It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there an atomic war roughly 10,000 years ago?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I believe in this possiblity, but it does not fit in with the time-line of vedic knowledge, according to the yuga cycles we would have been decending out of the golden age of man (age of the gods, age of truth....) so though I think there could have been an explosion of great energy, I am more curious as to what motivated it, if not war.

little image of the cycle dates

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I think many civilizations have shown advancements that rival what we have today, but it seems to be mostly focused around aqueducts, plumbing and city layout/design. Medical advances appear to be attributed to herbal remedies but what about other signs of technology?

We've found, no matter how rare, extremely rare items from the skeletons of long ago dinosaurs to bracelets and cave drawings of ancient peoples. So where is the smoking gun of a radio or a factory with fragments of motherboards?

I'm certainly not doubting, but if two ancient Indian cultures vanished off the face of the earth by nuclear attack -- wouldn't there be hints of the materials used to build the reactors that were required or the planes that launched them?

What about the advances leading up to that point? Human curiosity is not unique to our generation for lack of a better term. Surely someone in one of these civilizations would have wondered what the moon is like and launched their own shuttles, or at the very least - satellites, to see what else is out there. So even if by chance no earthly record remains, something up there would.

edit on 26-11-2011 by PhoenixDown because: finished a thought!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
the element most commonly used is uranium 235

the half life is 700 million years

where is the evidence ?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixDown

Those are all valid points and honestly, I do not have an answer to them. As I stated in the original post, I am not saying that this exactly was the case. I am just curious as to how close it comes to describing a nuclear scenario. For all we know, there could be a perfectly reasonable explanation e.g. asteroid/comet impact as other users have suggested above.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
If this is true, just goes to show how humans as a species really don't learn from their mistakes, or at least need to work on their memories!

And that is completely mind boggling about the Indian site they believe was destroyed by a nuclear explosion roughly 10,000 years ago... Could the suggested explosion have been caused by nature, or by accident, by any chance?

If not, time to move on, modern science. Time to rewrite the history books big time, no?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It runs in cycles. Mankind blows itself back to the stone age, relearns over a span of millenia, and blows itself back to the stone age again. It'd be fitting.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
It runs in cycles. Mankind blows itself back to the stone age, relearns over a span of millenia, and blows itself back to the stone age again. It'd be fitting.

That's why we need to change. The entire way humanity views life through the filters of society, especially in consumer-whore countries like our own, well, it's made so many of us retarded - just YouTube "black friday" - the implications of the sickening behavior of these primitive shoppers makes you wonder how they'd act if their fragile, materialistic world they depend so gravely on was to collapse in on itself. Madness I'd say.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

The truth in your posts makes me terribly upset, lucky that masterpiece of a photograph that is your avatar always makes me smile

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Good find S&F
The sad part is we are just about to do it again will we ever learn

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Nuclear fission... So easy a caveman could do it!

reply to post by Ph0en1x

OP-The subject is indeed interesting. Thanks for sharing!
edit on 11/27/2011 by xenthuin because: Too quick to submit the first time...

This actually got me thinking... I wonder if it is possible that a meteor/asteroid with a critical mass of uranium could have impacted Earth. Might the impact be able to trigger a nuclear reaction?! I'm no physicist, astronomer, or astrophysicist, but to me it does not seem impossible...
edit on 11/27/2011 by xenthuin because: Further pondering

edit on 11/27/2011 by xenthuin because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah

The truth in your posts makes me terribly upset, lucky that masterpiece of a photograph that is your avatar always makes me smile

It's funny because before I read this I briefly admired your eye-avatar on the top of the page too! We must think alike!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Nice! Whats the source on that photo? If you took it, I bow down.

My eye is part of a painting I have been working on for too long, seriously like 6 months.... ouch

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
There are indeed many ancient references to these 'atomic wars', some of which has already been mentioned in this thread. The Bible has an account on the fate of Sodom & Gomorra, however, in order to keep this a terrestrial phenomena and not extra-terrestrial, we would naturally need to ask ourselves the question, what evidence if any, exists to show that ancient man might indeed have possessed this kind of technology, to harness nuclear power and perhaps, had the knowledge to create nuclear weapons from it's material?.

One such example does exists of an ancient nuclear reactor and when you take into consideration just how difficult it is for modern man to build, refine, process and continue a safe nuclear reaction then the site at Oklo in Gabon, Africa, (which has been attributed to nothing more than a 'natural occurrence' ) must surly be taken more seriously.

The nuclear reactor found at Oklo in 1976 consists of 16 locations running along a 200 meter mine bed which scientists confirm that self-sustaining nuclear chain reactions had occurred some 1.7 billion years ago.

This is what wiki [the establishment] says:-

A natural nuclear fission reactor is a uranium deposit where analysis of isotope ratios has shown that self-sustaining nuclear chain reactions have occurred. The existence of this phenomenon was discovered in 1972 at Oklo in Gabon, Africa, by French physicist Francis Perrin. The conditions under which a natural nuclear reactor could exist had been predicted in 1956 by Paul Kazuo Kuroda. The conditions found were very similar to what was predicted.

