It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lupe Fiasco Inspiring Peaceful Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am making this thread about Lupe in terms of his status as a political leader, not about him as a musician.

He just released a free album called "friend of the people" where he clearly supports revolution, a bold move for a mainstream musician. This free mixtape has been downloaded 125,000+ times from just the "hulkshare" link he posted on his FB and twitter in just three days, which is very good considering he made no music videos or anything and plus it's not a full album with a lot of recycled beats.

Now, for those who don't listen to his music and don't want to, here is some of what he was saying.

From a track called "end of the world"

"Yeah, the people, united, will never be defeated
And all my people’s might just forever be repeated
These streets our streets, it’ll never be deleted
No matter how many cops that you send to try and beat it
This is revolution in the making
A ragtag movement set to takeover the nation
Now isn’t that fun?
You just wanna make the world better, isn’t that young?
Well, blessings to the youth then
And don’t stop, until they let the truth in
Once there, never let it leave
And protect it, they’ll catch it and never set it free
And every set is free
Blood sweat and tears, no place I’d rather be
So, let’s occupy Wall Street, all day, all week"

Also an interesting note, is his choice of album cover. He has been attacked by Bill'O Reilly for calling Obama a terrorist (yeah, Bill'O came to Obama's defense just to attack Lupe, lol you know he must be on to something) so I think he is trying to make a point of where his faith is, so fake Christians like Bill'O have a harder time attacking him.

Here is the album art(note this is what came with the download, there is an alternative more trendy cover also):

Again, the reason I posted this here instead of in the music section is because even if your not a fan of his actual music, this may be interesting news to those who are following the Ocuppy movement on both sides as Lupe is a largely followed voice of revolution since the release of "words I never said." Also it his criticisms of Obama makes it very clear this is not Left or Right. Plus he is rich and this is certainly not the type of music that gets radio play, so you know it has nothing to do with begging for hand outs.

edit on 26-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What exactly is he revolting against?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

I really enjoyed one of his previous songs.
The lyrics will give you and idea about his ideaology. And its a good song too.

edit on 11/26/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

Lyrics-

I really think the war on terror is a bunch of bull### Just a poor excuse for you to use up all your bullets How much money does it take to really make a full clip 9/11 building 7 did they really pull it Uhh, And a bunch of other cover ups Your childs future was the first to go with budget cuts If you think that hurts then, wait here comes the uppercut The school was garbage in the first place, thats on the up and up Keep you at the bottom but tease you with the uppercrust You get it then they move you so you never keeping up enough If you turn on TV all you see’s a bunch of “what the f-cks” Dude is dating so and so blabbering bout such and such And that aint Jersey Shore, homie thats the news And these the same people that supposed to be telling us the truth Limbaugh is a racist, Glenn Beck is a racist Gaza strip was getting bombed, Obama didn’t say # Thats why I aint vote for him, next one either I’ma part of the problem, my problem is I’m peaceful And I believe in the people.

edit on 11/26/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
What exactly is he revolting against?

Listen to "words I never said" by Lupe on youtube, that explains it. Edit - beat me to it VonDoomen

For those who are too blind to see the world is backwards and that we NEED a revolution, start with reading the wikipedia page for Halliburton, check the sources to see it's all true, realize Cheney is not in jail. Face palm as you realize the US government is corrupted and ran by criminals. Then read on ATS about insider trading in congress... Then go drive you car around and get stopped at a random check point which is totally unconstitutional (happened to me today when I was coming back from a thanksgiving trip with my family, not at DUI check point, it was 4 in the afternoon on the off ramp of a major highway, made my dad show his driver's license and checked that we were wearing seat belts like a good nanny government/police state would)... Do these things and BEGIN to wake up...
edit on 26-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Lol sorry to hijack your thread. Lupe is one of the few rappers i like.

Its nice to see influential people try to make the world a better place/increas awareness, especially when doing so is not always in their best interest.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I was just on a Lupe kick. He is amazing. You must follow the same twitter feed I do haha. I just put the video for Friend Of The People in another thread. Perfect.
Too much silence.

It's so loud inside my head
With words that I
Should have said
As I drown
In my regret
I can't take back
The words
I never said.

top topics

join