It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there an atomic war roughly 10,000 years ago?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by tpg65

I think you are right on the money, that is why these being from the sky look like us and depicted by all ancient man on cave walls and artifacts is because they are us. No coincidence in the grand scheme of the universe. Be it via Intelligent design, question is what were we created for? A social integration of species in some ongoing project? As we are a work in progress now, if you look at the hybridization that is suppose to be taking place within the abduction phenomena you might get a better idea of how. I think i know or have a good idea why these star people "the indigenous called them" how they do it. Question is what is the main goal? What is the purpose? It is in our nature to loathe our own species if different rage or color .. some seemingly primal urge. Or perhaps stored memory embedded in our genetics. I think once these facilitators, creators, star people upgrade us here and there over time to the tipping point where we recognize us all as one maybe then we will be invited in to their corner. What i learned from talking to abductees and contactees is they were often told that "we sill soon all be together" seems to be the message. Kind of cryptic in a way.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

Great post .
I have this nagging feeling that our petty squabbles with other nations goes a whole lot deeper than we realise .
Why do so many of us have a feeling that we really don't belong here ? Maybe , just maybe , something deep down inside us has a yearning to go home .
As far fetched as this may sound , it sure would answer a lot of questions .

Terry

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by tpg65
Why does modern man not resemble ancient man ?

We don't?

Why are there vast variations of humans on this planet , ie White Europeans , Africans , Asians , Australian aboriginals , etc ?

Evolution. Paler peoples survive better in the Northern climes because they can convert more sunlight into vitamin D. Darker people survive better closer to the equator because they need more melanin to protect them from the sun. This becomes less important once you invent clothing and find a dietary source of vitamin D. Everything else is a matter of migrating populations, genetic drift, sexual selection, etc.

You are entitled to your view and I respect it and it's plausability . Please respect mine .
There is nothing in what you have written to suggest we naturally evolved .
What if we were originally stranded here ? Would we not have evolved in exactly the same way as you suggest ?
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You are entitled to your view and I respect it and it's plausability . Please respect mine .

I respected it enough to ask you a question about it, and to answer one of the questions you asked.

You're welcome.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I respected it enough to ask you a question about it, and to answer one of the questions you asked.

You're welcome.

Please read my edited post , above .

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Not likely. The work that goes into and science to it all, its all but impossible. This could be caused by an impact of a meteor or comet perhaps. That is what some scientist have said happened in Sodom and Gorrorah.

edit on 26-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

That's quite an arrogant closed minded position to hold onto.

If so-called "modern" mankind could achieve its current state of technology in less than a couple hundred years with its much worshipped ability to obliterate itself back into a hunter/gatherer state in a matter of days or even hours, why could mankind not have done that before? You can't answer that question except on the basis of many groundless assumptions
edit on 11/27/2011 by dubiousone because: Clarification, spelling, grammar.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
Here is Another Website to contribute too this Thread!

From the Living Room Site ( Zorgon's Site)

Ancient City Found In India
Irradiated By Nuclear Blast
8,000 Years Ago...
www.thelivingmoon.com...

There was a nuclear test in Pokhran in Rajasthan on May 18, 1974. I didn't see where they mentioned that.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkenDonuts

I appreciate what you're saying but how could we have advanced without industry?

Invention is almost never something created form scratch. There's a flow on effect from one thing to another. Radar becomes the micro wave oven. The telescope becomes the microscope. One discovery becomes something usefull to the next discovery or one invention is useful to the next invention. The circuit board we know today has its roots all the way back to the big clumsy copper wire strands of old connecting two big clumsy points of power together.

How could a civilisation which shows no evidence of mechanical electronic technology split an atom? Before you can build a chamber you first need to mine the materials and create all the little bits and pieces that would go into creating that technology. That can't be done with a few bits of iron ore sitting at the surface. And all those little bits and pieces must first be invented for other reasons.

The switch for a light bulb was invented before the switch to a nuclear powerplant. Could you imagine a couple of hundred years ago someone just poping up and saying "look I invented a hadron collider"? No because electricity had to come first.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Excellent topic! S & F my friend.

I'd read about this years ago, and I guess I had taken it for granted and forgot about it. I guess that IS a human condition kind of thing (forgetting).

In the same text that this story comes from, there are detailed descriptions of air ships, lasers, all kinds of current tech.

Some would call it a dream, but that would beg to ask, how can someone think that or dream that with no frame of reference?

