, please?

jjf3rd77,
For every dollar the state of Illinois pays in federal taxes the state of Illinois recieves less than 75 cents worth of federal assistance. I'm not burning 1 more calorie for the benefit of the rich getting richer. Feel free to do that for them if you wish.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

On the other hand corporations and their CEOs do help everyone in the world. They sell you products that you want! They help supply products all around the world to people who need them.

Stop Right There!

Up to that point your post was bearable. Big corporations help the world eh? Ever heard of Nigeria? Yeah, they just eat up those mp3 players made from the petroleum extracted from the river delta right? I bet the Burmese are just loving their ruby rings as well yeah? The problem with unregulated capitalism is that it becomes the same as big government! Some people will live well but some people who don't deserve it will get the shaft. Capitalism is an idea which only works as long as their is an industry and resources to provide for it. Guess what, were running out of resources. You should read Huxley's "Brave New World." There must be balance between government and private industries.
edit on 27-11-2011 by MegasAlexandros because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
In my opinion ignorance is the number one problem, and greed is the other. A lot of blame should be on DC, the federal reserve, and some the top 0.1%-0.001% especially in banking and investing, not necessarily the 1% in general. But the fact is, everyone enabled the crisis. Well, besides me of course because I was just a kid

Just read the whole wikipedia page for Haliburton (seriously, everyone needs to read that), THAT is the problem right there. That is the perfect example a completely corrupt criminal organization with its hands in the government. OP, PLEASE try to debate me on that one.

Many of the problems are systematic in our society and can not be blamed on one group.

Also, your thread title is based on a is pretty misleading. Everyone knows business owners create jobs. I am sure almost no one at occupy will deny that. That is not the issue at hand, unless you watch fox news and they told you thats what occupy thinks the issue is, in that fantasy reality, then maybe.
edit on 27-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Um this has nothing to do with Occupy Wall Street, unless you admit they are a left wing group now? Hm.....

I don't want to talk about OWS here, there is enough threads talking about that.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
There isn't much to be said that you didn't already clearly outline in your post...It is obvious that you are either a right wing conservative regurgitating the talking points of the party or a ideological capitalist.....and have very little actual real knowledge about the interactions of business and government....The only thing that you were actually dead on is that the business will do whatever it takes to make a profit...period...That is the sole purpose. They will, please forgive the analogy, rape, pillage, and plunder if left unchecked. They do not care about the individual consumer, employee, or the environment they thrive in.....Why in the world do you think the EPA was set up to begin with....Because it was cheaper and easier to just dump the toxins in the ground or nearest river. Why do you think the child labor laws were established....because kids were cheaper and easier to employee..And they won't create more jobs, they will just pile more work on the employees they already have or buy more machines to do it....Do I really have to go on about WHY regulations are there to begin with.....the SEC, to keep the rich elites from profiting off each other. My God, why do people keep saying, oh let the businesses regulate themselves, they will do what is right.....You just said, there are No Morales in business.....that says it all right there.
edit on 27-11-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

These ideologues are completely ridiculous in the business world and that's why scientists aren't businessman!

because Scientists exampine hte facts at hand to reach a conclusion, while hte businessman goes "No matter how much I gamble, or on what, the government will bail me out and then let me lobby!"

I like to compare this time period with just before the great depression of the 1930s. In the 1920s the majority of the companies that now "control the world" up to a point, became powerful. They survived and were protected during and after the Great Depression. These same companies are the ones you are angry at but they will always be protected by the system. And there is little anyone can do to change it.

No one's asking for a total destruction of corporations. Just an end to their overt political influence.

Now, your accusation about wealth distribution. There is no moral obligations in business. The number one priority of businesses is to make a profit. Everything else is secondary.

This is a circular argument "Business should have no moral component because business has no moral component."

Yeeeeah, about that? It needs to change.

The CEOs earnings comes from the employees productivity. If they work harder the CEO and Shareholders make more profits! Stock goes up and in some cases the entire market goes up. Bigger Businesses = more competition = more employees = more jobs = higher salaries.

Wow. You really don't know how this system works, do you? You just managed to get everything wrong, all at once!

That's always the way its been. You can't go asking government for more jobs when you accuse big businesses of being too big!

Yes we can. Again I have to stress.. .you obviously have NO idea how any of this works.

Hurting successful companies with further regulations won't jump-start the economy either. This will dissuade those larger businesses from hiring more people!

The point of regulations is to protect consumers, investors, workers, and the community in which you do business. Also, as of right now, the major problem facing most businesses is not regulation. It's not taxes. It's not unions, and it's not any piddly stuff like that - it's that people are not buying things. In other words, supply outstrips demand, resulting in a loss.

CEOs are people too. Isn't immoral to take Billions of dollars away from these people as well?

They enjoy the benefits of trade in this country, access to our markets and resources and infrastructure, protections under our laws? Well, those benefits ain't free. What's immoral is giving them these benefits without a fee - as this constitutes robbery of the American people several times over.

