It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there an atomic war roughly 10,000 years ago?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
To all of those out there that do not or rather will not believe that the 'nuke' war scenario could possibly be real i ask you one question.

What is the main reason that you think it's not true?

Is it because it seems impossible? or is it because our historical knowledge seems to contradict it?

The reality, if you look at all of the available 'clue's' (i use this word in place of 'evidence' as the word 'evidence' suggests that it has been proven to support the nuke war theory..... and yes i say nuke because i can't spell the other word, damn you bush) They actually go a long way to support the idea.

You have written records AND physical evidence, in modern days for something like a murder trial this would be sufficient to make a case, the result would come down to the lawyers debating skills.
Obviously this is more important then a murder trial so we can't afford to let a silver tongue decide this one.

(Lack of respect for modern legal process was fully intended)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

For me personally the reason is all the information that is out there that I have come across is fabricated. The supposed translation is false, the walls turned to glass is false, the number of bodies and locations is false. The only thing that is true is there is radiation there. But, if there was a explosion, why is it still there when hiroshima is back to normal and it was hit this century. If you want to use a court room analogy I personally think you would find this would get thrown out as it is only supported by internet copy/pasta.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SweetKarma

Do you have a link about the history of Uranium mining please friend? When I looked it up all the sites I went to seem to say it has only been noticed for roughly the past 500/600 years prior to Uranium's discovery and this sounds really interesting.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

all fair points.
I tend to agree about the fabrications or at least the possibility of them being fabricated but how do you know that they are fabricated?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I agree everything on the net needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Although in this particular case I have been unable to find anything to support the claims. A very good source of the radiation in these areas could be from the simplest of reasons which are the nuclear reactors in the area. That tidbit is never talked about in most of the supporting sites. One other problem with the claims are the lack of photographs to support said destruction. If a wall of an ancient city were actually "liquified" and turned to glass, its a reasonable assumption in my opinion someone would have thought "holy crap" and snapped a photo or two.

While I do think our history is missing things that we do not realize something of this magnitude has nothing to support it from my personal reading over the years.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Extra-terrestrial visitation has become such a big thing recently it's become hard to tell truth from fiction. Most of the evidence used for ET visitation is a far stretch of the imagination. Then again, most of the evidence against ET visitation isn't really evidence just a quick 'well, no.' Both sides of the story deserve to be looked into IMO, and the bits about the mis-translation should ring a few alarm bells in your head. Thats why I take anything that says 'taken from (such and such) ancient texts' with a grain of salt because, I personally cannot read sanskrit (or w/e it is that it was written in) and so I cannot make an accurate conclusion about the quality of the translation.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Thanks for posting this fascinating bit of information.

One truly must wonder what people were capable of several hundred years ago.

This is the only thing that I must disagree with though:

I am not claiming that this is a proof of advanced civilization

If we are to evolve and truly consider ourselves "advanced civilizations", we need to get rid of any and all atomic weapons as well as other means of mass killings.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

simple

the infrastructure required to produce enriched uranium requires a very advanced civilization, and there is no real tangible evidence of it at all, either the civilization or the uranium. what you get 10,000 years ago is cave drawings, not uranium enrichment

you need electrical generation plants, cables to get the electricity to the lab, materials to make the wires, scientific knowledge, the ability to build an advanced laboratory and all the electronic equipment, all the materials to build the equipment, the ability to mine uranium, enrich it, detonate it etc et etc

was this really a serious question, or did I just answer a rhetorical question ?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ph0en1x

Without a doubt. Although I don't know if it was 'Nuclear' per se but more likely some other technology, given they describe it as an 'iron' lightning bolt then I'd hazard a guess it's some sort of laser/plasma beam with similar results to a thermonuclear device.

That and the elaborate design of the Vimana, also detailed in the Sanskrit texts.

HOW CAN IT NOT BE WHAT THEY ARE TRYING THEIR BEST TO DESCRIBE WITH THEIR LIMITED UNDERSTANDING OF PHYSICS AND TECHNOLOGY?

Although, the actual appearance of the design of the Vimana is an incredible statement in itself.

