It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there an atomic war roughly 10,000 years ago?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Couldn't it mean 'the layer of ash' was a layer on top of the excavated areas and not

LITERALLY still on the surface? As 1,000's of years of monsoon rains would either of washed it

away or if the earth in that area was very absorbent would wash it straight down.

And what vegetation?? Nothing would grow for years after radiation and i beleive that area of

Rajasthan has sandy soil and arid and parched regions.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Other than some nice copy/pasta sites there doesn't appear to be any "radioactive ash". As far as nothing growing in the region due to some sort of radiation have you seen recent pics of nagasaki or hiroshima? Very green, radiation problems.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

It was captainnotsoobvoius who mentioned vegetation quote:

"what with rain, wind and vegetation, and i don't care how thick ash is it dosen't last 10K years"

As for Nagasaki and Hiroshima there was no vegetation after August 1945 when the bomb was

dropped!. There may be now 66 years later............................

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

My apologies if I misunderstood your take on the matter. And yes there is normal vegetation in the area where the bombs were dropped now as well as normal background radiation just like anywhere else on the earth.

I replied to your previous posts one page back in this thread I would like your thoughts on that as well in case you may have missed it.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There must be a more scientific way to verify these kinds of things?

Like, digging in the earths and rocks, or taking measurements of radioactivity?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
This is some of the most laughable and easily disprovable evidence ever.

That comment simply proves you know nothing about geology. Ash layers are used all the time to study volcanic activity and air movement of particles. Debunk if you must, but at least know what you are talking about before calling something laughable

A number of primary volcanic ash, or tephra layers, are found in the ice cores from Taylor Dome and from Siple Dome, West Antarctica. Tephra layers, when found in sedimentary sequences such as ice, provide time-stratigraphic markers because volcanic eruptions, ash transport, and deposition occur in geologically-short time intervals. A well-defined and chemically distinctive tephra layer is found at a depth of 79.2 meters in the Taylor Dome ice core. Although this layer is interpreted to be from a local source volcano and cannot be directly dated, it is chemically indistinguishable from a layer found at a depth of between 97.2 and 97.7 meters in the Siple Dome B core. Based on the geochemical correlation, as well as the similarity of shard morphology, these layers are interpreted to be the result of the same volcanic eruption, and therefore to represent the same time interval in the two cores.

earthweb.ess.washington.edu...

No this is not from India, its just a study on ash layers from a credible university

And, I don't care how thick ash is, it doesn't last for 10k years, what with rain and wind and vegetation.

Yes you don't care about facts... that is obvious... too bad your are wrong

Title: Ash layers Location: Santorini
Date: September 1999
Photographer: © Howard Grubb, 1999

You need more examples?

Chimborazo, Ecuador
Layers of ash a few miles away from the volcanic cone.

I really like this picture...

What you see here is layers of basalt lava, layers of ash and layers of sedimentary rock, which means at one time those areas were under water, yet there are still ash layers

edit on 6-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
Um.. That's conjecture and only conjecture in the eyes of the supporters if the myth. I

Actually Philip Coppens is a skeptic... but that article covers both sides of the debate very nicely. This is what a true skeptic should do... look at it without bias... unlike most skeptics here at ATS who are merely debunkers on a mission to convince everyone that they are right

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
A neutron bomb would answer 'captainnotsoobvious's point of some walls in Mohenjo Daro
still standing after the devastation of a bomb?

Oh yes it would
There is still some blast with the ones we have created and so some damage at ground zero, but ours are not perfected yet
The military goal is to have as less physical damages as possible...

However a neutron bomb would wipe out all life in the area, man, animal, vegetable and even the smallest microbe... All gone in an instant... basically sterilize the area

There would be no birth defects like in normal radiation because there is no lasting effect. Birth defects come from people who survived the exposure, with neutron radiation its a one shot deal

Point is if one is talking advanced weapons, there are many possibilities that would achieve the results, many of which our black ops is already working with and we only discovered atomics a few decades ago

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

The pertinent point on your post to me was "exist to my knowledge"...........Well me i am

one who is yet UNDECIDED as to what is true: one who is looking or enquiring as to what

is true.

The photo spread you linked to was fairly general, with no close up of anything of interest

[such as the possibility of glass fragments] The ruins are an enigma to me as the sanitation

system of that old site is far superior to that of India 250 years ago, which would make that

OLD civilisation FAR ahead of where we are today!

Even today they do not have toilet facilities, as we know them, in the rural areas! and their

bathing rituals are not in baths as we know, execpt in the area's that have been 'westernised'

Make no mistake i am not a believer in 'ancient astronauts' ...............So that leaves me with

the idea that, maybe... there were VERY advanced civilisations - more so than where we are

at now.