Furthermore, there is very little morality left at the top 10%. If you've ever heard the term "ruthless businessman." You understand what I am talking about. In today's age, when people know about the corruption in business, media, and politics combined, you can't expect the rich to do the "moral and right" thing. It just won't happen. They all have an agenda.

I expect all people to be moral. That you seem to drop such expectations based on the size of one's bank account just paints you as being an ethics-free waste of meat.

On the other hand corporations and their CEOs do help everyone in the world. They sell you products that you want! They help supply products all around the world to people who need them.

"Selling stuff" and "helping people" are nowhere near the same thing. Further, not only do we not need the majority of the stuff we purchase (got along fine for at least a million years without most of it, in fact) but what we have now could be produced better, cheaper, and more ethically than it currently is.

It takes a special type of person to be able to be a CEO of a large corporation. There is corruption at the top, but ordinary everyday people cannot be Steve Jobs or Rothchilds. Corruption, unfortunately comes with the territory. These types of people will always get ahead in life because they just think differently. They see profit everywhere! And it is everywhere! And that is where business ideas come from and the cycle continues!

Again, you very clearly do not know how it works.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

And paid agents love to throw around dividing statements like that.

And the reason that Businessmen aren't Scientists?

Because Science requires one to acknowledge Reality.

I like to compare this time period with just before the great depression of the 1930s. In the 1920s the majority of the companies that now "control the world" up to a point, became powerful.

You can thank the federal reserve bank's influence for that one.

And there is little anyone can do to change it.

Watch Us.

Now, your accusation about wealth distribution. There is no moral obligations in business.

That is a patently foolish statement.

Corporations gain all of their profits from their customers, and are morally obligated TO their customers, otherwise their profits would not exist.

Thanks for playing, but you have a long way to go before you are any good at earning your "Paycheck" my friend...

The number one priority of businesses is to make a profit. Everything else is secondary.

And, pursuant to that end, they must not kill their customers.

Savvy?

The CEOs earnings comes from the employees productivity.

And that's the main problem, isn't it?

"Job Creators" indeed.... they siphon the productive efforts of the employees to themselves, without providing a like amount of input to the company.

IT's sick how much more they get paid for doing basically nothing.

If they work harder the CEO and Shareholders make more profits!

How so?

Last I checked, Profit was the difference between expenditures, and earnings.

And the CEO doesn't Earn a DIME for the company.

You can't go asking government for more jobs when you accuse big businesses of being too big!

I'm sure that outsourcing had something to do with the lack of jobs... Thank you Ruthless pursuit of profit... eh?

Hurting successful companies with further regulations won't jump-start the economy either.

Sure it will, considering that The Ruthless pursuit of profit is what is CAUSING the economy to faulter, actually.

This will dissuade those larger businesses from hiring more people!

And that is a complete lie, actually.

CEOs are people too. Isn't immoral to take Billions of dollars away from these people as well?

Only if the effort that they put into it is equivalent to the amount they got out of it.... which in most all cases, it is not.

They make their money through legal loopholes, outsourcing, price increasing, etc... They are destroying the economy by centralizing all money....

Furthermore, there is very little morality left at the top 10%

I couldn't agree more.

you can't expect the rich to do the "moral and right" thing. It just won't happen.

Who's Expecting them to do that?

Honestly?

What do you think LAWS are for?

lol... or the Protests?

They all have an agenda. On the other hand corporations and their CEOs do help everyone in the world.

You must be new at this.....

They sell you products that you want!

The CEO does that?

Really?

Because I thought it was the actual people who MADE the stuff.... not the CEO.

The businessman searches for opportunities and combines land, labor, and capital to steal money

There, fixed that for you.

It takes a special type of person to be able to be a CEO of a large corporation.

Bull[snip]

There is corruption at the top, but ordinary everyday people cannot be Steve Jobs or Rothchilds.

That's real interesting that you should throw steve jobs in the same boat as the Rothchilds....

Sort of telling, actually....

What do you do for an encore? Juxtapose a 4 year old suffering from Cancer to Hitler?

Corruption, unfortunately comes with the territory.

Well... if corruption comes with the territory, might as well just bury your head in the sand, give up, and DIE, right?

These types of people will always get ahead in life because they just think differently.

And you are just plain Evil, aren't you?

You must not understand society.... that's why you are being so transparently ignorant.

I hope they are paying you a lot to do this....

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

reply to post by CREAM

Um this has nothing to do with Occupy Wall Street, unless you admit they are a left wing group now? Hm.....

I don't want to talk about OWS here, there is enough threads talking about that.

You bring up the top 1% then you tell me this has nothing to do with OWS which is about the 1% v the 99%... Sorry, that is very relevant to this thread...

Who said anything about them being left wing??

Then you tell me you don't want to talk about OWS in this thread after you made some ridiculous implication(the left wing thing)? So it's OK for you to talk about it then say you don't want to talk about it.

I am leaving this thread, your being silly.
edit on 27-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

I like you, I Like Stars.
I've seen you in these trenches battling it out
and I, for one, appreciate your work.
I don't think I've ever disagreed with any
of your political posts .

top topics

join