Anyone who thinks these texts are saying something other than what they are obviously saying, that is, THESE GODS FLEW AROUND IN VEHICLES IN WHICH THEY SEEMED TO LIVE IN, AND WAGED MIGHTY WAR OVER THEIR HEADS, those people who cannot see this, are........in denial.

Sorry for the shouting but it is just ridiculous seeing these texts and reading them and not see what is really being described. That is, descriptions no different than Moses' account of the cloud that he entered to get the 10 commandments.

They are all ET's. The entity higher than them is the infinite creator/creation. I don't think any Human can really even comprehend it therefore if it were to manifest here then it's message would be to steer people towards the right path.

Without bringing RELIGION into the discussion I have wondered if certain people throughout time have been this respective manifestation.
edit on 27-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

The writings talking of the flying chariots and machines are very interesting for sure. While I do disagree with you in the stance that someone is in denial if they feel that these are mythical. I personally don't have a strong stance either way but I admit to leaning toward the stories being simply elegant written stories. That being said I don't think anyone should take that as truth and should dig deeper and look for possible relics to prove these existed. I know I am always keeping an eye out for something new in our ancient past.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
According to the Indians,the Aryan race had a nuclear war thousands of years ago which ended very badly for everyone and it could also explain the craters in Scandinavia which have a lot of radiation.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I love how some people believe so highly in our own culture that they believe we are the only ones who have acheived a level of technology that we have acheived and no other civilization came before us that was greater then we are.

I find it laughable. There is evidence all over the world proving humans were more technologically advanced then we are today, Nazca, Egypt, Maya, India and more, The Native Americans, all have these great stories of a great time which eventually disappeared in time due to a great disaster. We still wonder how these civilizations could build their structures and with such precision. Hell we still don't even understand the pyramids.

Anyone who ignores the evidence and says we are the best in our known world is ignorant indeed. Mathematically we are worse today then builders were in Egypts time. It's safe to say they knew enough to cause great destruction.
edit on 27-11-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492

For me personally the reason is all the information that is out there that I have come across is fabricated. The supposed translation is false, the walls turned to glass is false, the number of bodies and locations is false. The only thing that is true is there is radiation there. But, if there was a explosion, why is it still there when hiroshima is back to normal and it was hit this century. If you want to use a court room analogy I personally think you would find this would get thrown out as it is only supported by internet copy/pasta.

Can you prove your assumptions? To not trust other sources at all, you might as well start your knowledge in the caveman days.

As for the destruction in the past being around longer, it's safe to say they built something stronger then a Nuke.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There has been evidence to show that ancient Indian cities have experienced nuclear radiation.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
No...there was not an atomic war!

There was a volcanic eruption though...which explains almost all of the occurrences during that time!

I'll see if I can find the video that explains it...be right back!
edit on 27-11-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Great subject...you may be off on the timing and scope of the war.

The best analysis of this topic is the book by Joseph P Farrell. The Cosmic War: Interplanetary Warfare, Modern Physics, and Ancient Texts

An excellent interview was conducted on Coast to Coast with Dr Farrell on this subject...enjoy:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here is Another Website to contribute too this Thread!

From the Living Room Site ( Zorgon's Site)

Ancient City Found In India
Irradiated By Nuclear Blast
8,000 Years Ago...
www.thelivingmoon.com...

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
According to the Indians,the Aryan race had a nuclear war thousands of years ago which ended very badly for everyone and it could also explain the craters in Scandinavia which have a lot of radiation.

Linky would help your story and the OP

but if you can't find it that a other thing and say so

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the post! At least this is something we can all sink out teeth into and have a good debate over
Second line

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's interesting reading accounts of ancient super-weapons and technology.

It's possible these stories and recounts of actual events are in the bible, vedas, koran, etc, etc.. but those events are described as they could describe something in their own ancient words. If you saw an atom bomb in ancient egypt, how would you describe it? Something like "A fiery blossom arose from the ground and into the skies, and the wrath of Ra was felt for miles."

Obviously that can be interpreted to be something figurative, or maybe that's them *trying* to describe something as fantastical as a nuclear explosion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join