It certainly does appear that we are "...doomed to repeat it...".

edit on 11/27/2011 by ctdannyd because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

What I think is someone from the present modern times is attributing modern things onto the post.

Did they have nuclear weapons 10,000 years ago? No.

link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Not likely. The work that goes into and science to it all, its all but impossible. This could be caused by an impact of a meteor or comet perhaps. That is what some scientist have said happened in Sodom and Gorrorah.

edit on 26-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

That's quite an arrogant closed minded position to hold onto.

If so-called "modern" mankind could achieve its current state of technology in less than a couple hundred years with its much worshipped ability to obliterate itself back into a hunter/gatherer state in a matter of days or even hours, why could mankind not have done that before? You can't answer that question except on the basis of many groundless assumptions
edit on 11/27/2011 by dubiousone because: Clarification, spelling, grammar.

Because all the natural resources needed to do it were sitting practically untouched at the surface of the ground when we started to mine on a major industrial level. Had it been done before then there wouldn't have been any left for us. And it takes millions and millions of years for the earth to replace the resources.

There's no evidence of major industry before us and if there's no major industry there's no splitting an atom.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

I appreciate what you're saying but how could we have advanced without industry?

Invention is almost never something created form scratch. There's a flow on effect from one thing to another. Radar becomes the micro wave oven. The telescope becomes the microscope. One discovery becomes something usefull to the next discovery or one invention is useful to the next invention. The circuit board we know today has its roots all the way back to the big clumsy copper wire strands of old connecting two big clumsy points of power together.

How could a civilisation which shows no evidence of mechanical electronic technology split an atom? Before you can build a chamber you first need to mine the materials and create all the little bits and pieces that would go into creating that technology. That can't be done with a few bits of iron ore sitting at the surface. And all those little bits and pieces must first be invented for other reasons.

The switch for a light bulb was invented before the switch to a nuclear powerplant. Could you imagine a couple of hundred years ago someone just poping up and saying "look I invented a hadron collider"? No because electricity had to come first.

You are basing your argument on the fact that nuclear technology couldn't have belonged to ancient man . What if it belonged to somebody else ??????

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Interesting post OP.

I have always suspected that previous civilisations were advanced as we are (if not more) however as with all things cyclic, death and rebirth, civilisations fell and rose again.

This would explain a lot of things, history does repeat itself after all so are we approaching a rebirth, quite possibly.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Yes there was, we cover the same old ground all the time over and over until we learn, then we can evolve.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

You are basing your argument on the fact that nuclear technology couldn't have belonged to ancient man . What if it belonged to somebody else ??????

See this is where all credibility dies. If it can't be proven to be us then it must have been aliens or something. How about we just never had nuclear technology before the 20th century and anything that went bang before that was an object of nature falling from the sky.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

I'm not going to go over human evolution for you. If you are a creationist, or a Battlestar Galacticationist, no one can change your mind.

What if we were oringinally stranded here ? Would we not have eveolved in exactly the same way as you suggest ?

Sure, if we were a bunch of single-celled organisms shooting DNA at each other and we were stranded here 3.5 billion years ago.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
None of this matters as there's no ACTUAL evidence of radiation, a blast, etc., etc

I have provided numerous links which document this.

The whole OP is untrue, more or less.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
ancient nuke or comet breakup/impact; but wasnt there low levels of radiation or signs of manmade radioactive decay detected? cant remember 100% been awhile since ive seen the article's .

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

reply to post by tpg65

I'm not going to go over human evolution for you. If you are a creationist, or a Battlestar Galacticationist, no one can change your mind.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one the whole "All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again" is wearing thin for.

This has all happened before in season 3 episode 8 of the re imagined Battlestar Galactica and it will keep happening again all the way until the final scene in the last episode of season 4.

It was a clever line in a made for television science fiction drama, not some missing text from the Bhāgavata Purāṇa.

ATS, sometimes you are your own worst enemy.

edit on 27-11-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by tpg65

Sure, if we were a bunch of single-celled organisms shooting DNA at each other and we were stranded here 3.5 billion years ago.

Sorry. It's a bit off topic but that repsonse is true and brilliant.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

reply to post by tpg65

What if we were oringinally stranded here ? Would we not have eveolved in exactly the same way as you suggest ?

Time will tell . Until then , believe what you will and I will do the same .
I'm sorry if my opinions do not match yours , but then , what a boring world we would live in if we were all so alike .

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join