At present the USA, Britain, Russia, Israel, India and others have nuclear weapons, and all

governments are talking up nuclear power...............look what happened in Chernobyl and

lately in Japan with accidents, and don't forget Nagasaki and Hiroshima with bombs We

could create a lot of devastation, cities hold the vast majority of population's and all records

so we could end up like Mohenjo Daro................The scientific 'brains' gone and a remaining

'sick' population trying to explain to the children how it all happened??....THE MAHABARATA??

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Fair enough. Although I do think using an advanced plumbing system is a bit much to try and harbor a belief that a society split the atom and lived in mud brick cities. I do agree we have advanced and lost information over the years but nothing even remotely close to what this thread suggests.

The photo spread is actually very good. The claims are walls of glass. I don't think closeups would be required to see something off about a wall that has been altered from its original state. The facts on these sites are not the ones on the copy\pasta sites. Although those are very interesting reads, every piece of supportive information used has been either fabricated or altered to say something the actual facts do not say.

I hope you are looking for the truth, if you are I have no doubt you will find it in this particular story. It's really not that hard to track down. Best of luck.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Go read the claim. It's not a geologic claim, as in theydug down and found the ash, it's that's theres an existing layer of ash laying around.

I am well aware or the stratification of the land.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Go read the claim.

So do you have a copy of the original report?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
Two billion years ago parts of an African uranium deposit spontaneously underwent nuclear fission. The details of this remarkable phenomenon are just now becoming clear

Thanks for the link. Been meaning to look that up but it got filed for later

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
So we have some radiation in the general area of an ancient city. Thats basically all we have to this story. Given that there is no mass destruction, no evidence of mass deaths, and no ancient writings what are we left with?

A mystery that remains unsolved

You say there is documentation of this radiation... so do many sources...

What we need is a copy of the actual radiation report... because waste from a reactor, left over isotopes from a blast, or natural radioactive stuff in the ground all have unique signatures. So we need the radiation reports. If it is true that the government disallowed housing on that area... there will be records of that... in India

I have seen photos of the bodies, I have seen photos of bits of vitrified material supposedly from the area, but the problem is providence. There is no way to match documentation with the photos

Phil made one comment that is fitting..

"Is this the best evidence? One sceptic stated: “I am sick and tired of hearing this [the possibility of an atomic explosion in India], and I cannot find any debunks of this either. Anyone who can debunk this, or is this really true?” That is indeed the question… and an important one. The stakes are high, as one would expect when facing the best evidence. "

I am looking into that odd crater, to see if there is any evidence to support that it was not a meteorite. I think I will contact Mike Singh and see what he can find for me locally

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by steveknows
Um.. That's conjecture and only conjecture in the eyes of the supporters if the myth. I

Actually Philip Coppens is a skeptic... but that article covers both sides of the debate very nicely. This is what a true skeptic should do... look at it without bias... unlike most skeptics here at ATS who are merely debunkers on a mission to convince everyone that they are right

So you don't know what conjecture means? OK.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here is one photo supposedly from that area...

Based on his study of many ancient manuscripts, Davenport believes that the end of Mohenjo Daro was tied to a state of war between the Aryans and the Dravidian. Aryans controlled regions where space aliens were mining minerals and exploiting other natural resources, he believes. Because it was a Dravidian city, the aliens had agreed to destroy Mohenjo Daro on behalf of the Aryans. The aliens needed the friendship of the Aryan kings so that they could continue their prospecting and research, explained Davenport. The texts tell us that 30,000 inhabitants of the city were given seven days to get out – a clear warning that everything was about to be destroyed. Obviously, some people didn’t heed the warning, because 44 human skeletons were found there in 1927, just a few years after the city was discovered.

subharanjangupta.wordpress.com...

So I need to buy Davenport's book and see what he has as references to follow up on.

Unfortunately since we don't have providence on these photos they are only of interest, not much use as proof

And the site the pics came from says...

"With input from:"

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Again you quote from a non credible source.

How are they a non credible source? Bibliotecapleyades is merely an information gathering 'warehouse' If you take the time to notice the original source they copied from you will see the article used came from Nexus Magazine. So are you saying Nexus is not a credible source?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarensHoliday
There must be a more scientific way to verify these kinds of things?

That would require a field trip
or at least contacting the Indian Archaeology organizations that are actually digging on the site and see what they found

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOMAN618
reply to post by Ph0en1x
Ive heard that remnants of atomically formed glass has been found at various blast sites around the world.

the Egyptians used pieces of desert glass formed in what they believed to be wars between the gods as sacramental ornaments. Various other glasses have been found that seem to have been formed by ancient nuclear blasts, since the radiation melts the glass in a certain way. This would be an interesting one to study independently.

While I like the "Electric Universe" theory promoted by Thunderbolts... as far as the glass goes even Wikipedia tells us the scientists are not sure...

I have recently purchased many pieces of identified meteorite strikes from the Sahara desert as well as some black and green tektites (desert glass) but the problem is that where they find meteorites they do not necessarily find any glass... and there are vast areas of glass found with ZERO evidence of a meteorite.