Oklo is the only known location for this in the world and consists of 16 sites at which self-sustaining nuclear fission reactions took place approximately 1.7 billion years ago, and ran for a few hundred thousand years, averaging 100 kW of power output during that time

Further more, the official establishment then goes onto describing how such a natural occurring self-sustaining nuclear reaction could have been achieved.

The natural nuclear reactor formed when a uranium-rich mineral deposit became inundated with groundwater that acted as a neutron moderator, and a nuclear chain reaction took place. The heat generated from the nuclear fission caused the groundwater to boil away, which slowed or stopped the reaction. After cooling of the mineral deposit, the water returned and the reaction started again. These fission reactions were sustained for hundreds of thousands of years, until a chain reaction could no longer be supported.

Fission of uranium normally produces five known isotopes of the fission-product gas xenon; all five have been found trapped in the remnants of the natural reactor, in varying concentrations. The concentrations of xenon isotopes, found trapped in mineral formations 2 billion years later, make it possible to calculate the specific time intervals of reactor operation: approximately 30 minutes of criticality followed by 2 hours and 30 minutes of cooling down to complete a 3-hour cycle.

Source (I took the liberty to highlight certain words in the above extracts.)

There we have it. A natural occurring nuclear reactor, of which only one has been found and verified, that started off around 1.7 billion years ago, that ran for just a few hundred thousand years and was stopped going critical and causing something like we have had at Chernobyl & Fukushima because local ground water was able to naturally regulate this reaction in three hour cycles for a few hundred thousand years without interruption. Nature is truly incredible.

Further reading:-
Evidence of Ancient Atomic Knowledge?
1.8 Billion Year Old Nuclear Reactor In African Republic Of Gabon
THE NATURAL NUCLEAR REACTOR AT OKLO: A
COMPARISON WITH MODERN NUCLEAR REACTORS

edit on 27/11/2011 by Freelancer because: typo

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

When reading about the war as described in the Baghavad Gita ( Hindu religion), and assuming there is no smoke without a fire, yes, there was something like an atomic war long time ago.

And after the finds in India, the last doubt I had about previous civiliztions and things like that, isappeared.

It all happened before and it seems we learned nothing.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This whole thread got me started on some research about the subject matter S+F! If anyone is interested here is an ancient aliens video (40+ minutes long) going into some more detail about the subject. It's a good watch, even goes into detail about the nazi party getting a hold of said tech and using it to develop high tech weapons to win the war.

Ancient Aliens Season 2 Ep 05..

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
as i understand it a nuclear explosion doesnt cause the immediate area to become terribly radioactive. most of the radioactive material is destroyed, and the energy released is gamma radiation, which doesnt make other elements radioactive. take hiroshima and nagasaki for example, the radiation there is virtually the same as the rest of the world, and it hasnt been that long in the grand scheme of things.

so if there is in fact a higher level of radiation at an archaeological site, thats say 10k years old its unlikely it was caused by a nuclear explosion.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ph0en1x
I came upon this site: www.bibliotecapleyades.net... which has some very fascinating information:

Consider these verses from the ancient Mahabharata:

...(it was) a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendor...

..it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

..The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.

That sounds a lot like an atomic weapon. The author goes on to say that it might just be a poetic way to mention the ancient warfare. I am, however, very intrigued by this. I am not claiming that this is a proof of advanced civilization in ancient times or anything of that nature. I just wanted to get ATSers' opinion on what they think. It is curious to say the least.

edit on 26-11-2011 by Ph0en1x because: Spelling

Interesting find, whenever we come across this kind of thing I'm always drawn towards "This has all happened before, and it will happen again." It does seem plausable that we were more advanced in the past than we are led to believe, I mean lets face it, everyone screams "where is the proof?", but to me we only have the word of the MSM and our governments to go by, and let's face it, anyone can be bought or sold to keep the real truth from coming out to the masses, especially if it involves government funding.
In addition we have seen our own governments covering things up over the years, and proof or not it may have been no different back then. Say an ancient but advanced nation did get their hands on nuclear weapons and used them against an enemy, perhaps not realising their potential, in the aftermath wouldn't the winning side make an attempt to cover up or destroy any evidence, especially if said technology was either forbidden or too advanced for the common man to know the truth about (Manhattan Project anyone?).
It's also possible the survivors vowed after the devastation they would clean up their world and stop fighting each other? After all, it says in many prophecies great wars and great loss of life would be followed by a golden age, maybe it is true of our ancient ancestors. We have come so far in such a short span of time (tech wise), it doesn't seem too unreasonable to assume ancient societies did the same.
Besides, life is cyclical, not linear...

"All this has happened before, and it will happen again...."

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
reply to post by Ph0en1x

yes. we won.

No, we lost.

It was about 12-14k B.C.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I believe that there was in fact an interplanetary war in ancient India-it's in all their writings.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I thought this story was fascinating when I first came across it some time ago. But, after researching I have found the information is very misleading. Here is a very in depth look at all the information regarding these claims and the sites being referenced as well as the mistranslated text.

www.thinkdigit.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join