The fact that these glasses are found in DESERTS is interesting enough. Perhaps they are now deserts because of some ancient wars

Libyan desert glass

Libyan desert glass (LDG), or great sand sea glass is a substance found in areas in the Libyan Desert. Fragments of desert glass can be found over large areas, up to tens of kilometers.

Geologic origin

The origin of the glass is a controversial issue for the scientific community, with many evolving theories. Meteoritic origins for the glass were long suspected, and recent research linked the glass to impact features, such as zircon-breakdown, vaporized quartz and meteoritic metals, and to one impact crater. Some geologists associate the glass not with impact melt ejecta, but with radiative melting from meteoric large aerial bursts. If that were the case, the glass would be analogous to trinitite, which is created from sand exposed to the thermal radiation of a nuclear explosion. The Libyan desert glass has been dated as having formed about 26 million years ago. It was knapped and used as a tool during the Pleistocene Era. However, since no glass can survive longer than 100,000 years or so without recrystalizing, this date is problematic.

en.wikipedia.org...

Your right though... the Egyptians did use it as jewelry

Tutankhamun's pectoral features a scarab carved from desert glass

So scientist and geologist cannot be sure where it came from, but do compare it to the sand exposed to the thermal radiation of a nuclear explosion

I have some samples I just got in from the Gobi desert. If anyone living in Australia feels generous, maybe you can send me some bits of Darwin glass

Fragments of Darwin glass are found scattered over a 410 km² area. Such an area is called a strewn field. On slopes and flat ground between 250 and 500 m elevation, the glass occurs with quartzite fragments buried under peat and soil. The peat is normally around 20 cm thick, and the quartzite fragment horizon is typically 30 cm thick. On mountain peaks higher than 500 m, the bedrock is directly exposed to the air, and Darwin glass occurs occasionally on the surface. In valleys below 220 m the Darwin glass is buried below peat and sediments. The glass occurs north, west and south from the crater. Its distribution extends to Kelly Basin and the lower northeast shore of Macquarie Harbour. Northwards it extends almost to the Lyell Highway and Crotty Dam. Darwin glass is rare in the crater itself.

In controlled excavations of gravel deposits the abundance of Darwin glass was found to vary from 0.3 to 47 kg/m³. The highest abundance was found about 2 km from the crater, with the average abundance estimated at 3.4 kg/m³ of gravel over a 50 km² study area near the crater. From this it can be estimated that about 25000 tons of Darwin glass, or about 10000 m³, occurs in this 50 km² area. The amount of glass is large compared with the size of the crater. Preservation is helped by acid ground water which does not dissolve the glass, but this alone cannot explain the glass abundance. There is so much glass present that the glass must have been more copiously produced than in other meteorite impacts of similar size.

The glass is an impactite resulting from the melting of local rocks due to the impact of a large meteorite. The assumed source is a 1.2-kilometer-wide topographic depression known as Darwin Crater. The crater is filled with 230 m of sediments and breccia. A crater of that size would be created by a meteorite 20 to 50 m in diameter and its impact with Earth would release 20 megatons of energy.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Assumed Source" gotta love that scientific mumbo jumbo. So here we have a small crater that produced way more glass than it should have if it was a normal meteorite
. Will definitely need some of that to add to the collection

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
BBC did an article on this piece...

Tut's gem hints at space impact

In 1996 in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, Italian mineralogist Vincenzo de Michele spotted an unusual yellow-green gem in the middle of one of Tutankhamun's necklaces.

The jewel was tested and found to be glass, but intriguingly it is older than the earliest Egyptian civilisation.

An Austrian astrochemist Christian Koeberl had established that the glass had been formed at a temperature so hot that there could be only one known cause: a meteorite impacting with Earth. And yet there were no signs of a suitable impact crater, even in satellite images.

American geophysicist John Wasson is another scientist interested in the origins of the glass. He suggested a solution that came directly from the forests of Siberia. "When the thought came to me that it required a hot sky, I thought immediately of the Tunguska event," he told Horizon.

In 1908, a massive explosion flattened 80 million trees in Tunguska, Siberia. Although there was no sign of a meteorite impact, scientists now think an extraterrestrial object of some kind must have exploded above Tunguska. Wasson wondered if a similar aerial burst could have produced enough heat to turn the ground to glass in the Egyptian desert.

The first atomic bomb detonation, at the Trinity site in New Mexico in 1945, created a thin layer of glass on the sand. But the area of glass in the Egyptian desert is vastly bigger. Whatever happened in Egypt must have been much more powerful than an atomic bomb.

The simulation revealed that an impactor could indeed generate a blistering atmospheric fireball, creating surface temperatures of 1,800C, and leaving behind a field of glass. "What I want to emphasize is that it is hugely bigger in energy than the atomic tests," said Boslough. "Ten thousand times more powerful."

news.bbc.co.uk...

So we need one mighty big blast to account for all that glass in the Shahara Desert... something "Wrath of God" like that destroyed Sodom and Gamorrah

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join